Prospect Info: Egor Afanasyev, 45th Overall

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Shishkanov and glazachev. Man. I had high hopes for them too. To think Glazachev was ranked higher than Weber/Klein at one point. He was a dynamic talent in that 03 draft. One of the rare misses.
Glazachev has had a good KHL career though, too bad he didn’t want to come here. If only we could have a time machine and plant the name Patrice Bergeron into Polie’s head.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Really hoping he makes it in the NHL for us.
Our history with second round Russians has not been good: Arkhipov, Glazachev, Shishkanov, Kamenev.

Got a good feeling about Afansyev though.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Still realllllllly early, but the draft class is looking very good. Egor sure looks like he is the 'should've been a 1st rounder' prospect that everyone was pumping after the draft. Tomasino looking just as good.

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
2 assists for Afanasyev tonight in his first game as a Spitfire in a 9-6 game. Came back from a 0-4 deficit.

Reactions: Michi

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Really hoping he makes it in the NHL for us.
Our history with second round Russians has not been good: Arkhipov, Glazachev, Shishkanov, Kamenev.

Got a good feeling about Afansyev though.

I hope that you are correct about Afansyev.

Shish help to win a Calder Cup. I appreciate that as an Admirals fan.

I think that the jury is still out on Kam. He would have more NHL games with Colorado if not for that broken arm last year.

I never cared for Arkhipov, even if he played 350 NHL games. BTW, Hockeydb says he was a third round pick.

I never saw Glazachev, he played for Vladivostok Admiral, not Milwaukee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->