Proposal: Edmonton - Philadelphia

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Does it matter how fast you run into a wall, well in this case the Islanders trap I’d say probably not but if you have the size to match a team like the Islanders you could break that wall down.

Chiasson alone wouldn’t make a difference.
I just don’t get the hate for Chiasson and I’m not even a fan of his. He has average possession numbers with not that much less offensive zone starts then Raffl. He was decent on Edmonton’s power play and the last time I checked the Flyers PP wasn’t that great, does that justify trading a PK guy for a PP guy, probably not and again might not make a difference.

There is one thing Chiasson does have, that Raffl or any Flyer for that matter doesn’t a deep playoff experience run and a Stanley Cup ring to his name. That could make a difference in the locker room or on the ice when it matters. Chiasson did play a part in that run with Washington.

Also Chiasson is only 1 season removed from a 22 goal 38 point campaign in 18-19, so there could also be some untapped scoring that everyone else finds useless, a number of factors could come into play as well, linemates, ice time, ect ect...

Sometimes when trading it’s hard to lose a player that’s been a good soldier like Raffl has been but sometimes subtle changes or tweeks to the roster may eventually get a team like Philadelphia to the top.

Flyers fan here. I agree. Flyers need to add some size and grit. People forget MTL bullied Phila too...MTL...LMFAO. Long gone are the "Broad Street Bullies" and this new Flyers archetype completely disregards physicality which DOES MATTER especially in a 7 game playoff series.

I would definitely take a chance on this deal. Flyers have more than enough youngsters to fill on the PK and whatever role Raffl does to give Chiasson a shot. With that being said there are probably other larger, physical players that I'd want over Chiasson for my team. Would love a Tom Wilson type as would most teams

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Flyers fan here. I agree. Flyers need to add some size and grit. People forget MTL bullied Phila too...MTL...LMFAO. Long gone are the "Broad Street Bullies" and this new Flyers archetype completely disregards physicality which DOES MATTER especially in a 7 game playoff series.

I would definitely take a chance on this deal. Flyers have more than enough youngsters to fill on the PK and whatever role Raffl does to give Chiasson a shot. With that being said there are probably other larger, physical players that I'd want over Chiasson for my team. Would love a Tom Wilson type as would most teams
So who are you taking out of the line-up for chiasson
Assuming this is the bottom 6
Jvr-Patrick-farabee
Sandin-laughton-nak
Not even including frost who very well may grab a position

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
If you'd like Raffl, I wouldn't mind just trading him for a pick/prospect. Don't really have much interest in Chiasson coming back. The Flyers already have enough 3rd and 4th line players at the moment. Raffl for Chiasson is at best a lateral move, at worse a downgrade when it comes to sacrificing defense for offense.

Last edited:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Jvr-Patrick-farabee
Sandin-laughton-nak
Probably rotate with Sandin, that’s if Sandin makes the roster, Bunnaman will also be fighting for a spot in the lineup as well.

Patrick is still an unknown so Frost might take his place but if Patrick is healthy, I suspect Flyers management will send Frost down to AHL again for more playing time.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Raffl is a pointless sort of asset to trade as I think that a large chunk of his value is wrapped up in team chemistry with the Flyers.

He's not much more than a good 4th liner, yet he can plug holes on any other line like almost nobody else on the team can.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Jvr-Patrick-farabee
Sandin-laughton-nak

Well Patrick is a question mark and so that is where Frost goes until proven otherwise.

Flys need to move someone and it might end up being Laughton seeing how JVR and Voracek are unmoveable (thanks Hexy)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad