Edmonton Football Team 2020 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I had no idea BC high schools play with NFL rules
The other thing that blew me away was how Fleming really knew nothing about the CFL when going through the draft.

Another neat tidbit was how the NFL had the NCAA change their rules on kicking. In College they were able to use 2 inch tees, but the NFL didn't allow it. NFL realized guys couldn't kick when be drafted from the NCAA so instead of changing their rule they had the NCAA change theirs. He mentioned how that was one of the reasons he had an issue when trying out the first time in the NFL. The one inch tee in the CFL that he was using didn't help when going to the NFL. One would think that considering people like things like scoring and long field goals, that the NFL would allow it.

Reactions: oilers'72

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
So, the president of the club is unaware of bonuses that must be paid. One more reason I believe Lelacheur is incompetent, and one of the main reasons our team was a laughing stock for so many years. Seems he's brought that brand of cluelessness to the Lions as well.

Almost unbelievable isn't it?

The biggest contract on the team, a mammoth (for the CFL) deal worth 750K a year and the President doesn't know the terms of the deal or how much is guaranteed money? Like you say, is it coincidence that when Lelacheur took over in Edmonton the EE fortunes started to decline.

As for Ed Hervey, well I guess I've stated my opinion on him before.

A few years ago we said that Reilly might regret leaving the good ship Eskimo for the chaos and confusion of the Lions organization and it looks like it didn't take him too long to discover how good he had it. As bad as the Esks organization has been, I am pretty sure that management knows what the contracts look like.

Well, I suppose Reilly is now a free agent given that the terms of the deal look like they have been violated.

This story reminds me of the Doug Flutie- Larry Ryckman contract feud from the 90's. The league didn't really understand the terms of their "private services" deal and IIRC Flutie never got paid? Ryckman took shelter somewhere in Arizona with Elvis and Jim Morrison.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Edmonton Eskies, which could mean almost anything right? The we can keep the EE on the helmet! After all what is an Ook? o_O
That would be rich if they did that. I imagine Obed would be on the blower in about 5 minutes bitching about it. But I don't think he or Iveson, or any of the other SJW's would have a case to stand on. Matter of fact, I like it!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The Good
  • Multiple back to backs
  • 3 games against all divisional foes should really help let the cream rise to the top in the West and fix tiebreaker scenarios
  • Nice early schedule for rivals to help market early season games

The Bad
  • Calgary gets a bye again before the Labour Day series
  • Final two home games of the season are against Toronto and Hamilton (poor marketing opportunity)
  • No afternoon fall games (or even afternoon games at all)
  • The obligatory Thursday game, but at least it is in summer

The Ugly
  • 1 game at home between August 19th and October 9th (great way to use the marketability of Labour Day to disappear for a month before getting a home game vs. Hamilton).
  • This schedule won't happen anyways.

Last edited:

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Who do you believe was the bigger disappointment:

Shamawd Chambers or Jesse Lumsden?

Not strictly based on their Eskimo career, but their careers as a whole.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Can hardly wait to go to a game, sit in the stands and yell loudly along with everyone,"Go Edmonton Football Team, go! Go, Edmonton Football Team, go!!"

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Can hardly wait to go to a game, sit in the stands and yell loudly along with everyone,"Go Edmonton Football Team, go! Go, Edmonton Football Team, go!!"

That's offensive. You should cheer for both teams equally. You are a bad role model. ;)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Lumsden wasn't our draft pick, and was injured in his first game with us, so not much to go on as far as his time as an Eskimo. Chambers had his moments with us, but didn't live up to expectations.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Lumsden for sure. I expected Chambers to be a decent reciever and he carved out a bit of a career just not to his potential level. Lumsden showed potential to be dominant if healthy, but couldn't stay healthy and burned out too quickly.

That said, he carved out a nice career in bobsled after hanging up the cleats.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Relative to expectations, has to be Lumsden. He was supposed to be what Jon Cornish eventually did become. I don't think Chambers was ever billed as anything more than a number 3 or 4 receiver.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That's offensive. You should cheer for both teams equally. You are a bad role model. ;)

Plus everybody is equal, all contributions the same, winning is colonialist mindset to be replaced with rewarding competition. Thus, illogically, every participating team wins every game, every play no matter the gain the ball shall move back on own 50yd line to continue play, as disincentive to harmful and demeaning competition, and to effect no scoring in the game. In anycase scoreboards will be removed as they represent imperialist domination. Pigskin will be made of a vegetable derivative, preferably not carrots as they are too sensitive, pads not required as no hitting or contact in the game. Fans will cheer "go participation go" in the stands. Team names will be obsolete as they are adjunct control/possession oriented...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad