Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Wow...Davis has been lights out for the RedBlacks so far this season.
Didnt see that coming.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Riders deserved a better fate tonight IMO. Some pretty bogus officiating led to Ottawa getting an extra field goal and Sask being robbed of the chance to attempt one. Plus two fumbles in their own end (their own fault on those of course).

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Pressure is the key IMO. Reilly doesnt have a quick release so if the front 7 can pressure him the Esks should win.

Yeah I agree. With Orange and Unamba out the secondary is a huge concern, and I'm not holding my breath on great coverage tomorrow. Blitzing is likely our best chance to contain him.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The guy who had 0 TDS and 4 interceptions last week?

It was his first game but unless you just look at stats and dont watch the game you had to notice the obvious tool set.

He was 30 of 39 for 354 yds along with 3 TD's and zero Ints today.

Nice turnaround in his game stats.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It e=was his first game but unless you just look at stats and dont watch the game you had to notice the obvious tool set.

He was 30 of 39 for 354 yds along with 3 TD's and zero Ints today.

Nice turnaround in his game stats.
I agree with you, he was very good today, but he also had a rough first start this year.

He has a very good toolset at his disposal.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree with you, he was very good today, but he also had a rough first start this year.

He has a very good toolset at his disposal.

He completed 65% of his passes for 276 yards in that first game. Yes there were 4 picks but he still played the entire game and won the game. He is learning and there was a lot to learn from in that game.
A very green QB for sure but moving forward I am betting on him to be a difference maker.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Its a good thing for that Ottawa franchise after having lost Harris.

Say, in looking at that Ottawa crowd tonight, have they outdrawn us in terms of home attendance? Strange days indeed.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
He completed 65% of his passes for 276 yards in that first game. Yes there were 4 picks but he still played the entire game and won the game. He is learning and there was a lot to learn from in that game.
A very green QB for sure but moving forward I am betting on him to be a difference maker.

Indeed, if there's such a thing as a good 4-INT game, Davis had it in week 1. I was more surprised by the play of Cody Fajardo tonight. Looks every bit as good as Zach Collaros has been in recent history.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Indeed, if there's such a thing as a good 4-INT game, Davis had it in week 1. I was more surprised by the play of Cody Fajardo tonight. Looks every bit as good as Zach Collaros has been in recent history.

For sure. Fajardo had a great game.
With Harris gone and Collaros hurt I never in a million years expected those 2 teams with 2 rookie QB's to score a combined 85 points.

Very impressive and very good for the League.

Curious to see how Franklin looks.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
For sure. Fajardo had a great game.
With Harris gone and Collaros hurt I never in a million years expected those 2 teams with 2 rookie QB's to score a combined 85 points.

Very impressive and very good for the League.

The over/under got as low as 43.5 at one point. They almost had that many in the second quarter alone. These were the last two teams in the world I expected offensive explosions out of (well ok, second last after Montreal).

Reactions: guymez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Possibly the only perk from the Eskimos missing the playoffs in '18 was that the cost of the playoff game ticket we paid for carried over as a credit to this season. That's how.

Just a word and a bit as a response to all of that: K-Bye!

No need to get snippy about it. Nobody would know that except the very rare Esks STH. Wasn't aware of it. So are you saying one playoff ticket home date is considered a throw in on the pricing? It doesn't say this anywhere that I can see on the Esks site.

But if any discussion is too much for you K-Bye

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No need to get snippy about it. Nobody would know that except the very rare Esks STH. Wasn't aware of it. So are you saying one playoff ticket home date is considered a throw in on the pricing? It doesn't say this anywhere that I can see on the Esks site.

But if any discussion is too much for you K-Bye

No, it's just that we pay for the playoff ticket in advance of the season. So in seasons like last year (and almost every year since 2005), we get reimbursed that value against the next season's tickets. Not sure why there was that much crankiness in the answer though, but the whole thing was kind of a silly semantical argument as it's pretty close to $300 on either side of the debate.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Trying the Sluice Juice?? I would but I'm taking my daughter so may need to settle for Coors Edge.

What is sluice Juice? I’m intrigued.

Not sure how one can afford to do that given stadium brew pricing. Hopefully you at least pre-drink.

Yep I’ll have some beers with the guys before hand. The 600 step walk to get liquor is almost as bad as the prices.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
How come this post gets to stay but my Jim Morrison quote got axed by the mods? Can I throw the challenge flag?
Ummm

651few.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->