Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
With the Draisaitl signing today it's very likely that RNH will be on the move. So how about a trade benefiting both these teams.

Toronto

RHN
1st 2018
2nd 2018

Edmonton

Marner

RNH needs a change of scenery and I can bet he could easily be a sold 60+ point player under Babcock and Toronto also gains good picks in a deep draft. For Edmonton it's a no brainer, Marner would be magical on the McDavid's wing.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There's no way in hell Toronto does that.

They have Matthews, Bozak, Kadri and eventually Nylander at C and don't need RNH at $6M. A (presumably) late 1st and 2nd doesn't change that.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Ok firstly Toronto tells you to stick it where the sun dont shine.

Secondly, Edmonton will need to trade Nuge for less expensive assets, Marner will become more expensive very shortly. Edmonton needs to keep those 1st rounders to have ELC/bridge players off balance the cap hits to Leon and Connor. Digging the grave deeper by getting Marner.

Marner is worth way more than this anyway.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
RNH is a cap dump at this point. When the Oilers move him they won't get value for him.

Leafs don't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Eww no. That's awful for Toronto.

Want Marner? Start with Draisital.

Oh wait he signed for how much?

Nevermind.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Eww no. That's awful for Toronto.

Want Marner? Start with Draisital.

Oh wait he signed for how much?

Nevermind.

Edmonton would never trade Drai for Marner straight up, let alone 'start with'.

That said OP is pretty bad for Toronto. Doesn't save Edmonton any money either as Marner is likely getting in the 7 mil range.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Edmonton would never trade Drai for Marner straight up, let alone 'start with'.

That said OP is pretty bad for Toronto. Doesn't save Edmonton any money either as Marner is likely getting in the 7 mil range.

Leon Draisital: first 2 seasons, 60 points, 110 games.

Mitch Marner: first season, 61 points, 71 games.

Nuff said?

Doesn't save any money????
I'm not sure that you realize how valuable 1.5 million is in a cap era. Especially the way Edmonton's (over)spending is going.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Leon Draisital: first 2 seasons, 60 points, 110 games.

Mitch Marner: first season, 61 points, 71 games.

Nuff said?

Doesn't save any money????
I'm not sure that you realize how valuable 1.5 million is in a cap era. Especially the way Edmonton's (over)spending is going.

Big centre vs slightly built winger. I'd take Drai every time.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Because those two are comparable to Drai and Yamamoto... :laugh:

This comparison would be apt if Gauthier had 15-20% more points than Yamamoto last season.

Well you sort of screwed up the comparison in the first place since Drai was a winger last year, but your only qualifier was that you take the big center over the small winger every time.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well you sort of screwed up the comparison in the first place since Drai was a winger last year, but your only qualifier was that you take the big center over the small winger every time.

He actually wasn't always a winger last year. He played C about half the time as well - which is what makes him so valuable to us.

I don't want this to come across that I hate Marner - I don't. He's a hell of a talent. I just prefer Draisaitl - particularly in the West, we need the size and the versatility.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Neither team does it.

Assuming Marner's last season was not a fluke he's going to be making a ton in a few years. Possibly more than RNH and Edmonton needs the cap space.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Leafs add Nylander. Those 1st's are valuable currency and there is absolutely no urgency to get Marner as the Oilers have a better one in Yamamoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->