Ehn Joins Grand Rapids

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Christoffer Ehn, drafted in round 4 in 2014, has joined Grand Rapids.
He's listed as 6'3, 181 pounds on elite prospects.
At Frolunda, he recently posted a solid 7-10-17 season - up from 4-9-13 last year - his first full season in the SHL.
But, it should be noted, that Jan Mursak played in 15 games with Frolunda, and went 10-10-20.
Rasmus Dahlin, the hyped up young defenseman, also had 7-13-20 in 41 games.''

Still, a center, Ehn has size and he skates well.

Ehn is a center with fine defensive instincts and a solid all-around game. A fast skater, a pretty good stick handler, and a very hard worker. Goes hard to net. However, his offensive game is still in development, especially his shot. Has the smarts to play wing if need be. - Erik K. Piri, EP (2017)

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I'm surprised they signed him. Just seems too weak to me and (stat watching) didn't seem to put up any real impressive seasons.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Sounds more like a lighter and faster Joakim Andersson 2.0...

Anderssons last two years in Frolunda were 6-6-12 and 6-12-18, and those were also his only two full seasons there.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Christoffer Ehn, drafted in round 4 in 2014, has joined Grand Rapids.
He's listed as 6'3, 181 pounds on elite prospects.
At Frolunda, he recently posted a solid 7-10-17 season - up from 4-9-13 last year - his first full season in the SHL.
But, it should be noted, that Jan Mursak played in 15 games with Frolunda, and went 10-10-20.
Rasmus Dahlin, the hyped up young defenseman, also had 7-13-20 in 41 games.''

Still, a center, Ehn has size and he skates well.

Ehn is a center with fine defensive instincts and a solid all-around game. A fast skater, a pretty good stick handler, and a very hard worker. Goes hard to net. However, his offensive game is still in development, especially his shot. Has the smarts to play wing if need be. - Erik K. Piri, EP (2017)

He is a tall twig.

Reactions: Winger98

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Sounds more like a lighter and faster Joakim Andersson 2.0...

Anderssons last two years in Frolunda were 6-6-12 and 6-12-18, and those were also his only two full seasons there.

I'll take a faster Joakim Andersson.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I like him. Turgeon and him can duke out the spot for the lower checking line assignment and we can cash in on Glendening when one of them proves worthy of that role.

He is a very responsible player with the needed skating to make the show. Could use a little more explosion but he has NHL skating in my opinion. Always on the right side of the puck, who knows he could even develop more, but I think a responsible depth player isn't the worst thing. Worth the contract and the look in NA for sure, I hope he pans out.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
:clap:

I like this move. I'm not expecting a bunch of points, but he's a solid defensive player from what I've seen.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Ehn is from that era of Detroit picks where they thought big, raw kids with extra years to develop meant premium upside. I'd like to say they're past that, but after last year I'm not so sure.

His skill level is commensurate with most forwards drafted in the fourth round.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
big with great intensity. good defensive skills. will never be a player who puts up points. this season he has started to play very physical .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad