Proposal: Edmonton-Montreal

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Correct, but with one change. It’s not close to enough for just Nurse. Doesn’t even get a courtesy callback if you left that offer as a voicemail.
Oh please, Gallagher alone is overpayment for nurse. Forget, the 2nd, Lek & Reilly. Yeah, a two time 30 goal scorer doesn’t get a call back. That is so laughable.

Reactions: thepuckguru

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I have watched over half the Oilers games this season and last. From my view, I just don’t see JP’s upside. I don’t see the indicators of a young player with potential to create primary offense. As a secondary player who is required to score off the back of more talented players, he has yet to produce. In fact he has regressed over the course of the last 2 years.

If he can’t priduce with Nuge, McDavid and Leon (and he has been given ample opportunity with those guys), what makes Habs fans think he can do it with Domi, Danault and KK?

If there were indicators of potential:
E.g. power drive to the net, cutting in the middle for a shot, vision to make a pass to a trailing player, one-timer snipe on the PP, saucer passes, receiving hard passes....

All i see is a guy who can cycle down low but not much else. He can’t make quick plays, can’t receive a pass cleanly, shoots into the goalies crest, lacks quickness...

Claude Julien would chee him up and then spit him out. Tortorella would light him on fire at center ice and then blame him for melting the ice.

He’s not worth trading for.
Bingo, he will be in the K soon.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
i fully understand that, but if Oilers were to trade him and give up on him already ( he might have asked for a trade) they wouldn't get near you want!

We’d get more than you think. From you? Maybe not, but other fanbases are more receptive.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Somewhat off topic, but is Byron testing the market? Because I think the Oilers would love to add his speed alongside McDavid if his contract demands aren't silly

The part of me that's a Habs fan would hate trading Lord Byron. The hockey fan in me would love to see him playing with McDavid.

As for the OP, Lehkonen provides so much more than his numbers show. Add in the fact that the coaching staff loves him. I'd say it's a polite pass.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
We’d get more than you think. From you? Maybe not, but other fanbases are more receptive.

I doubt it. I don't see any GM's really wanting to give up much for a project. With JP indicating that he wants out of Edmonton (and who can blame him), i think that even further diminishes what little value he has, if Gretzky forces a trade. If Gretzky is smart, he will just hang on for now and hope for the best.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
...wasn't there a time, not so long ago, when the same thing was said about Paajarvi and Yakupov ?

Yep. But hanging onto Yak wasn't the wrong move for Edmonton.

I think JP was flawed from the start. I don't believe Oiler's failed development was the root cause of his lack of progress. He's a low IQ player. The Finnish Dale Weise.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
...wasn't there a time, not so long ago, when the same thing was said about Paajarvi and Yakupov ?

There was also a time when you guys thought Zach Fucale was your future starting goalie and Mike McCarron was a surefire power forward in this league. Things change, fanbases get it wrong, management groups get it wrong. Playing hardball with both the Puljujarvi camp and any circling vultures is the right move here.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Yep. But hanging onto Yak wasn't the wrong move for Edmonton.

I think JP was flawed from the start. I don't believe Oiler's failed development was the root cause of his lack of progress. He's a low IQ player. The Finnish Dale Weise.
Lol - Weise is a plug but he is still better than pulj.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah he is. Nurse is an ok D but nothing special.

Shows you don’t know much about him. He’s made great strides this year. He’s not going to be available - period - never mind for spare junk.

Don’t get me wrong I like Gallagher but with a foundation piece like Nurse we need to be very careful. For all the talk of ‘Edmonton can’t afford Nurse long term’, people don’t seem to factor in that Gallagher is going to want twice what he’s making now in two short years. We have much more control over Nurse.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
There was also a time when you guys thought Zach Fucale was your future starting goalie and Mike McCarron was a surefire power forward in this league. Things change, fanbases get it wrong, management groups get it wrong. Playing hardball with both the Puljujarvi camp and any circling vultures is the right move here.

I never said otherwise. Nor did I ever say givingup / trading Puljujarvi would be the wise thing to do.
I'm just saying nobody's paying a 1st round pick for him, should the Oilers want to explore that option. Not Montreal, nor any other fanbase, no matter how 'receptive' they may be.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Shows you don’t know much about him. He’s made great strides this year. He’s not going to be available - period - never mind for spare junk.

Don’t get me wrong I like Gallagher but with a foundation piece like Nurse we need to be very careful. For all the talk of ‘Edmonton can’t afford Nurse long term’, people don’t seem to factor in that Gallagher is going to want twice what he’s making now in two short years. We have much more control over Nurse.
Great strides so what, you can say the same about Gallagher. 30 goals scorers get paid because they are valuable. BS Nurse not available, the only player on edm that’s untouchable is 97. Any gm worth a grain of salt would move just about anyone if it made the team better.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
isnt his season over ayways?

Anyways as for the OP, Id much rather keep Lek. He is so good in most aspects of the game that The Habs can wait for his offence to come around. Even if it doesnt he is more valuable than Puj

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Dale Weise vs Finnish Weise

WeiseJP.JPG

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yeah, no. We’re not dealing Puljujarvi and a 2nd, never mind +, to move up 10-15 spots. That has no bearing in reality.

You have nothing that you’d move that is worth considering. Funny how most of you were against moving Lekhonen until he went ice cold. Guy has one goal and 5 points since Christmas - and one assist in his last ten games - and all of a sudden you’re all fine with it. Predictable.
And JP has what in that same time Period.:laugh::laugh:

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

yup, different player, same nonsense.....

That pick needs to be your first rounder, then. Hudon has no value whatsoever.

you have been around long enough to know that is simply not going to happen. At this point it will be a swap of problem prospects at best.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That says it all! You can only throw out potential for so long and frankly that train has left the station. It’s yak 2.0 when it comes to the Finnish weise. The only way the oil are getting a first for pulj is if Chia lands another gm job before Monday.

Puljujarvi is just 20 years old. If we are having the same conversation at 23 or 24... I think we can call him a bust.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Puljujarvi is just 20 years old. If we are having the same conversation at 23 or 24... I think we can call him a bust.
3 years as a pro with little or no progress is on the cusp of bust. No team, not even edm is going to wait another 3 years before cutting loses. Prospects, even 4th overalls get pushed aside because new kids keep coming. Heck, edm was only willing to invest 4 years in a number one overall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad