News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 5

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
No knock on Dean Millard at all but Tom Gazzola is crushing it on TSN 1260's pre & postgame shows. I find it to be more compelling to listen to than Reid & Rob over on CHED.
Its the Wilkins factor. That guy is a total snooze fest.

Reactions: RegDunlop

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Just a quick update on oilers now numbers
47000 Ppm every show
And 2.1 million podcast listeners amazing!
I remember bob saying that he gets more listeners to his show than the coyotes get viewers watching their games a lot of the time haha.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Have no idea if he watches more or not now, but when he was on ON he admitted to not watching games.

We'll we can put this one to rest. On his appearance on Lowetides show this week he was breaking down the pre-season game that he watched and analyzed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was on the radio once and missed a week of games because of other commitments and now is simply labelled by some poster once as a blogger that doesn't watch games.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Its the Wilkins factor. That guy is a total snooze fest.
Also the What has Brown got to say that I haven't heard a million times already? Factor. Hernan Salas & Matt Kassian are both good support players for Gazzola as well.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
We'll we can put this one to rest. On his appearance on Lowetides show this week he was breaking down the pre-season game that he watched and analyzed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was on the radio once and missed a week of games because of other commitments and now is simply labelled by some poster once as a blogger that doesn't watch games.
Willis is pathetically bad and inept.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

He may watch them now, but in the past when he wrote for ON he literally said he didn't watch games. It wasn't one weeks worth either, it was the majority. After that I moved on from him as I wasn't going to waste me time on a know it all that wasn't even watching games, just stat lines.

Maybe he is better now, but like Tencer too many Willis turned me off and there is really no reason to go back when there are so many other options out there.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Not a chance Oilers Now gets 2.1 million podcast listeners.

And thats not even commenting on how terrible of a show it is.
Did you know that Bob played AAA? And he never backed down from anyone? And that if there were more than 12 teams in the old WHL he could have played in the Dub. And he knows Joffrey Lupul?

Reactions: Weitz

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Did you know that Bob played AAA? And he never backed down from anyone? And that if there were more than 12 teams in the old WHL he could have played in the Dub. And he knows Joffrey Lupul?
Bob also loves Mediterranean pizza from Royal Pizza

and is in a hockey draft with his friends over at Pub 1905 for over 30 years now

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

I know kids that are defensemen in Bantam AAA who can't skate backwards.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Not a chance Oilers Now gets 2.1 million podcast listeners.

And thats not even commenting on how terrible of a show it is.

I do listen to the podcasts cause I’m @ work with no access to radio.

I enjoy the show for the most part, but lately there are some commercials embedded in the middle of each hour or half hour.

They are pitched by Stauffer and in my opinion they are totally cringeworthy, disrupt the flow of the show, so I may not be a part of the 2.1 million podcasters anymore...

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Most of the commercials start off the “Hi, I’m Bob Stauffer...”

Used car salesman schtick but I guess if you have 2.1 listeners you can sell some advertising

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Does anyone else find Dave Jamieson unbearable to listen to? Just no personality.. show is so dull. As bad as Bob can be sometimes, I'm listening to OilersNow over the Jamieson show easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad