Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton @ Toronto - Return of Mcdavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I want delicious Olier tears!

I want the oil to lose JUST enough to get a pick in the 10-15 range, and just keep running on the treadmill.

I feel so bad for McDavid

Reactions: Kamiccolo

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
I haven't been impressed by either Brooks or Marchment. I would love to see korshkov get a chance on that final 4th line spot.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I haven't been impressed by either Brooks or Marchment. I would love to see korshkov get a chance on that final 4th line spot.
Marchment is a player that will ride the game's emotion. Plays bigger in bigger moments. You could feel the pump in his veins watching him during the Marlies Calder cup run. A few games with completely new players most who he isn't close with for a guy who rides off the team's energy isn't going to paint the best picture of him. As long as the leafs are winning I think it's okay to keep rotating Marchment into the lineup. But Korshkov is a beast too at the same time

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Why are a few here claiming how fast this game will be?

McDavid is fast, light speed fast. The rest of the Oilers are a bunch of slugs.
You wouldnt want Draisaitl or Nurse on the Leafs? Ok.

Nurse provides the toughness that we lack Big Time.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Keefe's explanation of why made plenty of sense. No back to backs until February, they just got back from a 2 game Minnesota-Manitoba road swing, and if Andersen played he would have a short turnaround to today and would be playing 3 games in 5 nights, or 4 in 7 assuming he starts the Jets game on Wednesday. With Hutch having two recent wins and Keefe trying to lessen Andersen's workload it actually made a lot of sense to start Hutch.

Andersen is probably starting tonight but after a shutout on Saturday maybe Keefe says "you know what, **** it! Hutch you got that shutout saturday, your confidence is pretty high, Andy take another night off, Hutch youre in"

Personally I'd like to see Hutch start tonight and see if this he can stop this team full of "slugs" minus McDavid like one poster said.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Andersen is probably starting tonight but after a shutout on Saturday maybe Keefe says "you know what, **** it! Hutch you got that shutout saturday, your confidence is pretty high, Andy take another night off, Hutch youre in"

Personally I'd like to see Hutch start tonight and see if this he can stop this team full of "slugs" minus McDavid like one poster said.

I think you have to go Freddie here, this is a chance to pull within 4 of Boston not only that but 6 up on Florida.

I think Freddie needs to get the next 3 starts

Reactions: Sniper99

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
jpeg.jpg
That was supposed to be the happiest day of his life.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

The dude who can't do shit without McDavid and is one of the worst forwards in the league in terms of defensive play? Yeah I'm good. The Leafs have 2 C's better than him that don't need to ride shotgun with the best player in the world and cheat in the defensive zone to put up numbers.

Reactions: Pi

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That was supposed to be the happiest day of his life.

He will be happy in a few years time. Sometimes you just have to be patient.

There is light at the end of the tunnel for McDavid even if it’s a very long tunnel.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

draisaitl is not that good without McDavid. It’s not like Crosby and Malkin. He can’t drive his own line.

If he could they would have a lot more wins because of that 1-2 punch regardless of the rest of the roster being a trash can.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Keep teh point streak going boys! Another win tonight!

Matthews with two,because he cant score 3.

LeafsStorm

Oct 22, 2011
Got Platinums for this game :D Any recommendations of a place to eat nearby that I can park/walk that isn't going to cost me a small fortune?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Got Platinums for this game :D Any recommendations of a place to eat nearby that I can park/walk that isn't going to cost me a small fortune?
I always park at Front and Simcoe, North/West corner, just West of Scaddabush. If you get there after 5 it's $10-$12 and quick getting back out of the city.
We usually eat at Scaddabush, Moxies, or Kellys Landing.
Loose Moose tonight, haven't been there in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad