Proposal: Edmonton/New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I like Nurse . He has gotten better every year . I however wouldn't like Nurse at 6+ million at his current level of play . As for the OP . Wood's seems to be a player that can be had every off season cheap . Archibald is a similar type of player . Fast , good defensively and he costed no assets . Adding an UFA D doesn't get the job done . I like the OP selling an 28 year old D is about to break out . Nurse is about to break out and put it all together and become Pronger 2.0 ....See how that works ? Because I said so doesn't make it true . I like all the NJD players offer up . I also see warts to Nurse's game so I would trade him for the right deal . But another D that we have control over for more years would have to be coming back . If you look at it from Edmonton point of view they have trouble signing UFAs so why would they trade a player that likes being in Edmonton for a player that will be a UFA soon + A bottom 6 player when we have a million fighting for a spot . The only piece we need in the package is Zacha

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Nurse is very overrated and a shrewd Edmonton GM would recognize that and move him out instead of paying him big.

I don't expect that Holland will be that guy, but I will say I don't think this package is the best the Oil could get.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Shouldn't trades between Edmonton and New Jersey be lopsided in the Oilers favor? I think the Devils owe us one :)
Agreed. That Nicholls trade didn't turn out so good. I guess Ciger was ok for one season before he got homesick.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just give us that 1st for Kreider & Fast already!!

I don't see why Oiler's would swap Nurse out unless they're making a big upgrade. The biggest piece coming back to them can't be a UFA, or a potential break out candidate.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
That's probably not a bad idea. There's already enough hot takes in this thread for a dozen midseason bumps, and it's clear that Edmonton fans won't move Nurse for anything less than Hischier, Hughes, and a 1st.

Oh calm down. and if the Devils had Nurse what could the Oilers offer up to get him. You guys would overreact too wanting McDavid Draisaitl and unprotected 1st. You've already got someone in here with their Crystal ball going "when Zacha breaks out" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad