Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta

This makes me feel better about our QB situation, now and in the future. I, like others, have ZERO faith in Kilgore and I don't understand why we re-signed him.

Yep, I’m really happy about this signing. The interesting thing is that a lot of people see Briscoe as the QB of the future yet Pipkin is two years younger.

If we can snag a WR like Tasker or Rhymes, I’ll be happy with things.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Good. I would have been so mad if they changed their name because a few people are spinning it like it's racist. I'm glad they are going to embrace the inuit culture. It'll make everyone more comfortable with the name.

I would come up with a third jersey and commission an innuit artist or group of innuit to design a logo for it. Of course running the idea by some groups before hand to see if they felt it appropriate.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Pipkin adds a mobile dynamic that Kilgore does not bring. He's a guy you can actually design certain packages around. Good signing.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Wrt the name-- it is nice to see common sense prevail. I doubt that this is the end of it but kudos to the Eskimos for taking a stance. I do like the idea of a jersey with a modern inuit symbol design. I think it would be a tremendous compliment to the people of the North.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Sorry but EE management has done a lot of work on this issue so clearly it matters to them. What should the yardstick be? How many inuit people should be offended before the name is changed? 5% 10%, 50% and if so how do you measure it? Do you have the equivalent of a regional plebiscite run by a football team?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
So we've now signed 4 guys from the Argonauts secondary...interesting strategy.

Still four months out and lots can happen, but unless we bring some recruits into camp that have an immediate impact, this looks like a roster that will be fighting tooth and nail just to make the playoffs, even with a coaching upgrade. Sunderlund still has plenty of work to do between now and June.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Pipkin adds a mobile dynamic that Kilgore does not bring. He's a guy you can actually design certain packages around. Good signing.

And when you throw in newcomer QB Bryan Scott, the EE will be going into camp with 6 arms (Harris, Kilgore, Williams, Briscoe, Pipkin, Scott) and there is no way you are going to get significant reps for that many guys (even in training camp where 5 is often too many) so I would say that at least 2 have to be pared from that list before you get to the pre-season.

Bizarre signing.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
There was a lot of justification for being upset at Maas and the organization.
IIRC he didnt like some of the anti Maas/Eskimo organization posts so he left.

Seems like a rather lame reason but c'est la vie.
That had nothing to do with it; just say in’.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
And when you throw in newcomer QB Bryan Scott, the EE will be going into camp with 6 arms (Harris, Kilgore, Williams, Briscoe, Pipkin, Scott) and there is no way you are going to get significant reps for that many guys (even in training camp where 5 is often too many) so I would say that at least 2 have to be pared from that list before you get to the pre-season.

Bizarre signing.

I would guess Kilgore and Williams might be on the chopping block. Kilgore is completely expendable as a superior veteran backup has now been signed. And any mobile QB packages that Williams might have seen the field on would presumably go to Pipkin now.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That had nothing to do with it; just say in’.

Totally fair.
You are obviously under no obligation to disclose why you dont want to post.

It sure does have its moments but ultimately I dont think that this place is that bad though. :nod:

Reactions: MoontoScott

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I would guess Kilgore and Williams might be on the chopping block. Kilgore is completely expendable as a superior veteran backup has now been signed. And any mobile QB packages that Williams might have seen the field on would presumably go to Pipkin now.

Yes, those are the 2 names I was thinking of.

Williams didn't show much when in he was in there (very limited sample size mind you) but it is still a mystery to me as to how he leap frogged Briscoe in late season and ended up on the field while our supposed QB of the future, Briscoe languished on the practice roster. I certainly won't miss Maas's bizarre roster decisions.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Totally fair.
You are obviously under no obligation to disclose why you dont want to post.

It sure does have its moments but ultimately I dont think that this place is that bad though. :nod:

Not that bad? Are you kidding me? People here flip out for the simplest of things. In fact, since 2014, I had accumulated over 400 people from HFOil on my ignore list because everyone was just being annoying and having a baby temper tantrum over the dumbest things. Because we are finally winning and we are seeing a big turn around now, I un-blocked some of those people, but it's still pretty bad.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not that bad? Are you kidding me? People here flip out for the simplest of things. In fact, since 2014, I had accumulated over 400 people from HFOil on my ignore list because everyone was just being annoying and having a baby temper tantrum over the dumbest things. Because we are finally winning and we are seeing a big turn around now, I un-blocked some of those people, but it's still pretty bad.

To be fair I said that this place does have its moments. :nod:
I have a couple of posters on ignore too which definitely makes this place more enjoyable.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

To be fair I said that this place does have its moments. :nod:
I have a couple of posters on ignore too which definitely makes this place more enjoyable.

I'm surprised you guys can see my GDTs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad