Eklund Rumor: Edmonton having discussions with at least two teams about Kris Russell

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There are people willing to pay to take that contract?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He’s got two years after this one, a 4 million dollar price tag, a full NMC, and doesn’t like being far from the Prairies.

He’s also been pretty good the last couple years. Shouldn’t be more than a 5, and should absolutely be on his natural left side, but he’s not useless and not a cap dump. Coaches and teammates love the guy.

Putting everything together... Vancouver? Seems like a Jim Benning guy.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would have to be 50% retention to deal him for any value.

Russell is far from the problem here and has been pretty good for two years. Agreed he’s overpaid and Edmonton would and could retain. Lots of LHD coming too. Columbus does make sense, though. Wonder how badly Murray is hurt.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Rubi and posting in a thread about the Oilers. Name a better duo.

Maybe me posting about Rubi posting. :sarcasm:
Well since I'm a Flames fan and the Oilers are in the same division as the Flames why wouldn't I? I also post in threads about lots of other teams in the Pacific Division/Western conference.

I'm also quite familiar with Russell since he played for Calgary from 2013-2016 so I know exactly what a 31 year old Russell brings to the table.

You seem to have a real obsession with me. Get over it. Its not healthy.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Well since I'm a Flames fan and the Oilers are in the same division as the Flames why wouldn't I? I also post in threads about lots of other teams in the Pacific Division/Western conference.

I'm also quite familiar with Russell since he played for Calgary from 2013-2016 so I know exactly what a 31 year old Russell brings to the table.

You seem to have a real obsession with me. Get over it. Its not healthy.

We love you too, Rubi.

Reactions: RattsSSV and Rubi

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The best fit for Russell would be a team that's strong in possession (>50%) and has two top 4LD, and three top six RD, so Russell can slot in as the #6 guy on the left side. this team also needs cap room.

Working backwards from that, the Avs could be a fit. They've got some RD in Johnson and Barrie, some LD in Girard and Zadorov, and are probably going to move on from Nemeth. They also have some cap room. With Makar also being a RD, there's no conflict there.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I can see Russel at 50% for a 3rd round pick, or something like that. Not sure who would take him though. He's a bottom pairing dman making 4 million with more years left in that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad