Edmundson fined $1000 for dangerous trip on Tavares

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
This slew of random fines is to prove how on top of everything Parros and the league are. How professional of them
*insert clown emojis

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
These are some weak fines considering Ive seen worse trips in Edmondson's case. Im not sure about the other fines but I have no faith in the league to make sensible disciplinary decisions.

I have no faith in the department of player “safety” either. I don’t know why they don’t have videos where they explain why a player was fined a certain amount or suspended.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You guys sound shocked. If a superstar Leaf or Oiler get touched, its an automatic fine of suspension, you should know this by now.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
And I’m sure Edmundson/Habs don’t care, but this fine shows how much of a bush league joke the NHL truly is. I’m actually embarrassed for them. Just. Embarrassing.

As long as we have professional league run by Americans who largely consider hockey a fringe sport akin to pro wrestling, then they'll continue to be bush league. I find it so ironic that only Canada lacks a domestically run league of its own as every other hockey power nations have. This is not your grandpa's traditional NHL with Clarence Campbell (for better or worse) running things. Currently, for the past 28 years (which also happens to coincide with the last time a Canadian team won the cup), it's an American lawyer from New York who obviously cares little about hockey and its integrity other than the bottom line. I know it's far easier said than done to have a Canadian pro league, but I wish people would at least think about this situation and new possibilities.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
279155.jpg

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
So McDavid who sucker punches unsuspecting players completely out of play and uses his stick as a weapon gets nothing right? F U Parros and Campbell. Leafs already whining to NHL to get them prepped for our playoff series and trying to get us off our game. Bunch of spineless weasels.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
DOPS has always been confusing and inconsistent, but it feels like they have reached new highs in that regard this year.

No point trying to break this play down and make sense of the ruling, because the standard is a moving target.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
This is an actual joke. Like make it more obvious that you’re upset the Habs didn’t give you a job Georgy boy

Reactions: overlords

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Fists were not involved so someone had to be punished. The goal is to have big punchy guys beating up smaller hockey playing guys. OK, maybe some big hits from big guys on little guys, but that may lead to punching, too. Anything from a little guy on a big guy will be punished, can't have that. Any activity may be dangerous except for a huge, violent guy punching smaller, less violent guys, punching is a totally safe activity, in fact Parros would have had one fewer concussion had he succeeded in punching instead of falling on his head.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
So McDavid who sucker punches unsuspecting players completely out of play and uses his stick as a weapon gets nothing right? F U Parros and Campbell. Leafs already whining to NHL to get them prepped for our playoff series and trying to get us off our game. Bunch of spineless weasels.
Campbell is a joke and a p.o.s no second guessing there,Parros is just another pathetic puppet filling that useless position he's in.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad