Speculation: Eichel Megathread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
ANOTHER mistake by Buffalo. He should have been traded this past weekend after the agent released the statement. They are really playing with fire here. When disgruntled players/agents go out of their way to release statements like that, its not soon - its NOW.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
ANOTHER mistake by Buffalo. He should have been traded this past weekend after the agent released the statement. They are really playing with fire here. When disgruntled players/agents go out of their way to release statements like that, its not soon - its NOW.

So take whatever is out there because the agents applied public pressure? That seems like a great way to get bent over in a trade.

Ledge And Dairy

The cap is always the league cap. If you put someone on LTIR it’s still the league cap, but you get to exceed it by the LTIR amount. The cap ceiling doesn’t change to your cap hit plus the LTIR. Perhaps you’re not wording it well because that would mean a team with a $75m cap hit would have that as their ceiling if they put someone on LTIR and thus would have a lower cap ceiling than the rest of the league.
I was explaining it in simple terms. Its called an LTIR Relief Pool

Also no you dont get to exceed it by the LTIR amount. They can exceed it by their Accrued Cap Space Limit (ACSL) + their LTIR relief pool - the Leagues Upper Limit

As for your 75M team example, not thats only their ACSL

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I was explaining it in simple terms. Its called an LTIR Relief Pool

Also no you dont get to exceed it by the LTIR amount. They can exceed it by their Accrued Cap Space Limit (ACSL) + their LTIR relief pool - the Leagues Upper Limit

As for your 75M team example, not thats only their ACSL
Yea, I was putting it in simple terms as well, that’s why I simply said you get to exceed it by the LTIR.

Once again, the Cap ceiling is the same for every team, regardless of LTIR.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
giphy.gif

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Adams pretty much guaranteed that he would get bent over when he failed to trade him before the draft. The offers are only going to get worse the more he waits

That is not the impression that Friedman and Marek gave on their podcast this morning.

And they mentioned that Adams is doing the NHL GM thing of showing that a player and his agent can't push him around.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Unless the offers to this point have been massive underpayments. I'm fine with Adams slow rolling this.

The problem is that there is no reason for the offers to get better the longer this goes. Things just get uglier and uglier for Adams, not better the longer this goes and pretty soon, no one will be able to afford taking back $10m w/o moving out contracts. So instead of futures, Adams will have to take on money. The "let him rot" discussion is ridiculous....no team wants that headache. His ownership will pull the rug out from under him before they allow an entire season of "what's up with Eichel?" everyday.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm curious at what point teams are going to just say **** it, we need to make other arrangements. The surgery timetables are a big one. Buffalo may run out of runway if they slow roll this too much.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
But why? They traded Ristolainen and Reinhart. The team is back into full tank mode. The Eichel situation is a distraction and a cancer, but that can only help their tanking. There's nothing there to destroy.

Of course you want to make good feelings around the rebuild, much like how Arizona is quickly turning general sentiment in their favor again, and the Eichel situation is painful and embarrassing.

However, getting that trade correct is too important. There's no shortage of outside fans and pundits who want it to happen, but that's for entertainment value.

No GM was more laughed at ridiculed than Joe Sakic. Everyone said he was over his head. I know as an Oiler fan Chiarelli gets a ton of abuse, but it's more of a general thing compared to the white hot abuse Sakic took (and BTW it was the same for Yzerman in Tampa, which everyone forgets). But, he waited for the right moves, and not to satisfy the mob.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The problem is that there is no reason for the offers to get better the longer this goes. Things just get uglier and uglier for Adams, not better the longer this goes and pretty soon, no one will be able to afford taking back $10m w/o moving out contracts. So instead of futures, Adams will have to take on money. The "let him rot" discussion is ridiculous....no team wants that headache. His ownership will pull the rug out from under him before they allow an entire season of "what's up with Eichel?" everyday.

So far, Adams has been able to do a lot of things that previous GMs were not allowed to do by the Pegulas. That talks to how much the Pegulas trust Adams.

I doubt there is pressure to make a move this season from ownership. I think the next point in time where ownership might get involved is when we get closer to the $7.5M bonus payment next year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
How much of this is really about the surgery vs. just wanting out of BUF?

Any chance Eichel is insisting on the surgery because he knows BUF won't budge?

Would be fascinating if he suddenly 'changed his mind' about getting the surgery after being traded.

His neck is jacked. That much is true. He will need treatment of some kind in order to get back to a reasonable extent to the athlete he was before. It's also true that he wants out of Buffalo and that relationship is toast. It's also true that 1) Eichel and his camp has aired the dirty laundry as part of a power play 2) Adams is digging in because he wants best value. I think there is some risk in Adams' approach but at the end of the day I think that Eichel is going to get the treatment he wants and Adams will find a suitor that will pay up.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This needs to end..... yesterday....

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm curious at what point teams are going to just say **** it, we need to make other arrangements. The surgery timetables are a big one. Buffalo may run out of runway if they slow roll this too much.
I'm struggling to see the consequence if they run out of that runway

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad