Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton Oilers Play-In Series Extravaganza

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Yes but that's just semantics.
Win and you move on, same as any playoff series.

Do you think we'll see beautiful blue paint on the ice?

cut.jpg

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Do you think we'll see beautiful blue paint on the ice?

cut.jpg

I won't be surprised if it's added after qualifying/round robin, although I could also see them using that space for a COVID relief message. Would be nice to see the league use their platform to get donations as viewership should be stronger than usual.

And maybe they put the NHL shield at center ice?

Distinction without a difference to me. Especially if the NHL counts the stats as “Playoff Stats”
From a historical perspective it doesn't sound like they will.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Is every team playing?

If yes, then it's the regular season. If no, then it's the postseason.*

* with the exception of MLB game #163 tiebreakers established well in advance as an extension of the regular season in the event of a tie.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I'm back to making terrible Armchair GM Teams on Capfriendly. I think this team would match up pretty well against Edmonton.

BX14IeW.png

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I'm back to making terrible Armchair GM Teams on Capfriendly. I think this team would match up pretty well against Edmonton.

BX14IeW.png

I like the forward group but I dunno about dropping Mitchell into the D corps so quickly.

I would suspect #6 is likely going to be Koekkoek, Carlsson, or Seeler.
Beaudin and Mitchell as 7-8.

I dunno if you throw either of those two to the wolves right at the start of their NHL careers in a playoff situation against McDavid and Draisatl.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Everyone calling the Edmonton series playoffs...isn't this just a play-in series to GET INTO the playoffs?

Hmmmmm let’s see here....2 teams playing eachother in a best of 5 series where the winner moves on to the next round and the loser gets eliminated....

Sounds like “playoffs” if ya ask me...

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Hmmmmm let’s see here....2 teams playing eachother in a best of 5 series where the winner moves on to the next round and the loser gets eliminated....

Sounds like “playoffs” if ya ask me...

Just find it humorous that when we look back on this season, we're going to remember the 2019-2020 Hawks as a "playoff" team, although being last in the Central Division lol. Hope they can surprise us though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->