Edmonton Oil Kings

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Looks like last season all over again. Samuelsson has really become a beast! But I don't think they catch the Winterhawks for first over all. It will be a terrific WHL final if those two clubs meet.:handclap:

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Bit of a slump, 3 game losing skid including a thrashing from the Americans last night.

That said, not too worried. They've looked too impressive for me to panic.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Pending a meltdown in the playoffs, they'll be in the final. But I think the likes of Portland, Kelowna or Kamloops will have something to say about them, though.

arsmaster*

Lol Halifax would destroy the Oil Kings.

We shall see.

Halifax has a much easier road to the Memorial Cup. The WHL's top 4 teams are better than any competition Halifax has to face.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol Halifax would destroy the Oil Kings.

LOL, Halifax is a five man army,

MacKinnon
Drouin
Abeltshauser
Fucale
Frk

Everyone else has their stats boosted by these five players, the rest of the team is meh. I am not even an Oil Kings fan and I can tell you that their depth destroys the Mooseheads.

SeattleSharksFan

Hockey Autograph Guy
Aug 15, 2011
Seattle, WA
I watched the Oil Kings @ Seattle and am going to see them tonight in Everett. Edmonton looked a bit road-weary at the start of the Seattle game but quickly shook that off and went on to completely dominate the T-Birds. They're a fun team to watch, for sure.

Also, I haven't seen that many NHL scouts at a Birds game in a long, long time.

travellingman345

Oct 23, 2008
Bowden, AB
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Doesn't matter how well you do in the regular season, the playoffs are a whole different game.

I hate to relive this. But the 2008 - 2009 Calgary Hitmen 59 - 9 and 4 in Regular season. Won 12 in a row in playoffs and then hit a Kelowna Rocket team that was on a roll in the finals and lost 4 games to 2.

Lots of teams are capable of beating any team, not matter how big the difference is in the standings.

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
Looks like last season all over again. Samuelsson has really become a beast! But I don't think they catch the Winterhawks for first over all. It will be a terrific WHL final if those two clubs meet.:handclap:

Now there's a matchup I'd like to see again! :yo:

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
Terrific team for sure. I hope that they can take out everyone and have a better showing at the Memorial Cup this year.

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
If I'm the Oil Kings, the team I'm most worried about before the finals is Prince Albert. The Raiders play them extremely hard, and have had their number all year.

Oct 15, 2008
If I'm the Oil Kings, the team I'm most worried about before the finals is Prince Albert. The Raiders play them extremely hard, and have had their number all year.

This is true. So do Kootenay and Calgary. Saskatoon is on a run and Medicine Hat and Red Deer have beaten the Oil Kings at Rexall this year too.

Anything can happen, but nobody in the Eastern Conference has the depth to hang with them in a seven game series.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
There are no cake walk matchups this year in the Eastern Conference. Should be a wicked playoffs and i look forward to seeing if the Oil Kings can repeat as champs.

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
This is true. So do Kootenay and Calgary. Saskatoon is on a run and Medicine Hat and Red Deer have beaten the Oil Kings at Rexall this year too.

Anything can happen, but nobody in the Eastern Conference has the depth to hang with them in a seven game series.

Kootenay wouldn't worry me as much, they aren't as deep, and are much younger. Definitely Calgary, incredibly deep team with scoring on all four lines and likely better goaltending than PA.

Saskatoon is, historically, a flakey team. They're usually good in the regular season and choke. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if they lost in the first round, but, they are on this streak, and they could keep it up.

I haven't seen MH or RD this year at all, so I can't comment on them.

Oct 15, 2008
Kootenay wouldn't worry me as much, they aren't as deep, and are much younger. Definitely Calgary, incredibly deep team with scoring on all four lines and likely better goaltending than PA.

Saskatoon is, historically, a flakey team. They're usually good in the regular season and choke. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if they lost in the first round, but, they are on this streak, and they could keep it up.

I haven't seen MH or RD this year at all, so I can't comment on them.

Kootenay always plays well against the Oil Kings. The season series is 3-3. If there is anyone the Oil Kings would prefer not to face in the first round, it would be the Ice.

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
Kootenay always plays well against the Oil Kings. The season series is 3-3. If there is anyone the Oil Kings would prefer not to face in the first round, it would be the Ice.

For reference, PA is 3-0-1 against Edmonton, and the OT loss was a game that PA dominated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad