Euro Hockey Tour: EHT and its future

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I tried to find generall thread about EHT. Unfortunatelly I did not find any. So I created this one.

According to russian sources, EHT will be replaced by new competition of NTs, called Hockey League. No details. Discussion about this idea will held 9.Feb. in Sweden.

Inspiration is in UEFA Europa League, so no 3 day tournament in one city, but games at the same time in more cities. Lets say there is 8 NTs, Sweden will play against Finns on friday in Sweden, on sunday the same teams meet in Finland. Etc.

What do you think? Any source from Sweden, Finland?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I tried to find generall thread about EHT. Unfortunatelly I did not find any. So I created this one.

According to russian sources, EHT will be replaced by new competition of NTs, called Hockey League. No details. Discussion about this idea will held 9.Feb. in Sweden.

Inspiration is in UEFA Europa League, so no 3 day tournament in one city, but games at the same time in more cities. Lets say there is 8 NTs, Sweden will play against Finns on friday in Sweden, on sunday the same teams meet in Finland. Etc.

What do you think? Any source from Sweden, Finland?

Haven't heard anything yet but sounds very great! More home games for teams that means.. So better atmosphere (and more money will be made). I really like that idea! :handclap:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yes, I've heard they want to get rid of the games where neither team has a home crowd. Might lead to more NT breaks but they will be shorter so they don't disrupt the flow of the national leagues as much. For instance league plays on Tuesday, NT plays Thursday and Saturday, league is back in action on Monday again. 5-6 day breaks instead of 9-10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad