GDT: Edmonton @ Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
btw so much for Pulju sitting a game out and getting a chance to redeem himself. Is this a longterm scratch and did they leave him in Edmonton to phone his agent?

(Oilers fans will understand that comment)

ps how apathetic have things become if I'm the only one mentioning and noticing Pulju is still out.

its like Mclellan pretending he's not on the team anymore.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It makes no god damn sense to put the Garrison-Benning back in especially against Nashville. Completely brain dead move. It's like they are assuming this game is a loss and are waiving the white flag.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
btw so much for Pulju sitting a game out and getting a chance to redeem himself. Is this a longterm scratch and did they leave him in Edmonton to phone his agent?

There's just so many wingers playing so well lately that there's no room to be worried about developing a shoot first player who can skate like the wind!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Gravel is an actual D, unlike Benning, thus McLellan preferring one over the other.

I don't know how Gravel would be waiver exempt.
He's waiver exempt in the sense that he has already cleared waivers once so doesn't need to clear them again so soon after having called back up.

Benning would need waivers. Although that realistically wouldn't be a concern. There's little chance he'd be claimed. Bigger problem is likely that you put Benning down in the minors at that is about $900k that sits on the cap and 1.9M you're paying a player down in the minors. Gravel goes down and doesn't count for anything against the cap and only costs the Oilers $300K in actual dollars.

Those aren't big concerns for me. But I could see why its an issue for the Oilers.

There is also something to be said for sticking with the player who you've been trying to develop for the better part of 2 years rather than ditching him less than 10 games into the year after some pretty significant struggles.

Don't get me wrong. Benning has been awful so far. Wouldn't be in my lineup. But I get why the team is giving him another kick at the can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

ps how apathetic have things become if I'm the only one mentioning and noticing Pulju is still out.

its like Mclellan pretending he's not on the team anymore.

I bet he plays tomorrow.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
It makes no god damn sense to put the Garrison-Benning back in especially against Nashville. Completely brain dead move. It's like they are assuming this game is a loss and are waiving the white flag.

Between the Oilers and Eskimos I just assume I'm being trolled by Edmonton Clubs...

Its like they're sitting back on the couch going "bwahahahaha, looky what these guys are saying, lets play Benning, lets trade Draisaitl"

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Already 2-0 for the Preds because of that Garrison-Benning pairing. Also why take out Marody? Was way better than Kassian.

Oilers49er

Jun 25, 2018
How can you make 3 changes in your line up when you played the best game as of to date. Holy hell what a dumb coach.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
He's waiver exempt in the sense that he has already cleared waivers once so doesn't need to clear them again so soon after having called back up.
Ok, so I get that. The rest of it smacks of being forced to tinker with the roster because of Benning coming off IR so let's go all-in on the changes. :huh:

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010

That bottom pairing...

im sorry but how does this coach have a job. Just beat the defending champs and changes the lines. At the same time puts a player in a press box. It's confusing coaching as decisions are only made for certain players. The Benning and Garrison pairing has been brutal this year yet they get the nod over Bouchard and Gravel.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
This only makes sense if they need Benning/Kassian to play as showcase for a trade. Stauffer said he expects Gravel back up within two weeks. Otherwise..

tumblr_ojhomjtn651ugk65ko1_500.gif

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Better not take any penalties today, because you just know Benning will be out there on the unit that gets scored on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->