ED's EHM Simulator League (Temporary League) (Spots still open!)

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Hey everyone,

Bored with no hockey on, and I've found myself with some free time, so wanted to make a side fantasy league that's fairly temporary. Don't plan on running this league for years and years, but while hockey might not come back for a while, it might be fun to do something like this.

ED's EHM League is a simulator league that will feature GM's taking control of current IRL teams in the game Eastside Hockey Manager. While each player will be a GM of the team, they will be able to control their team via trades, signings, draft, etc. The teams will be simulated by myself in-game, where I will simulate 2-3 weeks each real life day. I may stream some of these simulations if people are interested, so they may make real time trades and decisions while I'm simulating.

The goal of the league is for a fun, more relaxed take on in depth fantasy hockey. I don't want to get super into convoluted rules or complex situations, so I'm making some tentative rules based on feedback I had from a survey I originally made when thinking up the league.

1. Team selection isn't nailed down 100% yet, but teams will be given out to teams in a random order (ie. May be randomly assigned or may choose a random order of selection for GM's to select their teams)(No fantasy draft since that would take forever)
2. The simulation won't be extremely long term, but will more than likely last multiple seasons at least. However, I don't have plans on making it permanent. It may last a month and go for a few seasons, or it could last all summer and go until the 2020-2021 NHL season begins. It's a temporary league while hockey isn't available and other fantasy leagues are on hold.
3. Players will have contract restrictions if they're included in their contracts. EHM allows for no-trade contracts. If a trade is made between GM's, the trade will try to be put through in EHM, but if the player rejects it, then the trade will be rejected.
4. Minor decisions needing to be made in EHM will be done by myself for each team (Ie. Minor finance decisions, personnel changes, etc.) If major decisions need to be made (ie. Coach leaves, team is over the cap) then the GM will be consulted on what they'd like to do in the next simulation period.
5. GM's will be allowed to make trades with other GM's, sign FA's, draft players in the draft (Only top round since league will not be long term) However, decisions like personnel, scouts, etc will be auto-simulated so it is more relaxed and easier to sim. GM's will be allowed to see their lineups if they ask and ask me to switch them around (I'm fine with that once in a while, but will not be doing it excessively as it will take time)

I'm sure there may be some other rules I may be missing, but we will come up with more of them as we go along. If you're interested, let me know here. The list of all GM's signed up will be below (Maximum 31 teams) If we don't meet the maximum teams, then the remaining teams will be controlled by me or a CPU until more GM's enter (GM's can join mid-sim).

I'm planning on setting the league up this week and having it ready by next weekend, May 2nd. We'd love to get as many teams as possible for this league and make it a fun summer league during quarantine. If it was successful, I may look into making it longer term, but currently I don't have plans for it at the moment.

All trade talks, discussion, stream, results, etc. will be on a Discord server, which you can join if interested. (Current Work in Progress but good starting point as we set league up) Send me a message and I can send you a link to join the discord server!

Please confirm via PM or post in thread if you'd like to join and I'll add your name to the list!

GM's (20/31)
Elusive Derpasaurus
Dabeast
Weylspin
Paneerboy
Maticus
Donut
Tryamkin
Lax
Vanilla
ATypicalCanadian
Wush
Ahmon
Action/AV
King Angus
OELForNorris
Cake
Dyldude
JayBeagleFanAccount
Joey Moss
Francis246

Last edited:
Reactions: Weylspin

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Welcome aboard!

League nearly half full, lots of open spots for those still looking to join. Still developing rules and ideas so if this sounds interesting please feel free to join our discord and come share ideas to help develop it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->