Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Do you think that's the reason he's in the AHL?

You're splitting rhetorical hairs. I made the comment that his transition to the NHL wouldnt be as easy as people like you were saying and you lambasted me for it.

If you're going to try to now claim you knew all along he wasnt NHL ready, then you're being deliberately disingenuous. You were his #1 tire pumper here last year

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
You're splitting rhetorical hairs. I made the comment that his transition to the NHL wouldnt be as easy as people like you were saying and you lambasted me for it.

If you're going to try to now claim you knew all along he wasnt NHL ready, then you're being deliberately disingenuous. You were his #1 tire pumper here last year
I thought he was ready for NHL. What i don't understand is the point behind these posts of yours.... except if they're some sort of "HAHA, TOLD YOU SO" -thing.

I lambasted you for saying that those kind of plays do not happen in the NHL, because you were 110% wrong. What the f*** are you on about? You're trying to paint this as something very different than what we discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I thought he was ready for NHL. What i don't understand is the point behind these posts of yours.... except if they're some sort of "HAHA, TOLD YOU SO" -thing.

I lambasted you for saying that those kind of plays do not happen in the NHL, because you were 110% wrong. What the **** are you on about? You're trying to paint this as something very different than what we discussed.

All I'm doing is recounting facts. I said tolvanen wouldnt be able to just sit open at the circle and fire one timers like he was doing in the KHL. You went on quite a diatribe telling me how wrong I was.

So yeah, I'm saying I told you so, because you were so damn annoying/preachy about it

Plus, you're a Jets fan... so..

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
All I'm doing is recounting facts. I said tolvanen wouldnt be able to just sit open at the circle and fire one timers like he was doing in the KHL. You went on quite a diatribe telling me how wrong I was.

So yeah, I'm saying I told you so, because you were so damn annoying/preachy about it
You said: Passes like that do not happen in the NHL
After that i posted a pass like that happening in the NHL literally the same day.

That's all that happened, all that was said and you were wrong and still are. Nothing more, nothing less. There are many players in the NHL who can just sit and wait for the onetimer on PP.

Tolvanen is in the AHL because he is not strong enough and not fast enough (physically and mentally). Not because he can't wait for a onetimer.

I hope you remember these messages once he pots his first NHL onetimer from his spot.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
You said: Passes like that do not happen in the NHL
After that i posted a pass like that happening in the NHL literally the same day.

That's all that happened, all that was said and you were wrong and still are. Nothing more, nothing less. There are many players in the NHL who can just sit and wait for the onetimer on PP.

Tolvanen is in the AHL because he is not strong enough and not fast enough (physically and mentally). Not because he can't wait for a onetimer.

I hope you remember these messages once he pots his first NHL onetimer from his spot.

Oh blah. You're again splitting rhetorical hairs. I never said he would never get a one timer and its colossally silly of you to imply that is what I meant.

Fact is, you were more than happy to argue with anyone who suggested Tolvanen wasnt ready to step into the NHL. You been proven wrong even though we would all have preferred you be right. Just own it and move on. Or better yet head back to the Jets board...

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Oh blah. You're again splitting rhetorical hairs. I never said he would never get a one timer and its colossally silly of you to imply that is what I meant.

Fact is, you were more than happy to argue with anyone who suggested Tolvanen wasnt ready to step into the NHL. You been proven wrong even though we would all have preferred you be right. Just own it and move on. Or better yet head back to the Jets board...
That play was literally all we talked about.... I already said that i thought he was ready for NHL (could still be, on a different team). You never offered any points of view besides the stupid argument about whether a play like that could happen in the NHL or not, so I'm not sure why you're painting yourself as some sort of a winner here. I only tried to keep people up with Tolvanen and gave my views. My view isn't some holy truth.

I'm a fan of many teams, not just the Jets :)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
What you wrote the first time is an odd way of conveying what you intended to write.
I think his whole schtick is to troll all the Finn fans who have spent the last year hyping Tolvanen. At least, he shows up in nearly every thread mentioning Eeli to slag him. In fairness, the Finn hype train definitely needed to be dialed down a couple..hundred...notches.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
The 2nd thread this week that I literally shook my head at while reading the OP.

I listened to the last admirals games. If you can listen to the majority of the game and still have questions about what line a player is on...well, that's probably not a good indication of their play around the puck. He needs time. If he won't take the hint that he's not even getting top PP minutes in Milwaukee then I am not sure what else can be said to him. I don't think he has been 'bad'. I think he's just 'there' right now. Figuring things out, working out, and getting acclimated, that should be his priority. Hopefully he stays patient and hungry to succeed.

Good insight but I do not understand why you shook your head at my OP?

I do not get to see Milwaukee games ever, but I see every Preds game. So I, and probably lots of others on this board, do not know how he is going other than just seeing his stats on paper. My concerns about him going back to Russia are legit as well as he has that option and played there last season with great success. I do not know Eeli personally and do not know if he has good or bad character about this kind of thing. He obviously wants to be in the NHL and not the A. Hopefully he just knows it’s for his own good and will stay put and get better and better. Plus Rinaldo stinks and I could care less about him being in the lineup. No need to shake your head.

Reactions: Tex76

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
ok ok, Rinaldo is playing decently. But we all know that will not keep up. He is a bum, everyone was upset when we signed him and said we could tolerate him until Watson is back. He is not a keeper thats for sure.

Also, Admiralsfan24:
It would not be some other fourth line bum if we got rid of Rinaldo and added Eeli.

Top 9 would be:
Jofa, Fiala, Turris, Smith, Jarnkrok, Sissons, and Tolvanen

fourth line would be damn good IMO with Bonino centering Hartman and Salomaki.

I just mean we do not need to keep Rinaldo up if it meant losing Tolvanen to the KHL.

Reactions: Tex76

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
ok ok, Rinaldo is playing decently. But we all know that will not keep up. He is a bum, everyone was upset when we signed him and said we could tolerate him until Watson is back. He is not a keeper thats for sure.

Also, Admiralsfan24:
It would not be some other fourth line bum if we got rid of Rinaldo and added Eeli.

Top 9 would be:

I just mean we do not need to keep Rinaldo up if it meant losing Tolvanen to the KHL.
If Rinaldo is replaced it will be for someone to play on the 4th line and that ain't Tolvanen. Lavi has shown he isn't going to screw with the top two lines so the kid will be in the AHL unless someone in the top 6 gets hurt or if they decide they want to try him on the third line for some reason. It's time to deal with the fact that Tolvanen is either going to be in the AHL or the KHL.

If he's got a brain in his head he stays in the AHL than for no other reason than to burn that ELC.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

Also, Admiralsfan24:

Top 9 would be:

If Tolvanen isnt ready for the NHL then keeping him up and playing him when hes not ready is likely worse than letting him return to the KHL for another season.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Good insight but I do not understand why you shook your head at my OP?

I do not get to see Milwaukee games ever, but I see every Preds game. So I, and probably lots of others on this board, do not know how he is going other than just seeing his stats on paper. My concerns about him going back to Russia are legit as well as he has that option and played there last season with great success. I do not know Eeli personally and do not know if he has good or bad character about this kind of thing. He obviously wants to be in the NHL and not the A. Hopefully he just knows it’s for his own good and will stay put and get better and better. Plus Rinaldo stinks and I could care less about him being in the lineup. No need to shake your head.

I have seen one Ads game in person so far. The offense was out of sync, but they scored 5 goals against Hershey. Eeli had one nice goal. Once he and his teammates get it together, they will pile up some offensive numbers. They still looked new to each other on the 13th. He is a rookie!

BTW, a 4 game home stand is coming up Tuesday until Tuesday the 30th.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If Rinaldo is replaced it will be for someone to play on the 4th line and that ain't Tolvanen. Lavi has shown he isn't going to screw with the top two lines so the kid will be in the AHL unless someone in the top 6 gets hurt or if they decide they want to try him on the third line for some reason. It's time to deal with the fact that Tolvanen is either going to be in the AHL or the KHL.

If he's got a brain in his head he stays in the AHL than for no other reason than to burn that ELC.

As I said above, If Tolvanen came up and Rinaldo went down, you would still let the top two lines be, Tolvanen could play with Jarnkrok and Sissons on third line and the fourth would be Bonino centering Hartman and Salomaki. Which is a very good fourth line/bottom six. Just because Rinaldo went down would not mean a bottom line guy needs to come up, we have so much depth we can do stuff like this. Just my two cents..

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
As I said above, If Tolvanen came up and Rinaldo went down, you would still let the top two lines be, Tolvanen could play with Jarnkrok and Sissons on third line and the fourth would be Bonino centering Hartman and Salomaki. Which is a very good fourth line/bottom six. Just because Rinaldo went down would not mean a bottom line guy needs to come up, we have so much depth we can do stuff like this. Just my two cents..
But what's the point? He ain't exactly tearing the AHL up at this point so let him stay there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad