News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 6

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I've been listening to Stauffer and Oilers now live and podcast for years but I had to divorce the show.
The amount of advertising is beyond ridiculous. He can't got a minute without the podcast interrupting or some other inserted script.
To the point where you want to boycott the advertisers because it's so intrusive.

So I'll give a shout out to lowetide taking over as my go to show with gregor. I consider those the premium live/podcast shows in our market today imo.
They give an honest no blowing sunshine up the listeners ass opinion and don't interrupt every second sentence with some advertiser spiel

I want to see Stauffer work out on the Peleton he says is his go to workout now.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
just listen to 1260 morning show for the first time in a long time and what an embarrassment that show is. Wow is all I can say and Neilson needs to be punted .Don't know if he has his mindset on being a play by play man for the CFL and he has turned out the radio, cause he sounds bad now

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
I listen to the Vancouver radio and sometimes 960 out of Calgary. Neilson kid like act has grown old and there comes a time where people have to change their style and sadly Neilson has not and that creed Tuesday like come on guy get over yourself no one wants to listen to that same shit over and over and over

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
who do you guys like lol

I like Stauffer, I just want to see him use the Peleton he says he uses because I think its a case of false advertising LOL. I like Spec, Rishaug, the morning mandate is pretty good, and the Nielsen show where he does his 7 AM hockey insider interviews. Kurt Leavins is a must read for me. I podcast a lot of hockey shows and dont listen much to the radio anymore.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I listen to the Vancouver radio and sometimes 960 out of Calgary. Neilson kid like act has grown old and there comes a time where people have to change their style and sadly Neilson has not and that creed Tuesday like come on guy get over yourself no one wants to listen to that same **** over and over and over

Did Neilson big time you or something?

You may not like him, but he is very popular.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I want to see Stauffer work out on the Peleton he says is his go to workout now.

Something like this?

191203144605-peloton-ad-exlarge-169.jpg

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I don't mind LT but tire of his schtick after a bit.
Cannot handle Stauffer at all anymore with his interrupting constantly.

Fav guest speaker is Lankski on LowTide.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I like Stauffer, I just want to see him use the Peleton he says he uses because I think its a case of false advertising LOL. I like Spec, Rishaug, the morning mandate is pretty good, and the Nielsen show where he does his 7 AM hockey insider interviews. Kurt Leavins is a must read for me. I podcast a lot of hockey shows and dont listen much to the radio anymore.

Gawd, please no to the bolded. That would be a sight that can not be unseen.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He acts like a petulant child if people challenge him on his opinions. (Gregor that is)

Fixed for you.
Well really almost all of them are like that. Gregor gets his back up and gets overly sarcastic, Shauger acts like a spoiled baby.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Yikes, I remember why I NEVER listen to the morning show. I must have listened for about 40 minutes.

- Cringe worthy McDavid song
- Cringe worthy Klefbom song
- Some stoner sounding dude calling into trivia thinking Kosk played last night
- Going on and on about perogies
- Some other random crap
- An interview with Matt Kassian
- SOme confessions segment was coming and I couldn't take it anymore

What a waste of time lol. Got nothing out of it.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yikes, I remember why I NEVER listen to the morning show. I must have listened for about 40 minutes.

- Cringe worthy McDavid song
- Cringe worthy Klefbom song
- Some stoner sounding dude calling into trivia thinking Kosk played last night
- Going on and on about perogies
- Some other random crap
- An interview with Matt Kassian
- SOme confessions segment was coming and I couldn't take it anymore

What a waste of time lol. Got nothing out of it.
You don’t think the Klefbom song is catchy? That song usually stays in my head for weeks.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Since Bruce Bowie retired, I've started listening to 1260 in the morning, and I quite enjoy the Nielsen show. Some of it is cringe-worthy, sure (ie: 12 days of Christmas), but at least there is some energy there that I need very badly during my morning commute.

Reactions: abootzky

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
God this young fella at lunch on TSN is unbearable. Basically says JP doesn’t get any of the blame for sucking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad