Edmonton media lobbying hard for Keith Gretzky to become GM

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He will be named GM full time i have no doubt about. He is a Gretzky and its the Oilers... its gonna happen whether he has a good resume or not

Reactions: shello

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Probably the only thing that comes close to rivaling the Edmonton Oilers ineptitude is the predictability of that ineptitude.

Just the brother of the most recognizable Oiler ever, no way should he be considered part of an "old boys club" :facepalm:

You can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think this organization has it in them to do a full purge, even though it's needed. Not with the current owner.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Jim Matheson, I'm pretty sure longtime Oiler fans are much more tired of hearing the same **** than you are.

Reactions: CM4

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
This just furthers my belief that Katz actually hates the Oilers and is trying to destroy the team's past and future at the same time. If the entire fanbase hates "Gretzky" what more can he do to hurt it?

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Since the Edmonton media has been given the green light by the Oilers brass to lobby Keith Gretzky for the position then it's already a done deal. Just missing the official announcement now.

Those Edmonton media people are part of the same problem as the old boys club.

Last edited:
Reactions: shello

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lol this is f***ing embarrassing. It's as if no one else but Oiler alumni or their family members can possibly exist or be considered. Cheers to thinking outside the box. You better pray McDavid doesn't want out

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Weirdly suspicious. It's like the organization itself went to these guys and asked them to plant the seed to soften the blow or get a gauge if h gets hired.

Also the people standing up for him all appear to be media men that are like 50 or older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad