Proposal: Edmonton/New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Both Wood and Zacha could be really good for Edmonton

Wood in theory is a perfect 3rd wheel for McDavid-Drasaitl, a blazing fast straightforward skating Patrick Maroon

Zacha the perfect 3c behind two skilled non physically oriented offensive Cs

Sorry, you're too late. We've already been told that Wood and Zacha are broken toys that we don't want anymore by the hockey knower.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sorry, you're too late. We've already been told that Wood and Zacha are broken toys that we don't want anymore by the hockey knower.

They are mid 20 point players. Compared to Darnell Nurse, that’s exactly what they are.

Nobody likes being on the ass end of quantity offers. Or how does a package of Archibald, Lagesson, and a 2nd for Palmeiri strike you?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Both Wood and Zacha could be really good for Edmonton

Wood in theory is a perfect 3rd wheel for McDavid-Drasaitl, a blazing fast straightforward skating Patrick Maroon

Zacha the perfect 3c behind two skilled non physically oriented offensive Cs

Again, “just play him with McDavid” is not a selling point. If your player needs McDavid time to be more than they are, they are not of interest. We found Alex Chiasson and Pat Maroon in the dumpster, why would we give up Nurse for “a fast Pat Maroon?”

*Could* isn’t good enough to throw Nurse away for. Want to talk a swap of lesser pieces, we’re listening. You want Nurse, something much more significant needs to be on the table.

Reactions: TB12

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Value isn’t necessarily horrible but no thanks. I really like Woods, probably more so than others. He’d be a good fit on our team.

However, Nurse is still improving and taken major strides every single year.

Nurse is one of the best skaters in the NHL at 6’4 230 pounds, he’s a long term piece on the Oilers. He’s just a guy I think will be at his peak from like 28-35 years old.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Again, “just play him with McDavid” is not a selling point. If your player needs McDavid time to be more than they are, they are not of interest. We found Alex Chiasson and Pat Maroon in the dumpster, why would we give up Nurse for “a fast Pat Maroon?”

*Could* isn’t good enough to throw Nurse away for. Want to talk a swap of lesser pieces, we’re listening. You want Nurse, something much more significant needs to be on the table.

There's a difference between McDavid carrying someone like Crosby carried Andy Hilbert or Miro Satan or McDavid having a good grinding complement that is mutually beneficial like Crosby with Chris Kunitz or Patric Hornqvist.

Do the Oilers see Nurse as a core piece going forward? Seems like he'll cost 7+ with his stats while not exactly having a top pairing toolbox despite being a good player.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Value isn’t necessarily horrible but no thanks. I really like Woods, probably more so than others. He’d be a good fit on our team.

However, Nurse is still improving and taken major strides every single year.

Nurse is one of the best skaters in the NHL at 6’4 230 pounds, he’s a long term piece on the Oilers. He’s just a guy I think will be at his peak from like 28-35 years old.

Yup, that's reasonable.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
There's a difference between McDavid carrying someone like Crosby carried Andy Hilbert or Miro Satan or McDavid having a good grinding complement that is mutually beneficial like Crosby with Chris Kunitz or Patric Hornqvist.

Do the Oilers see Nurse as a core piece going forward? Seems like he'll cost 7+ with his stats while not exactly having a top pairing toolbox despite being a good player.

Yes. He’s McDavids best friend, a good player, and great in the community.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Wood has a long, long way to go to get himself into prime Kunitz/Hornquist territory. was there not a thread not long ago questioning if he’d even make the Devils roster? Mid 20 point forwards that work hard are a dime a dozen. Zacha is mildly interesting, but as a focal point of a Nurse trade - no.

If he continues to progress, he’ll either be signed long term or dealt for a singular large piece, instead of a bunch of little ones. Even if he stalls, he’s a very valuable asset. We won’t be limited to a one team trade list like the Jets were with Trouba.

What about his “toolbox” is limited? He’s got every tool you could possibly want, outside of an overpowering slapshot. He really progressed last season in a lot of ways.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thank you big boy. I tried to tell them for you.

sorry I didn’t fawn over your 8th and 10th best forwards boo.

Edit: not a week ago there was a thread started by a Devils fan saying Wood was looking like a healthy scratch opening night and trying to get a 2nd for him. Now he’s a big part of a Nurse trade? Oooookay.

Last edited:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
They are mid 20 point players. Compared to Darnell Nurse, that’s exactly what they are.

Nobody likes being on the ass end of quantity offers. Or how does a package of Archibald, Lagesson, and a 2nd for Palmeiri strike you?

I get that you have no use for PZ, but do a little homework first. "Pavel Zacha was legitimately one of the best forwards on the penalty kill in the entire league last season. His on-ice rates for CA/60, SA/60, SCA/60, HDCA/60, and xGA/60 were all top-ten rates among 179 other forwards. His on-ice rate of GA/60 and his individual amount of shots were in the top 10% in the NHL too. Yes, even Zacha was creating a relatively high level of offense in shorthanded situations. Zacha was simply stupendous in shorthanded situations."
I get it the pkg for Nurse is not enough but be real.
And Wood may be the next fastest guy to CM in the league, which I get means nothing, but when all I read is CM needs another speedster, Wood is very close. As a third liner he had 19 Gs and 32 pts. He took some bad penalties and got a questionable suspension this past year, his game went in the tank after that. He played too tentative. Again I get its not enough for DN, but homework!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I get that you have no use for PZ, but do a little homework first. "Pavel Zacha was legitimately one of the best forwards on the penalty kill in the entire league last season. His on-ice rates for CA/60, SA/60, SCA/60, HDCA/60, and xGA/60 were all top-ten rates among 179 other forwards. His on-ice rate of GA/60 and his individual amount of shots were in the top 10% in the NHL too. Yes, even Zacha was creating a relatively high level of offense in shorthanded situations. Zacha was simply stupendous in shorthanded situations."
I get it the pkg for Nurse is not enough but be real.
And Wood may be the next fastest guy to CM in the league, which I get means nothing, but when all I read is CM needs another speedster, Wood is very close. As a third liner he had 19 Gs and 32 pts. He took some bad penalties and got a questionable suspension this past year, his game went in the tank after that. He played too tentative. Again I get its not enough for DN, but homework!

for someone as keen on homework I’m not sure how you could possibly think McDavid needs another speedster on his line. He absolutely, positively does not. Other fanbases think he does for some reason, and seem to think it’s a selling point, but he plays best with smart players that can find open ice.

Edmonton needs more TEAM speed. Guys that do not suck on other lines that can create their own offence.

That isn’t about not having use for the two players. Absolutely there is, and if you wanted to talk picks or prospects for either guy, we’re listening. But for Nurse? No. Hard no. Not close, not worth discussing.

Could you use Dmitri Samorukov? Sure you could, he’s a really good prospect. Would you give up Bratt for him? Unlikely. It’s all about what you’re asking for, and OP asked for a piece we are totally unwilling to move for what you’d give up.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
for someone as keen on homework I’m not sure how you could possibly think McDavid needs another speedster on his line. He absolutely, positively does not. Other fanbases think he does for some reason, and seem to think it’s a selling point, but he plays best with smart players that can find open ice.

That isn’t about not having use for the two players. Absolutely there is, and if you wanted to talk picks or prospects for either guy, we’re listening. But for Nurse? No. Hard no. Not close, not worth discussing.
I didn't think, it's what has been posted (which I think I said, look up ^^^^).
You keep your picks, we'll wait until Nurse holds out again and your forced to trade him for less than his value. It's what Shero does! By then CM will have already demanded a trade!
Have a great season!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You keep your picks, we'll wait until Nurse holds out again and your forced to trade him for less than his value. It's what Shero does! By then CM will have already demanded a trade!
Have a great season!

literally nobody has said that this thread except you.

Nurse hasn’t ever held out, I don’t know what you’re on about.

You already got to suckle at the teat of Chiarelli, I think Edmonton has done more than enough charity work in New Jersey’s favour.

Have an exceptionally average season!

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Why not instead come to the Oilers board and ask if Edmonton would be willing to give another core player away for next to free to the Devils.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Have a great season!
This is the goto immature statement people have when people don't agree with their dumb evalutations of players.

Reactions: Seachd and TFHockey

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
literally nobody has said that this thread except you.

Nurse hasn’t ever held out, I don’t know what you’re on about.

You already got to suckle at the teat of Chiarelli, I think Edmonton has done more than enough charity work in New Jersey’s favour.

Have an exceptionally average season!
Who said this thread?
A five second Google search:
"McDavid’s game is all about speed, creativity, and more speed. Why not find two wingers who would best complement these traits?"
"Two things that Nugent-Hopkins has going for him are smarts and speed, which just happen to be the two things that would complement McDavid’s game to a T."
"THe premise that McDavid needs a natural scorer is bang on, it has to be one that has the wheels to keep up."
"Certainly McDavid certainly drives his own bus. But his effectiveness is multiplied exponentially when playing with talent who can think the game at his level, move the puck quickly and has the legs to keep up.

Imagine a guy who can skate with McDavid who has a one time shot who knows how to get open on McDavids wing."
" What do guys think of Athanasiou (sp?). Kid had a tough start in negotiations with Detroit this off season and the Ilitches demand loyalty from their players so perhaps they’d listen on a deal there. He’s got maybe the fastest set of wheels in the league after McDavid."

The trade is one for one.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
This is the goto immature statement people have when people don't agree with their dumb evalutations of players.
Yes all the facts I posted were immature. I said it wasn't enough and yet on and on it goes. Instead of trying to have an intelligent convo it was taken to that level, so I just obliged.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes all the facts I posted were immature. I said it wasn't enough and yet on and on it goes. Instead of trying to have an intelligent convo it was taken to that level, so I just obliged.

you don’t want intelligent conversation. You want a borderline top pairing defenceman for damn near nothing and positing random quotes from god knows who about how McDavid needs fast players on his wing when anyone that has ever watched him play could tell you otherwise.

Best of luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->