Edmonton..looks bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Leafs are 2nd in the league in GF/g, Edmonton is dead last
Leafs are 27th in GA/g, Edmonton is 23rd
One is quite a bit more laughable than the other, and unsurprisingly it was your stance

So you're admitting the Leafs have a worse defence/goaltending and allow more goals per game? Sounds good, not sure why you needed to make it so difficult.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
It's like some monkey paw wish BS. We used a wish to get McDavid and now the price has to be paid.
I mean you werent suppposed to pay the price this year his contract hasnt even kicked in i blame peter charelli cause the side pieces are too expensive ie russel and lucic

Reactions: Peanut

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
chiarelli is an awful GM.

They need to get rid of him ASAP so they dont waste the years they have McDavid.

Get a gm in there with a proper vision and plan to make a team that can win a cup in 2017.

Someone call Doc Brown, we're going to need a time machine. Can he run a hockey team though?

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
I'm sure you've said that at least 4 times in the past 10 years. But hey, 30th isn't last anymore, so you have that going for you.

I'm sure we don't want to get into comparing histories and successes over the last 50 years. But hey throwing stones in glass houses seems to be your kinda thing!

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Every thread on this forum seems to end up about the Leafs. For a team you all hate and trash on, you folks sure love talking about them a lot.

Embrace the hate as I say...but this thread is just entertainment.

Carry on.

Reactions: FieldOfDreams

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Edmonton can be a cup team relatively soon, but I can't take them seriously as a cup threat with that clown behind the bench.

Of course, worst head coaches have won a cup before, like Randy Carlyle, Dan Bylsma and Bob Hartley, but T-Mac is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. Right up there with Boudreau. Dude is always handed great rosters, which is why his teams do well, not the other way around.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think Edmonton can be a cup team relatively soon, but I can't take them seriously as a cup threat with that clown behind the bench.

Of course, worst head coaches have won a cup before, like Randy Carlyle, Dan Bylsma and Bob Hartley, but T-Mac is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. Right up there with Boudreau. Dude is always handed great rosters, which is why his teams do well, not the other way around.

Yeah, the guy has never not been gifted multiple superstars. Even as an assistant coach in Detroit, he had Lidstrom/Dats/Zet. Then he goes to San Jose and has Thornton Marleau Boyle then gets Heatley then loses Heatley and gets Burns

The best thing he ever did for the Sharks wasn't converting Burns to a defenseman when he was on the Houston Aeros lol. Even in the AHL he had a future Norris defenseman on his roster!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, the guy has never not been gifted multiple superstars. Even as an assistant coach in Detroit, he had Lidstrom/Dats/Zet. Then he goes to San Jose and has Thornton Marleau Boyle then gets Heatley then loses Heatley and gets Burns

The best thing he ever did for the Sharks wasn't converting Burns to a defenseman when he was on the Houston Aeros lol. Even in the AHL he had a future Norris defenseman on his roster!
I used to get a lot of shit for slagging McLellan when he coached the Sharks. I don't blame him for the Sharks missing the playoffs in his last season either, I think a change was just needed. He really should have bit the bullet after the LA series in 2014, but I believe Doug brought him back to give himself another life. Because if he fires Todd after that series, and the Sharks still miss the playoffs the next year with a new coach? That might have been the death knell for Doug. Bringing back Todd McLellan after that, gave him a second wind.

The problem with coaches like McLellan and Boudreau, is that they get so highly spoken of, when they're really just average (at best) head coaches, that luck into strong rosters. But with how much they get talked up by fans and the media, they want you to believe that the guys that play for them are products of these coaches, and not that these coaches are products of those players.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad