Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread 2.0: 7 - 5

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
My thoughts exactly. For a guy that age it must be terribly frustrating.

For those who say the EE might trade Reilly, well that will only happen when Jason Maas moves to the far side of the moon.
I was saying the only way acquiring Ray made sense was if Reilly was going the other way. I don’t think there is a chance in hell that it’s happening.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I was saying the only way acquiring Ray made sense was if Reilly was going the other way. I don’t think there is a chance in hell that it’s happening.

I dont think thats the only way it makes sense. A multi player deal involving Franklin and Ray is also possible. I get that both are UFA's at season end but it might be a way to the Esks to address other deficiencies before the season comes to a close. It also gives Toronto an opportunity to work out a contract with Franklin as well.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I dont think thats the only way it makes sense. A multi player deal involving Franklin and Ray is also possible. I get that both are UFA's at season end but it might be a way to the Esks to address other deficiencies before the season comes to a close.
A multi player deal is something else. My fear is a Franklin for Ray swap. It’s all speculation at this point. I’m just not a fan of bringing Ray back at this stage of his career. I think back to how many years Maas was gifted the back up job here, preventing us from developing a quarterback for when Ray was gone. I’d hate to see a similar type situation play out again with a 33 year old Reilly as the starter. To me it’s more palatable with a younger starter.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
We should just keep Franklin and trade Reilly. I hate to say it but Reilly is older and beat up.

How do u part with someone like Franklin ? So much potential.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nice to see the Redblacks win against the Riders...even nicer that it was in the last minute. :D

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I dont think thats the only way it makes sense. A multi player deal involving Franklin and Ray is also possible. I get that both are UFA's at season end but it might be a way to the Esks to address other deficiencies before the season comes to a close. It also gives Toronto an opportunity to work out a contract with Franklin as well.

The trade deadline has already passed, so there's no chance of any of this happening until the off season.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Fans went home not knowing what hit them.

I turned the game off without knowing and in disgust at a point in the game where the Riders were walking away with it. Riders were over two scores up when I turned it off.

I was already annoyed at losing an odds bet that Hamilton would beat Calgary. Hamilton did beat Calgary anywhere but the scoreline and due to a combination of inept coaching, inexplicable play calling and deplorable spotting of the ball. On at least a dozen plays including the one that cost the Ticats a potential TD the spot was 1=2yds short of where it should be. This was happening routinely with the Ticats being shortchanged. The Stamps were nothing in this game, I knew they would be, and the Ticats with help from officiating beat themselves.

Not sure what gets in the water in the fall but its always harder to Win out East late in the season than it is earlier in the season. The East clubs always seem to take forever to get their engines running and have the luxury to do that. In the West if you spend half the season tuning up you're dead in the water.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Just looking over the CFL play by play rundown. Heres where I thought the game was over. 29-20 for the Riders and they are on the 3yd line after Richardson heroically recovers a fumble on a 3rd down gamble and gains the first and goal to go. I figured the Riders of course would just hand the ball to Richardson and he'd pound it to the endzone. Inexplicably they followed it up with two incomplete passes and stalled, and kicked the FG. That's why I figured the game was 3 scores out of reach when I turned it off.

If I'm Richardson though I'm seriously wondering why I didn't get the ball after I saved the drive. That doesn't make any sense, and makes less sense in the fall when you want to establish the run.

Seems like whatever game I'm watching the play calling is inept. Ticats pass from 4yd line needing only one yd to get a firstdown. They make a long wide low percentage pass to try to get the TD. Then the Riders passing instead of running when they got a first down and 3 kicks at the cat from the 3 yd line. Its insane. Pound the ball in.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, a whole bunch of dropped passes and missed opportunities but just like last week I will take it.

Playoff time now, best to cross-over and take the potentially easier path. No way can we beat both Winnipeg and Calgary on the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->