Signing(s): Edwin Encarnacion signs with the White Sox (1 year, $12 million)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Very , Very happy with this and how the Sox lineup is coming along

C - Yasmani Grandal
1B - Jose Abreu
2B - Nick Madrigal (R)
3B - Yoan Moncada
SS - Tim Anderson
LF - Eloy Jimenez
CF - Luis Robert (R)
RF - Nomar Mazara
DH - Edwin Encarnacion

Likely Reserves ( Or some mix of these guys)
CF - Adam Engel
C - James McCann (Could be trade chip with Collins around to be potential backup C)
IF/OF - Leury Garcia
2B Danny Mendick
IF - Chestor Cuthbert

Rotation
RHP Lucas Giolito
LHP Dallas Kuechel
LHP Gio Gonzalez
RHP Reynaldo Lopez
RHP Dylan Cease

RHP Michael Kopech + LHP Carlos Rodon in mix once healthy

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
still not sure why they'd go with grandal over mccann

did they not watch mccann hit last season?

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
The AL Central seems to be wide open, at least unless Minnesota miraculously bolsters its depleted rotation. Even if Keuchel outperforms his projections, starting pitching may become the main White Sox' weakness.

Gruß,
BSHH

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I love Eddy as he’s an all-time Blue Jay great power hitter but the dude looked like a corpse at the plate in the playoffs last year. I hope he bounces back for Chicago. Guy is 86 him runs away from 500. Guy has hit at least 32 bombs each of the last 8 years. If he can stick around in the league for 4 more years he could hit 500 and that would be amazing.

The white Sox position players seek to be set. Pitching will be the key this year but if all goes right they could be in playoff contention

Buzz Gunderson

Jan 2, 2020
I love Eddy as he’s an all-time Blue Jay great power hitter but the dude looked like a corpse at the plate in the playoffs last year. I hope he bounces back for Chicago. Guy is 86 him runs away from 500. Guy has hit at least 32 bombs each of the last 8 years. If he can stick around in the league for 4 more years he could hit 500 and that would be amazing.

The white Sox position players seek to be set. Pitching will be the key this year but if all goes right they could be in playoff contention
Four more years? He will be lucky to hit 25 bombs and bat .240. He’s baked at this point. I’m glad the Yankees cut him loose.

I like Edwing but after this year he needs to retire.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Four more years? He will be lucky to hit 25 bombs and bat .240. He’s baked at this point. I’m glad the Yankees cut him loose.

I like Edwing but after this year he needs to retire.

I mean, I fully admitted he looked like a corpse in the playoffs this year but his regular season production as still there. I’m skeptical about him past this year but you never know. The guy is a professional hitter, maybe he’ll need to reinvent himself a bit to keep going but he’s a pretty grip it and rip it type guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->