Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Damn. That kind of shot makes you hope he can still pull it together.

I have always believed that he would. He plays defense, he throws checks and he passes well. He has a blistering shot and good speed.

Hockey is more than just lighting the red light, although Eeli had a goal and an assist last night. It was his first 2 point night this season in 15 games.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tolvanen screened the goalie on Donovan's goal, the second one scored by Milwaukee in a 5-2 win at Laval.

That doesn't show up in the box score, but it was a very important goal, giving the Admirals a 2-0 lead on the road.

Reactions: Gh24

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Well it's an under 20 tournament and he's 20 so I suppose that makes sense.
Ah my bad lol. I thought for some reason given when his birthday was he was still eligible. There have been some players still eligible two years after their draft years. Tolvanen was drafted two years ago and will twenty this entire season.

Does anyone know the cut off date for when they can be born?

Reactions: Predsanddead24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Ah my bad lol. I thought for some reason given when his birthday was he was still eligible. There have been some players still eligible two years after their draft years. Tolvanen was drafted two years ago and will twenty this entire season.

Does anyone know the cut off date for when they can be born?

Lol yeah just messin' with ya. The age cutoff is January 1st, but apparently since the tournament runs through January 5th you can actually be 20 during the tournament provided you have a birthday between the 1st and 5th. So pretty rare to be over 20 but technically possible.

Reactions: maplepred

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Y’all realize that a lot of the rosters are selected based on the opinions of agenda related folks?

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
What is he working on exactly?

I was expecting much more offensive production. Like at least 20 pts in 24g instead of his 10 pts.

Can’t they do both? Work on basics and free him up on the offense?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tolvanen had the prettiest goal of the 7 scored by Milwaukee in game tonight!

That was the GWG and the first of 2 that Eeli scored tonight. He also had an assist.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
From recent interview: Kealty says Eeli is working very hard and his overall game is rounding out on schedule. He acknowledged that Eeli's scoring is down, but described that as "being a little snakebit". He said Eeli's got a great shot, and everyone definitely feels things will come around in that respect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->