Proposal: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dumba is salary and value. Buffalo would be free to do whatever they wanted with him. Teams would be calling. If you’d rather we left him out and figured it out ourselves, the fine I guess, but he’s not going to be replaced by a ton more stuff.

The COVID thing is what it is. Maybe it kills the deal, maybe it doesn’t.
I like Rossi, but his current situation is quite risky and dangerous for trading and value, especially if we are trade Eichel.

I would ask for Kaprizov+, sorry, but for me there is no other option from Wild, and I would understand if Guerin did not want to trade Kaprizov, but it depends on his desire to get an elite 1C.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
meh when it comes to a player of Eichel's caliber and getting the 1C you desperately need those things really dont matter. And from my more petty side no Foligno no Eichel lol.
absolutely. If you can't be petty and childish when shopping Eichel, when can you be?:laugh:

As someone who has BUF as one of my "other " teams, i would say that getting Foligno and Bjugstad is far better than Rask. Some Wild fans are kidding themselves that he is a good player because he has had a few good games while playing with Kaprizov, but really, he is the same level of player as Bjugstad, and is owed 4 times the amount of money for the remainder of his contract. Foligno is a good professional and leader, vg defensively, and is nice to have around when opponents start taking liberties with your players. IMO, he has improved since being traded from BUF.
So, its;
Dumba
Rossi
Foligno
Bjugstad(dump)
2 x 2021 1sts

for

Eichel
2021 2nd/Mittlestadt

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I like Rossi, but his current situation is quite risky and dangerous for trading and value, especially if we are trade Eichel.

I would ask for Kaprizov+, sorry, but for me there is no other option from Wild, and I would understand if Guerin did not want to trade Kaprizov, but it depends on his desire to get an elite 1C.

You like Kaprizov more than Rossi. It’s a defensible position.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

kaps not on the table, but i would consider a deal around fiala if it had to come to that. But youre either not going to get both 1sts, or rossi will be swapped with a center along the lines of khovanov

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

I know it's really early for Kaprizov, but so far, he looks like the real deal.
I would trade him and Dumba for Eichel, but not a whole lot more. No way I throw 2 1sts on top of that.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
kaps not on the table, but i would consider a deal around fiala if it had to come to that. But youre either not going to get both 1sts, or rossi will be swapped with a center along the lines of khovanov
No way that KK/Fiala gets added to Dumba+ 1st(s)+ Rossi. That's crazy talk.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
You like Kaprizov more than Rossi. It’s a defensible position.
Rather, much more than Dumba, I would never want to see Dumba in the deal.

Then I don't see the deal. I don't like Dumba and generally would not want the defender to be in the deal for Eichel. I like Rossi, but his current situation does not look very good and it will be strange to trade for him as for the main part.
At the same time, it does not have to be the first two, but Kaprizov+ is necessary, Wild simply does not have such players to get Eichel, Fiala is not very interesting. I know perfectly well who Kaprizov is and have seen more than 100 of his gamess aw live and on TV, he is a stud.

I know it's really early for Kaprizov, but so far, he looks like the real deal.
I would trade him and Dumba for Eichel, but not a whole lot more. No way I throw 2 1sts on top of that.
I would not be interested in Dumba at all, I'd rather include Rask instead, but to get more value.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
absolutely. If you can't be petty and childish when shopping Eichel, when can you be?:laugh:

As someone who has BUF as one of my "other " teams, i would say that getting Foligno and Bjugstad is far better than Rask. Some Wild fans are kidding themselves that he is a good player because he has had a few good games while playing with Kaprizov, but really, he is the same level of player as Bjugstad, and is owed 4 times the amount of money for the remainder of his contract. Foligno is a good professional and leader, vg defensively, and is nice to have around when opponents start taking liberties with your players. IMO, he has improved since being traded from BUF.
So, its;
Dumba
Rossi
Foligno
Bjugstad(dump)
2 x 2021 1sts

for

Eichel
2021 2nd/Mittlestadt

I'd do Mitts before a 2nd but I'm sure I'd have fellow Sabres posters disagree with me.

If I couldn't get LA to meet my wants or the Rangers to include Laf and some other enticing things this would be my fav offer for sure. Adding Dumba isn't necessary but we could recoup assets from trading Miller or montour etc which gives Dumba value beyond his actual value which is fine in and of itself.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
No way that KK/Fiala gets added to Dumba+ 1st(s)+ Rossi. That's crazy talk.
This would be a terrible trade for the Sabres. Seriously there are 20 teams that could put together a better offer. There is not one piece in this offer that is guaranteed to be on the Sabres in 3 years.

Dumba is in his late 20's and will be a free agent two seasons after this. Why is he part of a deal involving Eichel? Trading Eichel is a sign of the Sabres rebuilding yet again, and the centerpiece of that trade is a defensemen who is approching 30 and will have to be re-signed before the Sabres are expected to be competitive again?

Then you have Rossi who hasn't played an NHL game and has had a very bad response to a Covid infection and a first or firsts. This deal isn't as bad as the ROR deal but it is in that territory.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Rather, much more than Dumba, I would never want to see Dumba in the deal.

Then I don't see the deal. I don't like Dumba and generally would not want the defender to be in the deal for Eichel. I like Rossi, but his current situation does not look very good and it will be strange to trade for him as for the main part.
At the same time, it does not have to be the first two, but Kaprizov+ is necessary, Wild simply does not have such players to get Eichel, Fiala is not very interesting. I know perfectly well who Kaprizov is and have seen more than 100 of his games live or on TV, he is a stud.

I would not be interested in Dumba at all, I'd rather include Rask instead, but to get more value.

Well thats a problem in itself than isnt it? if KK is going that way 90% of the offered trade is getting thrown away. I understand your reasoning for wanting to include him, but at this point in his career he could very well turn out to be of equal value as eichel. and im not in the business of getting fleeced in trades.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
This would be a terrible trade for the Sabres. Seriously there are 20 teams that could put together a better offer. There is not one piece in this offer that is guaranteed to be on the Sabres in 3 years.

Dumba is in his late 20's and will be a free agent two seasons after this. Why is he part of a deal involving Eichel? Trading Eichel is a sign of the Sabres rebuilding yet again, and the centerpiece of that trade is a defensemen who is approching 30 and will have to be re-signed before the Sabres are expected to be competitive again?

Then you have Rossi who hasn't played an NHL game and has had a very bad response to a Covid infection and a first or firsts. This deal isn't as bad as the ROR deal but it is in that territory.

matt dumba is 26, hardly "late 20s"

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well thats a problem in itself than isnt it? if KK is going that way 90% of the offered trade is getting thrown away. I understand your reasoning for wanting to include him, but at this point in his career he could very well turn out to be of equal value as eichel. and im not in the business of getting fleeced in trades.
Come on man, I'm a big Kaprizov fan, but he's not likely to be as good as Eichel and he's not the center. He will probably be a great top 6 winger at 65-70 points, but a little later. It's just that if there is no Kaprizov in the deal, then some other teams can beat your offer. Rossi is still a question mark, and we don't really need Dumba, I saw Wild fans trade him for a guy like Frost.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
matt dumba is 26, hardly "late 20s"
I thought he was 27 my mistake. The centerpiece for an Eichel trade imo has to be a forward 19-22 that is already pretty good with potential to get better.

If the Sabres do trade Eichel, Dumba will be 30 by the time the Sabres are realistically going to be playoff contenders so he doesn't even remotely fit the timeline. Also, Dumba will have to be re-signed in that time if the Sabres want to keep him, which considering how bad the Sabres have been and are likely to be the next coupler years, would be a tough sell or the Sabres would have to hand out yet another terrible contract.

A competent GM wouldn't be looking for guys like Dumba in a Eichel deal unless he is about to fleece another GM and there are a couple other pieces more valuable than Dumba coming your way in the deal.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I thought he was 27 my mistake. The centerpiece for an Eichel trade imo has to be a forward 19-22 that is already pretty good with potential to get better.

If the Sabres do trade Eichel, Dumba will be 30 by the time the Sabres are realistically going to be playoff contenders so he doesn't even remotely fit the timeline. Also, Dumba will have to be re-signed in that time if the Sabres want to keep him, which considering how bad the Sabres have been and are likely to be the next coupler years, would be a tough sell or the Sabres would have to hand out yet another terrible contract.

A competent GM wouldn't be looking for guys like Dumba in a Eichel deal unless he is about to fleece another GM and there are a couple other pieces more valuable than Dumba coming your way in the deal.
This

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
3 way deal:

BUF Konecny, Sanheim, Frost, York
PHI Gaudreau, Hanifin, Zary, Pelletier, Cgy 1st
CGY Eichel

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
So, I was just skimming through the Sabres roster and I see you have 7 years committed to Skinner @ 9M AAV. He’s got 1 point in 14 games. LMAO!

What a train wreck.

If you’re going to trade Eichel, a 24 year old centre, you’re tearing this down. Ideally, you’re keeping him but if he wants out of this bleep show (I don’t blame him), you’re rebooting this team yet again with high end prospects/draft picks.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
BUFF has to make up their mind. Do you want a deal made up mostly of futures, with all that entails, or players in the league now, understanding that it's near impossible to get a one for one deal for Eichel. Closest might be Gaudreau and Monahan, in that case. The LA deal above is nice, but is almost all futures. The MN deal is a mix of good NHL players with no age or health issues, and futures.

Reactions: DJN21

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
im okay with that.

There's no way foligno is going anywhere soon after being signed in January to 3 years extension. Guerin loves him too much, & it's unrealistic to think foligno is going anywhere anytime soon.

Want eichel, but dude has 2 goals, & -10 on the year playing with Taylor hall

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Come on man, I'm a big Kaprizov fan, but he's not likely to be as good as Eichel and he's not the center. He will probably be a great top 6 winger at 65-70 points, but a little later. It's just that if there is no Kaprizov in the deal, then some other teams can beat your offer. Rossi is still a question mark, and we don't really need Dumba, I saw Wild fans trade him for a guy like Frost.

Kaprizov is untouchable. He's not going anywhere. he's wild Franchise player. Has more goals, & is a plus- better than eichel this year.

Like get real. Wild, not a good team, & rookie is playing better than eichel

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
BUFF has to make up their mind. Do you want a deal made up mostly of futures, with all that entails, or players in the league now, understanding that it's near impossible to get a one for one deal for Eichel. Closest might be Gaudreau and Monahan, in that case. The LA deal above is nice, but is almost all futures. The MN deal is a mix of good NHL players with no age or health issues, and futures.
This will be the decision of the owners and the GM.

But I would prefer something like that as a basis:

Suzuki + Caufield/Romanov + 1st
Kaprizov + Rossi/Boldy + 1st
Tuch + Glass + 1st

Not necessarily in this form, but a player under 25 year, who can already produce, a top 10 level prospect and 1st round, maybe two 1st. Gaudreau, Monahan, Zibanejad and similar guys probably won't suit us because of their age and term.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Kaprizov is untouchable. He's not going anywhere. he's wild Franchise player. Has more goals, & is a plus- better than eichel this year.

Like get real. Wild, not a good team, & rookie is playing better than eichel
Maybe because Eichel is playing with an injury? Or have you forgotten that Eichel was 95 points in pace last season on a team like Buffalo? Then there is no deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad