Recalled/Assigned: Ehn sent to GR

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Frk probably should have been the one, but seeing as he is in the press box almost every night, Ehn getting to play in the AHL, seems better to me, although not financially for him. I liked what I saw from him, he seems very smart defensively and works hard when he is on the ice, much better than past defensive guys like Joakim Andersson who did not much of anything.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
HFBoards outrage about the 4th liner who has less offensive ability than Luke Glendenning, solely because he's a (22YO) shiny new toy?

Sounds about right.

Reactions: ShelbyZ
Oct 18, 2006
HFBoards outrage about the 4th liner who has less offensive ability than Luke Glendenning, solely because he's a (22YO) shiny new toy?

Sounds about right.
No, outrage that a young guy who’s actually been doing his job gets demoted whilst scrubs show nothing, don’t skate and keep getting 20 shifts a night. Context please.

Reactions: Mlotek and Winger98

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Like what I've seen from Ehn, he kinda came out of nowhere. Hoping he plays with Zadina in GR.

I don't. He's a checking line center. If people complain about AA or Rasmussen getting saddled with Helm and Abby or whoever at the NHL level, you really shouldn't be in favor of Zadina playing with Ehn.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I don't. He's a checking line center. If people complain about AA or Rasmussen getting saddled with Helm and Abby or whoever at the NHL level, you really shouldn't be in favor of Zadina playing with Ehn.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ not a lot of options down there at C

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ not a lot of options down there at C
Carter Camper was tied for 11th in the AHL in points last year, he's an excellent playmaker for Zadina. Wade Megan, who kind of slumped last year, has had 60 point seasons in the past. Chris Terry lead the AHL in points last year and is a good winger linemate for Zadina. There's plenty of options better than Ehn.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
No, outrage that a young guy who’s actually been doing his job gets demoted whilst scrubs show nothing, don’t skate and keep getting 20 shifts a night. Context please.

Yeah, context. A guy who knew the game and knew that he was likely to be the first sent back down got sent down. Ehn played his role well.

Think about it like this. Corporate America, layoffs happen. Do they ****can the CEO or even the managers who aren't doing as good a job as they can? Nope. They'll pinkslip the mailroom worker who delivers mail every day on time.

Things never cease to amaze me here. Ehn has worse possession statistics in virtually the same deployment as Luke Glendening. Last three games, Ehn played 6, 6, and 8 minutes. Basically, when Ehn didn't play, the Wings looked better OR he would have done nothing to make them look better (Ehn isn't creating shots, so he would have a limited effect on the Carolina game)

As a checking line center and a PKer, he was under 50% on FOs and pretty abysmal in possession. For all the crap people want to give Glendening for being a bad defensive player and act like he's a worthless piece of garbage, you're giving daps to Ehn for the same thing you crucify Glenny for. Also, they sent him down to GR for basically Ehn + 2 NHL seasons in Jacob DLR. This is such a nothing move that it should blow my mind that people are upset about it, but like I said, I'm kinda used to it here.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Can we not just waive Abdelkader or Nielsen instead?

That moment when you know Abdelkader is signed for a while, but check capfriendly and remember that he's signed until 2023. :facepalm:

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Carter Camper was tied for 11th in the AHL in points last year, he's an excellent playmaker for Zadina. Wade Megan, who kind of slumped last year, has had 60 point seasons in the past. Chris Terry lead the AHL in points last year and is a good winger linemate for Zadina. There's plenty of options better than Ehn.

True true true, Terry is a good option at wing but hopefully Camper or Megan pick it up soon. I just see the minuses out there and think somebody like Ehn could help out.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
True true true, Terry is a good option at wing but hopefully Camper or Megan pick it up soon. I just see the minuses out there and think somebody like Ehn could help out.
The whole team has kind of been slumping. Half the team is new, so they're getting used to each other. They'll pick it up soon. Hell, they looked way better in their game against Chicago just from getting Lashoff back and adding Sulak.

Reactions: ThankGord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad