Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Smith has been our 4th best forward so far. I know turris plays a more important role as center but Smith has been a steady force so far. I can't remember him having a bad game. Even when he doesn't get a point he still plays good. He's tough to get of the puck he's quick and good along the boards. I was one this off-season who was wanting an upgrade at rw to take his spot. Foot in mouth because I have been pleasantly surprised with his play. Fiala not so much he has took 3 steps back

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
As I said in my last couple posts. Tolvanen could play top 9 not top 6. Put him on the third. But he’s i agree to do so when he is ready and not just because we are all dying to see him in the NHL.

I had originally said to demote Craig smith and have Eeli take his spot but I was wrong and I see that at as I mentioned already. Smith is playing really good right now.

I would just love to see a third line sometime this season of tolvanen, sissons and jarnkrok, I think they could do some damage. Leave the top six as is unless we get in a slump then shuffle.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
As I said in my last couple posts. Tolvanen could play top 9 not top 6. Put him on the third. But he’s i agree to do so when he is ready and not just because we are all dying to see him in the NHL.

I had originally said to demote Craig smith and have Eeli take his spot but I was wrong and I see that at as I mentioned already. Smith is playing really good right now.

I would just love to see a third line sometime this season of tolvanen, sissons and jarnkrok, I think they could do some damage. Leave the top six as is unless we get in a slump then shuffle.
This is a misunderstanding of the way our 3rd line is being deployed. Lavy isn't using them as a 3rd scoring line. They have far and away the most defensive zone starts of any of our forwards and are being used in the traditional 3rd line "stopper" role (and doing a fairly decent job at it). Tolvanen is completely ill-suited for anything but a top 6 role on this current squad and he's definitely not ready to contribute there yet.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So do you think the only way he sees NHL time this season is barring injury in the top six?

Whether he is tearing up the A or not, there is no room for him unless injury strikes then?

I really hope we get to see him play some games this season in the NHL.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So do you think the only way he sees NHL time this season is barring injury in the top six?

Whether he is tearing up the A or not, there is no room for him unless injury strikes then?

I really hope we get to see him play some games this season in the NHL.
Depends on how he does, though I think Fiala's spot in the top 6 is wide open at the moment. Could also see Lavy adjust the bottom 6 nearer when Watson comes back and going with a "stopper" unit as the 4th line and trying to roll more scoring out of the 3rd.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Eeli had two assists and a team leading 7 shots on goal last night against the moose. I think he may be starting to gel.... would sure love to see some goals start!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He barely had anything to do with the first assist and the second assist was set up by a great pick from the referee.

Tolvanen chose to skate at the ref, who popped off the boards, allowing Eeli to use him as a pick. The Moose bench was very unhappy. I thought it was a smart move and was surprised to see the ref do what he did. My guess is that Eeli has pulled that move before.

AF24 is correct that Tolvanen doesn't stand out at even strength, until you see the red light go on. He is kind of a sneaky darter on the ice and he can pass to a guy in traffic and get it through 2 of 3 times. I am still trying to figure out how he does that. I saw it when he played for Finland. He is like a Larry Byrd style passer. The defense doesn't expect it and the ball is suddenly in somebody'd hands by the hoop.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Tolvanen chose to skate at the ref, who popped off the boards, allowing Eeli to use him as a pick. The Moose bench was very unhappy. I thought it was a smart move and was surprised to see the ref do what he did. My guess is that Eeli has pulled that move before.

AF24 is correct that Tolvanen doesn't stand out at even strength, until you see the red light go on. He is kind of a sneaky darter on the ice and he can pass to a guy in traffic and get it through 2 of 3 times. I am still trying to figure out how he does that. I saw it when he played for Finland. He is like a Larry Byrd style passer. The defense doesn't expect it and the ball is suddenly in somebody'd hands by the hoop.

Well this sounds a lot more reassuring then. I like the sounds of him being a sneaky darter as that’s the kind of stuff that makes for very solid NHL snipers. He also probably has a fair amount of adjustment going from the KHL rink size to North American. I am confident he will be great once he gets up here full time, he is just to talented not to be.

Does anyone know how or where to stream admirals games??

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Well this sounds a lot more reassuring then. I like the sounds of him being a sneaky darter as that’s the kind of stuff that makes for very solid NHL snipers. He also probably has a fair amount of adjustment going from the KHL rink size to North American. I am confident he will be great once he gets up here full time, he is just to talented not to be.

Does anyone know how or where to stream admirals games??

https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/

Reactions: maplepred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I seehe got no points last night and was a minus 1 :(

Who’s he playing on a line with? Is he playing top six?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
1st line LW with Baptiste and Blackwell.
You would think he would be playing with a centreman like pettersson or trenin. Blackwell seems like he would be the third line centre...

If Emil has any of the skill his brother Elias has than and Eeli could potentially be lightning together! I wonder if the coach shuffled things up and gets him scoring points. Don’t know much about baptiste but is he not just a poor mans Austin Watson? Not really a scorer?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Eeli wore number 11 for us last season but I seen him wearing 68 at training camp this season?

Anyone know if he is going to use 11 or 68? Was really hoping for 11, 68 is jagrs number.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Eeli wore number 11 for us last season but I seen him wearing 68 at training camp this season?

Anyone know if he is going to use 11 or 68? Was really hoping for 11, 68 is jagrs number.
I wouldn't put too much into the 68 thing because training camp numbers are whatever.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
1 goal in 13 games down in the A. I was expecting more. How long before he adjusts? What if he doesn’t...
Then he'd become our Pulkkinen and eventually return to KHL...except that Pulkkinen actually did light it up in AHL....nevermind....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->