Confirmed with Link: Edmundson signed at $3 million for 1 year

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
@Alklha

Thank you m8 for clarification.

Who are defenseman which we need to protect? Pietro, Parayko, Edmundson are easy

Does these guys need protection? Dunn, Mikkola, Walman, Schmaltz`?

What about Husso if he plays this year at NHL level too?
Dunn, Walman, Schmaltz and Husso would be eligible for the next expansion draft. Mikkola is the only one who would be exempt.

We'll certainly protect Dunn, and I'd expect that we'll protect Husso as well.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
The options were 7-3-1 or 8 skaters and a goalie in the expansion protection options with the Vegas expansion.

So, I believe that the only way we're losing a forward of consequence if Army takes the 7-3-1 route, is a trade offer to not select Edmundson if he's left exposed.

Otherwise I agree either Kostin or Fabbri will be selected should we protect the 8 skaters.

7-3-1 protection list of forwards
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Schenn
Bozak - Modified NTC 10 team no trade
Perron - Modified NTC 5 team no trade
Steen - NTC

Fabbri/Kostin as #7

I'm not sure how the modified NTCs work, if they must be protected or agree to waive it for the expansion.

The other potential wrinkle is Maroon was given a modified NTC on his 1 year deal, if rumours of the 4 year extension are true is he given a NTC to factor in also?

NTCs don't have to be protected, only full NMCs.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Dunn, Walman, Schmaltz and Husso would be eligible for the next expansion draft. Mikkola is the only one who would be exempt.

We'll certainly protect Dunn, and I'd expect that we'll protect Husso as well.

Hmm, shouldn't we go 7+3+1 then go 8+1`? I mean shouldn't it be ideal to protect Pietro, Parayko, Edmundson and release Dunn? Or can we protect needed players in 8 players + goaltender?

You saying we should protect Husso instead of Allen?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Hmm, shouldn't we go 7+3+1 then go 8+1`? I mean shouldn't it be ideal to protect Pietro, Parayko, Edmundson and release Dunn? Or can we protect needed players in 8 players + goaltender?

You saying we should protect Husso instead of Allen?
Protecting 8+1 makes more sense, at least with how our roster currently looks. Seattle can only take one player, whether we protect 8+1 or 7+3+1, so the focus is on working it so we give the least valuable piece possible.

Also, it should be much easier to work out a deal to prevent Seattle taking an exposed forward than it would be for a defenseman.

When it comes to Husso or Allen, who we protect will be down to how much Allen improves in the next 2 years. If he is still wildly inconsistent then there is no chance we'll protect him.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
A lot can change between now and the Seattle expansion draft but agree with others that 8+1 may actually be the way to go over 7+3+1. Basically, it’ll come down to who the Blues value more - their 4th best eligible d-man or their 5th best eligible forward.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Edmundson was on the Spittin Chiclets podcast with Bissonnette and Ryan Whitney and had some funny stories about Hitchcock. Basically the vets like Steen, Ott, Brouwer would constantly chirp Hitch and tell him to shut the f*** up when he would yell at them. And Edmundson was just sitting there shocked as a rookie because he was just trying to make the team.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Edmundson was on the Spittin Chiclets podcast with Bissonnette and Ryan Whitney and had some funny stories about Hitchcock. Basically the vets like Steen, Ott, Brouwer would constantly chirp Hitch and tell him to shut the **** up when he would yell at them. And Edmundson was just sitting there shocked as a rookie because he was just trying to make the team.
That was a really good interview, I liked the Bouw stuff too. Never listened to that podcast (tend to stay away from Barstool), but Biznasty is a good interviewer.

Reactions: BlueDream

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
That was a really good interview, I liked the Bouw stuff too. Never listened to that podcast (tend to stay away from Barstool), but Biznasty is a good interviewer.

Barstool is a cesspool but Spittin Chilets and PMT are about as good as I’ve found in sports podcasts (if you’re not looking for hard hitting analysis.) The rest of the company can rot though.

Reactions: BlueDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad