Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Obviously Marner is the better player and younger but... Its kind of funny that Leafs fans say a quick no thanks. The picks are very valuable to either team. Edmonton giving up picks and bringing back more salary is never going to happen.

This deal is worse for Edmonton than the Leafs. I have a feeling the Leafs management would do this trade in a heartbeat if there cap situation is as bad as I think it will be.

So if the Leafs are in a bad cap situation they jump all over a 3C making 6 million?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Obviously Marner is the better player and younger but... Its kind of funny that Leafs fans say a quick no thanks. The picks are very valuable to either team. Edmonton giving up picks and bringing back more salary is never going to happen.

This deal is worse for Edmonton than the Leafs. I have a feeling the Leafs management would do this trade in a heartbeat if there cap situation is as bad as I think it will be.

Those picks aren't close to balancing off RNH's terrible contract, especially when the Leaf's have a bunch of tough contracts coming up.

If the Oilers want to move Nuge they're going to have to eat salary or take a poor contract back. As long as RNH is a straight 6 million I can't see too many teams having an interest in him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

That Oilers Cap situation looks pretty bad TBH. Here take a 1st round pick and Matt Martin and we'll take Puljujarvi off your hands so he doesn't add to the cap issues in 3 years.

This is how your post reads.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Nudge gets paid like 4.5+ more than Marner for the next 2 seasons.... In what world does this help their cap situation? They have enough players coming off the books in the next 2 years to sign the big 3 without too much trouble. They aren't trading Marner for a very late 1st+2nd and a completely un-needed player. Get real

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Move a 24 year old that has a career high 56 pts for a 20 year old that had 61pts as a 19 year old rookie...lose a late 1st and 2nd but gain oodles of cap space for the next 2 years

How does trading a top line winger on an ELC for a fringe 2C making 6M help the cap sitution?

terrible deal for the leafs, even most oilers fans agree.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Want Draisaitl? Start with adding Matthews to Marner.

alright, toss in mcdavid then.

seriously though. draisaitl isnt even close to as good as matthews. to suggest Matthews + marner for leon is downright silly.

44g/74pts combined reg. season/playoffs
Leon put up 2g/9pts at the same age

Auston>>>Leon

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto

seriously though. draisaitl isnt even close to as good as matthews. to suggest Matthews + marner for leon is downright silly.

Auston>>>Leon

Yep, Matthews put up similar points playing with Brown + Hymen for a large chunk of the season. Imagine him with Matthews --> Hence if they switched teams this wouldn't be even close. Not even mentioning Matthews is a full 2 years younger.. I don't think any sane poster would be arguing this.

It's about as dumb as trying to say Matthews is better than Mcdavid

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Nice sales job . I don't think the TML fans are buying it . Even if you believe what you are saying Edmonton makes the deal then trades Marner for a much higher return .

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta

Auston>>>Leon

Leon is closer to mathews than mathews is to mcdavid.

Mathews>Leon

Mcdavid>>>Mathews

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leon is closer to mathews than mathews is to mcdavid.

Mathews>Leon

Mcdavid>>>Mathews

Draisaitl is 2 years older, Mcdavid is a year older

19 year old Matthews >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>19 year old Drai

lets see what he does in the next 2 years. im guessing he has accomplished a lot more than drai has at the same age, although you could already make that case (calder, 4g game, nhl record, 1st 40g rookie in a decade, multiple leafs records, most goals as a teenaged rookie in 30+ years)

you are aware your fellow oilers fan wanted matthews + marner for draisaitl correct?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
With the Draisaitl signing today it's very likely that RNH will be on the move. So how about a trade benefiting both these teams.

Toronto

RHN
1st 2018
2nd 2018

Edmonton

Marner

RNH needs a change of scenery and I can bet he could easily be a sold 60+ point player under Babcock and Toronto also gains good picks in a deep draft. For Edmonton it's a no brainer, Marner would be magical on the McDavid's wing.

Just a hard no

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton

lets see what he does in the next 2 years. im guessing he has accomplished a lot more than drai has at the same age, although you could already make that case (calder, 4g game, nhl record, 1st 40g rookie in a decade, multiple leafs records, most goals as a teenaged rookie in 30+ years)

you are aware your fellow oilers fan wanted matthews + marner for draisaitl correct?

Actually I would not want that. I'd rather keep Leon.

maplejays62

Dec 19, 2008
With the Draisaitl signing today it's very likely that RNH will be on the move. So how about a trade benefiting both these teams.

Toronto

RHN
1st 2018
2nd 2018

Edmonton

Marner

RNH needs a change of scenery and I can bet he could easily be a sold 60+ point player under Babcock and Toronto also gains good picks in a deep draft. For Edmonton it's a no brainer, Marner would be magical on the McDavid's wing.

The Leafs don't need a 6 million dollar 4th line center after Mathews, Kadri and eventually Nylander especially at the cost of there best winger

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
As an Oiler fan who likes RNH the TML take it hard on this one , Are we buying dinner and providing the lube as well ? Do they get a kiss ?

Just terrible . No thought put into this at all .

Sorry TML fans you had to read this . That is 20 seconds of your life gone that you can never get back

Thank you for a reasonable reply. Obviously terrible proposal.

Sadly some on here think the best reply is an equally stupid offer the other way, and turned this thread into exactly what the OP wanted: a fight

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

Can you just not? What do you think this accomplished? You're just feeding the bad blood which makes it more difficult for civilized discussions.

Obviously the OP is horrendous. Oilers fans know it, and didn't make the thread.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Toronto

RHN
1st 2018
2nd 2018

Edmonton

Marner

Really bad, nice job.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Leafs fans proposed trades like this for years to other teams fans. Offering way worse players that the other teams don't need, plus some picks, for their star players.

So now Leafs fans shouldn't complain that it's happening back.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Toronto

RHN
1st 2018
2nd 2018

Edmonton

Marner

Haha, that's not even remotely enticing from the Leafs standpoint.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
So we are trading RNH, a 1st and a 2nd for Toronto's Love Child? Toronto hard passes that and Edmonton probably can do without Marner as we have our guy in Puljujarvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad