Recalled/Assigned: Ehn to GRG, Givani back up

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
No Zadina tonight. Ditto for Ras.

I didn’t hear anything about injuries to either guy, but part of me wonders if one or both could get a call up when the team is back in town.

Reactions: JIM Johnson

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Different positions and skills.
My guess is maybe TPTB want Ehn to work more with the kids. That would mean they still have hopes Ehn's offense can be improved
Ehn only has 6 more games before he has to go through waivers, and he is redundant with LGD.

I would have thought they'd do this after the road trip though, but it makes sense. Agree that he needs to work on his offense in GR.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
So last night they sent smith down. Tonight hes called back up and Ehn down?

Is stevie just pulling names out of a hat?

I know theres most likely a method to his madness, but damnnnnn this is madness.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They really should have called up Svech and put him on the 3rd line. I guess Hirose is playing tonight?
Svech > Smith or Ehn or Hirose

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I know theres most likely a method to his madness, but damnnnnn this is madness.
Looks like LGD is back.

But yeah, you think they'd just wait until they get back home before making moves.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
way to go boys , critique steve **** yzerman like you know better lmao
Smith didn't even play. I suppose he gets NHL money for being on the roster so he's a happy camper either way. Stevie could have called anyone up for that...

Considering Hirose scored a goal, I bet Blash plays him again next game.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Smith on IR. I bet he didn't notify the team, got sent down, and couldn't play. They put him on the roster so he could get NHL pay during IR, which he deserves if he hurt his hand during the fight. His stick handling was garbage after the fight, so I'm assuming thta's what happened (no official announcement on the injury).

Ehn recalled, probably was just a paper move to get Smith back on the roster. Helm is day to day, Ehn might be playing.

I think that pretty much explains the really strange moves back and forth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad