Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
RNH is a cap dump at this point. When the Oilers move him they won't get value for him.

Leafs don't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Come on the leafs don't need RNH we are set down the middle but a cap dump really bro thats just being spiteful . hes a solid 2C

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
With the Draisaitl signing today it's very likely that RNH will be on the move. So how about a trade benefiting both these teams.

Toronto

RHN
1st 2018
2nd 2018

Edmonton

Marner

RNH needs a change of scenery and I can bet he could easily be a sold 60+ point player under Babcock and Toronto also gains good picks in a deep draft. For Edmonton it's a no brainer, Marner would be magical on the McDavid's wing.

I will politely say this....the Leafs are pretty much the last team to be offering a 6 million under performing center to.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this is a terrible proposal. throw in puljujarvi and i still dont think the leafs do it.

essentially the equivalent of Bozak + 1st + 2nd for Draisaitl

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
marner is only getting traded if the leafs get a lw or top 4 dman back

stop acting like you know what the leafs need.

why on earth would they deal marner for a lw?

Marleau
JVR
Komarov
Hyman
Martin
Leivo
Rychel

those are guys who play LW on our team

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Why would we trade one of our young talents for a bust... Smh..

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
stop acting like you know what the leafs need.

why on earth would they deal marner for a lw?

Marleau
JVR
Komarov
Hyman
Martin
Leivo
Rychel

those are guys who play LW on our team

Who are we kidding that LW is terrible in a couple of years lmfao

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
doesnt mean we move marner for a lw

if willie moves to C our RW depth would then look like this

Brown
Kapanen
Hyman?
Bracco

Oh hell no. Not trading Marner period.

I was just saying our LW is actually looking pretty bad in a couple of years with an old Marleau, especially if JVR leaves.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Oiler fan here. Awful proposal for Toronto.

If RNH gets traded it will be something similar to the Eberle trade IMO.

Another youngish guy who hasn't lived up to his potential who makes less money.

If the Oilers could get Marner for RNH it would be a lot more than just a 1st and 2nd IMO and I am not even sold on Marner yet but he has considerably more value.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
With the Draisaitl signing today it's very likely that RNH will be on the move. So how about a trade benefiting both these teams.

Toronto

RHN
1st 2018
2nd 2018

Edmonton

Marner

RNH needs a change of scenery and I can bet he could easily be a sold 60+ point player under Babcock and Toronto also gains good picks in a deep draft. For Edmonton it's a no brainer, Marner would be magical on the McDavid's wing.

As an Oiler fan who likes RNH the TML take it hard on this one , Are we buying dinner and providing the lube as well ? Do they get a kiss ?

Just terrible . No thought put into this at all .

Sorry TML fans you had to read this . That is 20 seconds of your life gone that you can never get back

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Obviously Marner is the better player and younger but... Its kind of funny that Leafs fans say a quick no thanks. The picks are very valuable to either team. Edmonton giving up picks and bringing back more salary is never going to happen.

This deal is worse for Edmonton than the Leafs. I have a feeling the Leafs management would do this trade in a heartbeat if there cap situation is as bad as I think it will be.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Obviously Marner is the better player and younger but... Its kind of funny that Leafs fans say a quick no thanks. The picks are very valuable to either team. Edmonton giving up picks and bringing back more salary is never going to happen.

This deal is worse for Edmonton than the Leafs. I have a feeling the Leafs management would do this trade in a heartbeat if there cap situation is as bad as I think it will be.

what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad