Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton@Florida March 17, 12pm Mountain

North

Jun 25, 2009

Another Series if afternoon back to backs, what could go wrong ;)

I can’t even say anything about the lines anymore. Todd clearly thinks on a higher level than everyone else.

Rattie on McDavid's wing rather than Puljujarvi or Slepyshev. :help:

It's almost like Todd is trying to get fired so he can collect the remainder of his salary hanging out in San Jose with his family.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I almost wrote earlier that if Lucic is demoted one day he'll probably be put with Pulju...

An early GDT this time, so thanks Hopelessoilerfan!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Todd liked Aberg so little...and likes our other wings so little, he calls up Rattie and right to McDavids line he goes.

Drai getting dropped down the lineup is kind of weird. He had a bad game, get immediately third lined. Lucic hasn't had a good game in months, still gets gravy top 6 lines. I don't forking get it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Drai has one bad game and is demoted. Meanwhile Lucic is just chilling in the top 6. I have had enough of the koala.
100% think it's also leading to rifts in the locker room through no fault of Lucic or the other players.

Lucic shits the bed constantly, which upsets teammates but they probably have his back and want him to get better even though its frustrating for them too. Then you see other players have a single rough shift or rough game and then thrown down the lineup and still NOTHING for Lucic? Bet the guys are starting to not like Lucic because of it.

Todd is destroying the team from the inside.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I want McPoints and then lose. I dont even care anymore. We aren't making the playoffs; If McD gets points and inches closer towards 2nd Art Ross, that's my season's victory.

Tmac is a POS and if every loss tightens the noose around him, then the more the better cuz eff that garbage

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Todd liked Aberg so little...and likes our other wings so little, he calls up Rattie and right to McDavids line he goes.

Drai getting dropped down the lineup is kind of weird. He had a bad game, get immediately third lined. Lucic hasn't had a good game in months, still gets gravy top 6 lines. I don't forking get it.

I wouldn't read too much into what order those lines are listed, and I certainly wouldn't call being given Strome as your center "gravy".

It's basically McDavid's line, whatever my cat puked up for the next two lines, and then some semblance of a 4th line.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
100% think it's also leading to rifts in the locker room through no fault of Lucic or the other players.

Lucic ****s the bed constantly, which upsets teammates but they probably have his back and want him to get better even though its frustrating for them too. Then you see other players have a single rough shift or rough game and then thrown down the lineup and still NOTHING for Lucic? Bet the guys are starting to not like Lucic because of it.

Todd is destroying the team from the inside.

I dunno. For all we know, he could be another Ference. Remember all that mumbo jumbo about character, toughness, intimidation and sticking up for team? Well he sure hasn't shown any of that this season

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
must be getting his orders direct from chia..."todd give looch prime mins or your next job is selling bobby burgers " . im sure looch would rather be scratched than suit up right about now. taking tons of heat for his lack luster play

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Getting taken off Lucic's line is a promotion any way you look at it.
Im sure Drai would love this 'demotion'.

Haha good point. He's an offensive black hole. Worse than Eric Belanger at this point.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Florida is playing amazing hockey right now.
I'm 99.99% sure the Oilers will lose, so we can only hope for a couple of McPoints.

Reactions: frag2

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

There's really little difference between the 2nd and 3rd line, I'd bet Drai's line plays more minutes.

Todd must think we have enough winger depth to run 3 scoring lines with the huge addition of a career AHLer.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
There's really little difference between the 2nd and 3rd line, I'd bet Drai's line plays more minutes.

Todd must think we have enough winger depth to run 3 scoring lines with the huge addition of a career AHLer.
I bet Stauffer was just scared to tweet a lineup where Lucic was not in top 6.

There is no way Lucic-Strome-Pulju line gets more minutes than Caggiula-Drai-Slepy.

One can argue Pakarinen-Khaira-Kassian line gets more minutes than Looch-Strome-Pulju

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

There is no way Lucic-Strome-Pulju line gets more minutes than Caggiula-Drai-Slepy.

One can argue Pakarinen-Khaira-Kassian line gets more minutes than Looch-Strome-Pulju

Probably true considering Strome has elevated himself to both the top PP and PK units.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

You say there is no way but then we have a coach that thinks Letestu will make a difference during dying moments of a playoff game we were winning so...

Reactions: LTIR

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
RNH - McDavid - Strome
Slepyshev - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Khaira - Kassian

Gives McD and Drai some real wingers and puts Lucic in a place to succeed.

PLEASE TODD!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad