Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton visiting Buffalo, voted a worse city to visit by players than ours

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We finished 4th behind Winnipeg, Buffalo and Ottawa. Oddly enough Carolina was 5th. I guess NHL players don't like barbecue and Nascar very much. I went outside just now and said, nope I wouldn't want to visit here either....too damn cold.

The 2019 NHL Poll: Best player? Most overrated? Players... (Paywall, but the Athletic is worth it other than Jonathan Willis who is brutal)

Anyways, a win tomorrow and its a successful roadie. We play the way we have other than in Toronto, and we have a good shot vs a Buffalo team that is pretty much dead in the water as well. Must win for both teams.

Koskinen needs to have a good game, some decent offensive talent on the other team, and we have to stay out of the penalty box. Currie, Cave, Gagner, Chaisson, Rattie are scoring, my thoughts are one or two of them pop another as they are playing with confidence. Will Reider or Lucic score? (doubt it) Count on the usual 2 goals by either 97/29 and one chipped in by the defence and we take this one away 4-1.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
BTW the players overwhelmingly chose PK Subban as the most overrated for those that can't read the article and Crosby as the best all around player in the game. Barkov as the most underrated and Price as the best clutch goalie. Vegas as the best city to visit, go figure...home record for Vegas is insane because the players are hung over lol, and Vegas with the best fans as well, with Florida as the worst fans and being to both arenas I agree with that!

Hitchcock voted 2nd behind Torts as the coach players least wanted to play for.....fwiw.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Right, so let's see then... The Oilers have or represent:

-- The 4th-worst NHL city to visit

-- The coldest NHL city to live in

-- The 2nd most disliked coach for NHL players

-- The worst record of the past 13 years

BRING IT ON!!!

tenor.gif

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Skar

Jul 2, 2016

-- The 2nd most disliked coach for NHL players

-- The worst record of the past 13 years

BRING IT ON!!!

tenor.gif

We have... a McDAVID! :thumbu:

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009

2nd coldest. Assuming we're only talking winter temps, Winnipeg is clearly colder. :naughty:

Reactions: MikeYEG

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
2nd coldest. Assuming we're only talking winter temps, Winnipeg is clearly colder. :naughty:

Having lived in Winnipeg for 3 years I can confirm that the winters are indeed colder.
That said the summers and the lakes are much better than what Edmonton has. :nod:

The beautiful sand beaches along Lake Winnipeg (a reality only known to the locals) are better than anything I have seen in Canada.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Having lived in Winnipeg for 3 years I can confirm that the winters are indeed colder.
That said the summers and the lakes are much better than what Edmonton has. :nod:

The beautiful sand beaches along Lake Winnipeg (a reality only known to the locals) are better than anything I have seen in Canada.

It's true. I also spent parts of 4 years in Winnipeg, and Manitoba summers and the lake country are gorgeous. February on the other hand - not so much.

MikeYEG

Feb 7, 2019

It's true. I also spent parts of 4 years in Winnipeg, and Manitoba summers and the lake country are gorgeous. February on the other hand - not so much.
Agreed with both, I also spent some years living there and the summers are gorgeous, used to go to a cabin in Belair near Grand Beach, loved the place. I like Edmonton summers too though, and the Rockies aren't so far, and despite being to other very nice places in the world, I still have to see a more beautiful place than the Rocky Mountains. :)

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Going to the game tonight. Haven't been to Buffalo for a game in 2 decades, is there anything I should be looking for. Taking the family. Good parking, eating, what have you.

Got seats in section 111 if anyone else from here is going

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
No love for Hitch. Seems the players dont want to play for the old school coaches. No surprise there.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Clearly you have never spent time at Georgian Bay or the BC south-coast... o_O

I have spent a ton of time all over Southern BC...only driven through Georgian Bay.

Both beautiful areas but in terms of the sand....I have yet to see 15 foot sand dunes of fine white sand like Grand beach. Blew me away the first time I saw that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have watched the Oilers play in Buffalo as well. It was years ago...back when they were playing in the old Auditorium. Interesting experience.
The downtown wasnt much to look at but it was hopping before the game. Easy to find a bar and ate some great Buffalo wings and had a few beers. Apparently they have fixed things up quite a bit since the 90's when I was there.
As for the game...the Oilers were losing 1-0 going into the 3rd period and then Jason Arnott scored to tie the game. My buddy and I jumped up to celebrate the goal and as we were clapping we looked around and we were the only 2 people in the arena standing up and cheering. :D

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
Idk man, I think vancouver would be the crappiest place to play. Super expensive, I'm willing to bet most players can't even afford a home there. A media as bad as any other market, fans always throwing players under the bus, no legacy of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->