Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton @ Toronto - Return of Mcdavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
McDavid should have been a Leaf. hopefully that mistake gets corrected one day.

gEP0FdvRQkuMLZbzIQ-oqSNZeP05jwF99Aom5mWM18g.jpg

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Oilers are still struggling. Be a great time to pick up another win and keep rolling.

I expect Matthews to have a big game.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
It’s a shame that McDavid has to waste his younger years with such a pathetic organization.

Shut him and Drai down. They’re going to plummet here soon might as well accelerate the process.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I don't think so, not yet he's got to beat 2 more good teams. I put ZERO stock into his wins against Detroit and NJ because it's Detroit and NJ and he needed OT to beat the Devils

After we beat the Devils in OT with Hutch, the Devils won 3 straight of which 2 were against the Bruins and Islanders. But yeah, I agree that he has to keep doing what he did last night to make us feel more comfortable if Andersen is out on injury.

Reactions: taurine330

Kingstondude84

Dec 22, 2019
I don't think so, not yet he's got to beat 2 more good teams. I put ZERO stock into his wins against Detroit and NJ because it's Detroit and NJ and he needed OT to beat the Devils

I wouldn't even say the Isles are a good offensive team either, so really, he has had several soft starts.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Time to make him more jealous of what his team is not and increase his desire to be a Leaf in 2026...as usual.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Was happy to give Marchment a shot. But I have had enough of that fourth line with the goat. I would like to see them give Agostino a chance. Agostino, Spezza and Moore would be solid.

Side note. Is it just me or does Tavares lose a huge percentage of face-offs when the Leafs start a power play? Feels like the first 30 seconds are always about regaining entry into the offensive zone. Go buds.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How thick do you have to be to expect the backup to start this game?
Andersen starts 1000%

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
What is everyone's take on the Avs/Isles game if the Leafs win today...

1. If Isles win, Leafs are tied 4th overall.
2. If Avs win, it helps us with home ice in the conference finals or a potential wild card spot if both teams are in that race.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
How thick do you have to be to expect the backup to start this game?
Andersen starts 1000%
No one expected Hutch to start last game...what if Andersen pulled something before the Isles game and Hutch gets the nod again.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
No one expected Hutch to start last game...what if Andersen pulled something before the Isles game and Hutch gets the nod again.
Keefe's explanation of why made plenty of sense. No back to backs until February, they just got back from a 2 game Minnesota-Manitoba road swing, and if Andersen played he would have a short turnaround to today and would be playing 3 games in 5 nights, or 4 in 7 assuming he starts the Jets game on Wednesday. With Hutch having two recent wins and Keefe trying to lessen Andersen's workload it actually made a lot of sense to start Hutch.

Reactions: ACC1224 and OddyOh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad