Player Discussion: Ehlers

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you say so, but we’ll need more than 2 pts and great zone exits out of little Nicky to go anywhere.

I don’t believe he will be healthy and as we have witnesses lately the team isn’t very good without him. One of it really matters unless McDavid comes back down to earth.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
It would be poetic justice if Nick's injury would cost old man Maurice his job. But we know Chevy don't have balls to fire Wheeler's and Scheifele's favorite puppet.

Reactions: GumbyCan2

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I don’t believe he will be healthy and as we have witnesses lately the team isn’t very good without him. One of it really matters unless McDavid comes back down to earth.

The team isn't very good with him -
Having Nic back is obviously a plus - but he won't carry this team in the state they are in.
When you lose a top winger, you can expect an impact - but not a 7 game losing streak and an apparent lack of desire to be a good as they can be.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The team isn't very good with him -
Having Nic back is obviously a plus - but he won't carry this team in the state they are in.
When you lose a top winger, you can expect an impact - but not a 7 game losing streak and an apparent lack of desire to be a good as they can be.
It was more losing Lowry that kicked off the losing streak... him and Ehlers are the only Jets that work consistently game to game

Reactions: GumbyCan2

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It was more losing Lowry that kicked off the losing streak... him and Ehlers are the only Jets that work consistently game to game

The bold isn't true but it's not important.
My point stands - Ehlers will not take this team to another level.
The team needs to take us there.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Absolutely, this team has proved to be a lost shit-show of how it used to play, with Ehlers on the recovery shelf.
Chevy needs to: 1) switch Maurice & Puddy with Vincent & E Dubois on their respective team benches now!
2) when Ehlers back, give him the "C", and remove from Wheeler,
3) resign Pionk to a good, long term contract, during tonight's game and give him an "A"on his jersey, removed from Scheifele.

Thats my initial, immediate reaction need for this "bucket of players"!

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Absolutely, this team has proved to be a lost shit-show of how it used to play, with Ehlers on the recovery shelf.
Chevy needs to: 1) switch Maurice & Puddy with Vincent & E Dubois on their respective team benches now!
2) when Ehlers back, give him the "C", and remove from Wheeler,
3) resign Pionk to a good, long term contract, during tonight's game and give him an "A"on his jersey, removed from Scheifele.

Thats my initial, immediate reaction need for this "bucket of players"!
well that's quite drastic.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
well that's quite drastic.
Thank you. Desparate calls for drastic!
In offseason, I trade Scheifele and jMo and even Wheeler, if he doesn 't like the new direction.
Get a new head coach and defensive coach.
Name new Captains, assistants and recoil fresh new start training camp.
Now, you can put a stamp on my box labelled
Drastic Department Head.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets have one of their biggest franchise wins in history.

No ones posted in 12 minutes & no sign of a post game thread...

Is everyone talking trash on the Edmonton boards? Its not even 10:30PM, you can't be sleeping.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This team needs another play driving forward in its top 6 preferably 2.

Hopefully Dubois can be one of them next year after a full training camp with the team.

Perfetti looks like he has all the makings of a player who can drive transition, and create offense but the big question mark is will he be ready next year.

Quite frankly we need to split all three of our weak defensive forwards on three separate lines.

Conner Dubois Ehlers - Line played well together this year and I'd Dubois comes in better next year could be real good.

Copp(defense) Perfetti (Play driving) Scheifele (Scoring) yes I have Mark at RW where his laziness defensively doesn't hurt us as much.

Ves Lowry Wheeler Shooting defense play.aking and size.
I think Perfetti gets a taste next year but nothing significant. With his size and our forward depth I think they will take their time with him. I think Guss and Ves will have a chance to crack the lineup depending what happens with a handful of Jets.

Reactions: Snot Rocket

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Man Ehlers was impressive last night, it's like he never missed a beat from his injury time off. As far as I'm concerned, he's the heart and soul of the Jets, and also a great sniper. His shot is a little underrated, but those 2 goals last night were right under the bar, and very hard.

I'd say Helle, Scheifele, and Ehlers are the Jet's best players, followed very closely by Kyle Connor.

Way to go Nikky , but your not done yet- we need a couple more from you to finish these guys off tonight. :thumbu:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It is funny noting who historically was banging hard on the table for the past 2 (sometimes more) seasons to trade Ehlers and are now backpedalling hard.
I will admit early last season I was open to the idea of trading Nik - wasn't sure if he had it in him to actually start producing off of his great possession. Goes to show giving up on players too soon is foolhardy

Reactions: Sweech

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think he looked rusty last night. Still got his chances but his stick handling and decision making was lacking imo. Don't blame him as it was back-to-back and he needs is game sharpness back but lots of room for improvement.

Yeah he hadn't played for a nearly a month and then goes back to back. Part of why his first game back was so impressive. Some hard practices after some rest will do he and the team good waiting for the babies out east to solve their series.

Too many OT's! :laugh:

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I think he looked rusty last night. Still got his chances but his stick handling and decision making was lacking imo. Don't blame him as it was back-to-back and he needs is game sharpness back but lots of room for improvement.
He’s still got a bit of recovery to do IMHO and looked like he was fighting some pain with his head down on the bench for a minute..If he continues his recovery protocols as I imagine he will, I think he’ll be excellent for the next game.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I wanna see more consistent production before he is out of the, “PO underperformer”, bracket.

But, as he has been injured, he is exused for not continuing the production in his 2nd game back.

Reactions: DashingDane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad