Prospect Info: Eetu Selanne

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Not a chance. I've been watching him since he was 14, he's never showed much potential imo. Honestly shocked he's made it as far as he has

Wow. That's too bad. I know his other boy scored a big ot goal recently. I wonder if he'll be any better.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Little update - Eetu is playing a lot more this season. No points yet in 2018-2019 but he works hard and is in no way a detriment to his line. He plays mostly 4th line but by Junior or Senior year he may be a decent 2nd liner. But who knows, Manson had a meteoric rise after his Sophomore year so anything is possible. (Again, I realize he isn't a prospect of ours but I imagine some people will like to keep up on Teemu's son)

y4mmbJWeF0q5iWkZqWJtwo25buUtWExV6vEZlLCTACX6VRvkjxUQsK8ervTQHb-5UnshYzxQrQVBnmGA7teVmc9lUDQHGHSaUF6mAzWI3lgKh8oeIGJXxTleZQr0nwtmLEkGfkNkXiIra0znbYRu4hR8u9A958JxrTz6ZQLQaYtYmTn-ZLNyqYWHQ4b0VD1j2JDTWwrq91IqS-bsDA9NJb7eA

Statistics | College Hockey | USCHO.com

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
I know he isn't our prospect but I figured you guys might find it interesting to follow Eetu's performance in college. Afterall, he is Anaheim royalty by association. :) Anyways, not much to report at the moment but I'll be sure to try my best to get to as many Northeastern games as possible this season and fill you guys in on how he's doing.

Eetu Selanne - Men's Ice Hockey - Northeastern University Athletics
Looks like his dad and thats where the resemblance end.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Good for him. Last time I saw him was playing against Orange Lutheran (I think it was the championship game) a few years ago. He wasn't necessarily a stand out on that team, but I always wondered how much extra pressure that poor guy had with a 25 foot picture of his dad next to the ice. I'm sure he had a target on his back too.

Reactions: TesseracT

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Eetu Selanne trying to bring game to next level at Curry College

"By doing this, I'm able to show other players and coaches and scouts that I can be a difference-maker in games."

Does he mean NHL scouts and coaches? Where exactly does he want to take his career? Because from what seems to be general knowledge about him is he isn't a very skilled hockey player.

I'm sure if you interviewed everyone playing college hockey, the vast majority would say they are hoping to earn a pro contract. Obviously the odds are stacked against a kid playing Division III hockey, but he also doesn't have to play in the NHL to make a living off the game if that's what he aspires to do.

Reactions: eternalbedhead

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm sure if you interviewed everyone playing college hockey, the vast majority would say they are hoping to earn a pro contract. Obviously the odds are stacked against a kid playing Division III hockey, but he also doesn't have to play in the NHL to make a living off the game if that's what he aspires to do.
He’s already made his living off the game through his inheritance and money that will his father has put into his bank account.

I’d keep playing if I was him too, not like he needs to consider getting a real job at any point

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
He may get a pro contract (AHL or in Finland) just based off name. I have no idea if he's good enough to play in either one, but I could see it done as a marketing thing and, in Finland, to get Teemu to come to some games.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Based on his production in College I would say he would struggle even in the ECHL. He’s could probably be a decent player in the FPHL or SPHL though.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He may get a pro contract (AHL or in Finland) just based off name. I have no idea if he's good enough to play in either one, but I could see it done as a marketing thing and, in Finland, to get Teemu to come to some games.

I very highly doubt a player has ever gone to the AHL out of DIII hockey, and a player with his production definitely would not be the first. ECHL would even likely be a major stretch

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
1 pt in 32 games at northeastern

he'll be playing silver in one of the rinks beer leagues pretty soon

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He’s already made his living off the game through his inheritance and money that will his father has put into his bank account.

I’d keep playing if I was him too, not like he needs to consider getting a real job at any point
Same story with Adam Abdul-Jabbar who lives in san clemente, doesn't need a real job.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
And the son/daughter of every single other hall of fame athlete.

I seriously doubt I’d work a day in my life if I didn’t have to

I heard Teemu's oldest son, Eemil, was working at Selanne's Steakhouse. I wonder how true that is.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
And the son/daughter of every single other hall of fame athlete.

I seriously doubt I’d work a day in my life if I didn’t have to
Unless they really have the talent to be like their dad/mom like Vlad Guerrero Jr and Josh Manson (Dave Manson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad