Edmonton media lobbying hard for Keith Gretzky to become GM

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The one thing they seem to selectively forget is that he was part of the Wayne Gretzky led front office that drove the Coyotes into the ground before the NHL took them over.

No....just...no.

That Matheson tweet is head scratching.

'He can't be part of the old boys club because he's been doing these jobs for 20 years'

And

'hes a good candidate because he's a lot like the GM of another team that missed the playoffs and who's fan base has been calling for him to get fired'

Wierd weird tweet

dynasty3

Jul 13, 2007
I heard Paulina Gretzky is also being considered for a role in the organization as a Pro scout or in a player development role too....

Jeez, at least I hope the Oilers interview candidates and make the right choice for the sake of their fans. Four 1st round picks, one at 3 and one at 4, plus a couple others in the top 10 is absolutely embarrassing for any organization. Do something right for once for management and hiring.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Wayne lobbying hard behind the scenes with the old boyz club...give it 2 years and Keith will have billboards around Edmonton like Lowe did.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
They are an extension of the old boyz club in Edmonton...they covered them back when they were winning Cups.

Weirdly suspicious. It's like the organization itself went to these guys and asked them to plant the seed to soften the blow or get a gauge if h gets hired.

Also the people standing up for him all appear to be media men that are like 50 or older.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Nothing will change until all these 80's legends and brothers of 80's legends are dead.

And McDavid isn't going anywhere. The same day that McDavid does ask for a trade, KLowe, MacT, the Gretzkies, will visit him in person and bully Mcdavid into retracting his trade request. Then the Edmonton media will shame and guilt McDavid for turning his back on the organization and city.

Mcdavid is a lost cause, he will never win a Cup, just accept it and move on.

I would have to agree to that.

They have all the right pieces, but still don't manage to turn it into a real team. Old glory brings nothing but extra weight to their shoulders.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I am okay with Keith as GM if and only if they literally fire everyone else.

You do that, and you can make my dog the GM for all I care.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Just have a cow walk around on a mat of squares with different 'typical GM moves' on each one.

Whatever the shit falls on, go ahead and do that.

It'll be a more well run organization.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
lolno. The rare occasions when a reporter asks a moderately difficult question are when we get moments like this

Hey look, 6 years later and all of those clowns on stage are still employed.

That was a great question. Man he so got angry and defensive lol

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
lolno. The rare occasions when a reporter asks a moderately difficult question are when we get moments like this

Hey look, 6 years later and all of those clowns on stage are still employed.

W0w! what a **** show! :laugh: :laugh:

They remind me of the little rascals and how they would run a hockey team

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Almost all of Edmonton media are a bunch of moronic fools that toe the party line.

I would not classify Bob Stauffer as media at all. He is an oiler employee and is as far from being media as you or I.

Whatever these tools say do the exact opposite.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
How can anybody sane be okay with promoting Keith Gretzky to GM? He was in the room while all the stupid decisions of the last 3 years were happening. Are we to believe that as AGM that he had no input other than the draft? I really doubt that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad