EFL 2021/22

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
The Championship starts tonight with Bournemouth v West Brom. Both with new managers, Scott Parker at Bournemouth and Valerien Ismael at West Brom.

Fulham, West Brom, Sheffield United and Bournemouth are unsurprisingly favourites for promotion. Fulham appointed Marco Silva and Sheffield United appointed Slavisa Jokanovic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_EFL_Championship

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I don't have Promotion expectations for Portsmouth this year. First full season for the Cowleys, and it'll probably take a couple transfer windows for them to fully instill what they want and fill the holes in the squad.

That said, the window thus far has been pretty good, and I think a Top 10 finish is reasonable.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
lol billing kicked bartley in the back when bartley was lying down on the grass. got no card for it

epl have to be the most physical league in the world?

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
This game has been awesome as expected.
So nice having full stadiums again, even if at Dean Court, it ends up only being 5 people.

Reactions: robertmac43

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Parker still hasn't figured out how to set up a proper defense. Bournemouth will have the same issues Fulham did last year if he doesn't change some things. They'll score there's but give up just as many.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Sheffield United loses their first match back in the Championship, so it will be interesting to see if Marco Silva's Fulham can win to be the only relegated side to get 3 points.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Swansea has very little resemblance left compared to the team that played in the PL some years ago as they lost to Blackburn, whose manager TonyMowbray might be pushing close to 60, but still looks like a tough guy younger players not wanna mess with.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sheffield looks like they're going to have the same problems they did in the premier league, scoring goals. They dominated that game and got nothing out of it. You got to beat teams that'll be bottom table especially at home.

I liked both teams in the Swansea vs Blackburn game. If Blackburn get Dack back and that kid they had at striker can finish his chances they'll score a lot of goals. Swansea will be good after more time with Martin. They need to add some players though, could use a couple of upgrades in the midfield.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Yea, Swansea is going to take time to adapt going from Cooper to Martin.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
think that Luton might be challenging this year (and this isn't just based on the 3-0 win earlier)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
That's why players still need to dive, Chong clearly pulled Berge back after his great run, and Berge got no reward for it.

On the whole, Berge is too good to be playing in the Championship.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not EFL as such, but Derby vs Salford league cup game has seen a good number of goals. Ravel Morrisons 83rd min equalizing shot was a nice one.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Antoni Sarcevic's penalty kick for Bolton was how everyone should be taking them. I don't know if that's how he has does it everytime, but he seems pretty good with them having only missed one during his whole career.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
9 points from 9 and 3 clean sheets for Portsmouth. A couple really good transfers to solidify the midfield.

Big spenders Ipswich still without a win this season.

Still early days but I'm thrilled with how Pompey is playing under the Cowleys.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Sheffield Utd were poor without Ramsdale getting trashed 4-0 by WBA. Their Dutch keeper Verrips couldn't handle high balls much at all.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sheffield Utd were poor without Ramsdale getting trashed 4-0 by WBA. Their Dutch keeper Verrips couldn't handle high balls much at all.

No idea what's going on with them. They aren't the most talented team in the championship but they have enough to where they should be able to at least score a goal. There's no creativity, no passion and I know the coach is good but the players seem to have no direction. The squad needs a huge clear out, I honestly can't think of any player that's a must hold onto. They need to sell what they can and just survive this season and try to regroup next term.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Man is it nice to see Plough Lane with fans.

It really is...what a lovely story.

And to top it off, Wimbledon's playing their hearts out so far this season. Would love to see them have a season where they aren't fighting tooth and nail to stay up. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad