GDT: Edmonton @ Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Guess they are giving Garrison a chance. Thought Gravel was good while up here. Couple guys should be feeling pressure.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
This feels like one of those games where the Oilers are down 2-0 before they even come out for the warmup skate.

Maybe if they let the Preds punch themselves out, they can pull a Ali/Foreman out of the bag.

giphy.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
During the darkest of days some GDT’s wouldn’t get created until minutes before the game and only because of pity.
I don't think this is actually accurate at all. Which days is that? 5-10yrs ago on this board, pre McDavid the board interest, oddly enough, was much much greater. you would often have threads well over a thousand posts.

Disinterest is fairly new. I think it happened just last season. Not before that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Benning back in and Gravel sent back down astounds me. This coach really does f***ing love his lil favorites.

Always seems to be sending a message to Chia too. McLellan always makes special attempts treating Chia signings like chopped liver.

Its to the point of obstinancy. Chiasson would be back riding pine if he hadn't scored 3 goals.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think if I play the PVR of our last game against the Caps and watch that instead theres a good chance we will win..

But we got the Preds again. A team that actually plays like champs. Multiplied by this being an afternoon game. Tripled by it being a Saturday game.
Quadrupled by Benning being back in the lineup.

Probability is not with us my friends.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The fact our team has been much better without Benning is no coincidence, before injury he was at fault for at least a goal per game

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Took me about 10 mins to figure out how to embed a tweet, so yeah it wasn't easy :nod:

I love this post.

Because I was literally thinking, man, that's my kind of GDT OP, except that I wouldn't be able to link a twitter embed, lol.

I'm surprised when gifs do what they're supposed to do.

Reactions: LaGu

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
The fact our team has been much better without Benning is no coincidence, before injury he was at fault for at least a goal per game
I'd hope coaching knows this and is giving a last chance type thing. To add in Bouchard has made him disposable.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Tire Fire benning is in. Sweet!

Disturbing coach making disturbing decisions.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
We also get to see 1000 dump ins from the blue line into the offensive corners!

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and Benning panicking in the D-zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->