Player Discussion: Ehlers

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I'm not 100% sure, because I don't recall if Billeck said anything about it at the time, but a couple of weeks ago with the deadline looming this was revealed:

I think that's from the Athletic. Sarah Civian, an anonymous NHL exec and a scout all say "Dallas says no" to Ehlers for Lindell.

Now I haven't watched Dallas in a long time and Lindell would probably be a good player to add to the Jets D, but what in the living f***?

I'm convinced that's what the reference was, thanks. And the non-WFP paywall helps explain why he'd be a little vague.

Reads like it came out of the Stars beat; I think your guess that it's Civian is a good one, but it was probably submitted 'anonymously'.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Anyone know what to make of this bizarre tweet?:

I'm not 100% sure, because I don't recall if Billeck said anything about it at the time, but a couple of weeks ago with the deadline looming this was revealed:

I think that's from the Athletic. Sarah Civian, an anonymous NHL exec and a scout all say "Dallas says no" to Ehlers for Lindell.

Now I haven't watched Dallas in a long time and Lindell would probably be a good player to add to the Jets D, but what in the living f***?

Were these tweets deleted? Neither are loading for me. What did they say?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
for those that follow GAR and xGAR

EzLkVhdUYA48YXd

EzLkEqHUcAkInIX

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Cutting his ice time in favor of Perrault is love?

It was a suggestion to try to better balance the lineup. It may or may not be a good idea, but there was no criticism of Connor there.

Even if there had been some criticism, honest critique of a player does not = hate. Connor is weak in the D zone. I don't hate Connor.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
how important is ehlers? notably to the 2nd line if our hot-dog loving coach decides to go CSW?

using PLD as the archetype

PLD with Ehlers this year
246 5v5 mins; 53 CF%, 53 xGF%, 10GF/7GA (58 GF%). 2.43 gf/60, 1.7 ga/60.

since 04-25-2021
48 5v5 mins 45 CF%, 28 xGF%, 0GF/2GA.

this guy is PARAMOUNT to this team. our top 6 can't do squat when he's out, and if we go CSW as line 1.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
how important is ehlers? notably to the 2nd line if our hot-dog loving coach decides to go CSW?

using PLD as the archetype

PLD with Ehlers this year
246 5v5 mins; 53 CF%, 53 xGF%, 10GF/7GA (58 GF%). 2.43 gf/60, 1.7 ga/60.

since 04-25-2021
48 5v5 mins 45 CF%, 28 xGF%, 0GF/2GA.

this guy is PARAMOUNT to this team. our top 6 can't do squat when he's out, and if we go CSW as line 1.

This team needs another play driving forward in its top 6 preferably 2.

Hopefully Dubois can be one of them next year after a full training camp with the team.

Perfetti looks like he has all the makings of a player who can drive transition, and create offense but the big question mark is will he be ready next year.

Quite frankly we need to split all three of our weak defensive forwards on three separate lines.

Conner Dubois Ehlers - Line played well together this year and I'd Dubois comes in better next year could be real good.

Copp(defense) Perfetti (Play driving) Scheifele (Scoring) yes I have Mark at RW where his laziness defensively doesn't hurt us as much.

Ves Lowry Wheeler Shooting defense play.aking and size.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
This team needs another play driving forward in its top 6 preferably 2.

Hopefully Dubois can be one of them next year after a full training camp with the team.

Perfetti looks like he has all the makings of a player who can drive transition, and create offense but the big question mark is will he be ready next year.

Quite frankly we need to split all three of our weak defensive forwards on three separate lines.

Conner Dubois Ehlers - Line played well together this year and I'd Dubois comes in better next year could be real good.

Copp(defense) Perfetti (Play driving) Scheifele (Scoring) yes I have Mark at RW where his laziness defensively doesn't hurt us as much.

Ves Lowry Wheeler Shooting defense play.aking and size.
dubois was supposed to be that. but so far as a Jets, he's basically a worse version than past-his-prime Little.

our dunce of a coach decides to stack 3 of our worst defensive fwds on one line.....while we STILL cannot generate offense, and give them the lion-share of the minutes as the top-line.

Perfetti has looked good in the A from the accounts i've read. hopefully he's ehlers-esque in play-driving abilities.

We need more than Ehlers as far as being a play-driver and great in transition. our coach decides to give him like 13-14 mins of 5v5 time per game. Who is making a difference the other 5v5 mins??

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
dubois was supposed to be that. but so far as a Jets, he's basically a worse version than past-his-prime Little.

our dunce of a coach decides to stack 3 of our worst defensive fwds on one line.....while we STILL cannot generate offense, and give them the lion-share of the minutes as the top-line.

Perfetti has looked good in the A from the accounts i've read. hopefully he's ehlers-esque in play-driving abilities.

We need more than Ehlers as far as being a play-driver and great in transition. our coach decides to give him like 13-14 mins of 5v5 time per game. Who is making a difference the other 5v5 mins??

Well Perfetti is a play driving whiz but does it a different way then Ehelers. That being said he has to be physically ready and quicker next year to be able to translate that aspect of his game.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Well Perfetti is a play driving whiz but does it a different way then Ehelers. That being said he has to be physically ready and quicker next year to be able to translate that aspect of his game.
i thought some of the pressure would be off of perfetti a bit to be a high-end play driving C, given the PLD acquisition. but we might need him more than ever if PLD doesn't start showing something.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
i thought some of the pressure would be off of perfetti a bit to be a high-end play driving C, given the PLD acquisition. but we might need him more than ever if PLD doesn't start showing something.

I am pretty confident Dubois bounces back next season but we will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I am pretty confident Dubois bounces back next season but we will just have to wait and see.
i am too. i think long-term he should be fine, however, his play this year as a Jet as the games progressed has instilled 0 confidence. i see a player that is a far-cry from where he was the last 5 years (including both CBJ and Jrs)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
i am too. i think long-term he should be fine, however, his play this year as a Jet as the games progressed has instilled 0 confidence. i see a player that is a far-cry from where he was the last 5 years (including both CBJ and Jrs)

I think our lack of a system makes players who thrive with structure look worse then they are. Not everyone is good at free lancing and thinking on their toes. Some require good order and knowing where they should be or where others will be to thrive.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think our lack of a system makes players who thrive with structure look worse then they are. Not everyone is good at free lancing and thinking on their toes. Some require good order and knowing where they should be or where others will be to thrive.

I agree. Increasingly I think that the younger players who succeed here are managing the feat by outplaying their coaching and systems, just as the Jets have outscored their expectations over the years. Ehlers has done it, Heinola and Perfetti will do it, and hopefully PLD will also.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I agree. Increasingly I think that the younger players who succeed here are managing the feat by outplaying their coaching and systems, just as the Jets have outscored their expectations over the years. Ehlers has done it, Heinola and Perfetti will do it, and hopefully PLD will also.

Well hopefully we get a coach that can put in place a strong set of systems so that we don't need players to outplay anything and we have schemes in place designed to optimize the players we have.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Well hopefully we get a coach that can put in place a strong set of systems so that we don't need players to outplay anything and we have schemes in place designed to optimize the players we have.
There are quite a few articles talking about PLD battling the puck in CBJ as well... and sometimes gliding a bit too much

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There are quite a few articles talking about PLD battling the puck in CBJ as well... and sometimes gliding a bit too much

It's not just about Dubois it's about all our players. We need a good scheme so that most play well. Dubois I think has very good but not elite hands so he's going to bobble pucks from time to time but I expect once he really settles he will be a lot smoother with the puck then he's shown so far.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It's not just about Dubois it's about all our players. We need a good scheme so that most play well. Dubois I think has very good but not elite hands so he's going to bobble pucks from time to time but I expect once he really settles he will be a lot smoother with the puck then he's shown so far.
He’s done it before. Way too much being made of this sample of play over the larger sample when he was much better. Better chance his form returns in the long run than what we’re seeing now, especially if there happens to be a coaching change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad