Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v2

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The variables should be in favour of BLM. The Stamps aren’t a 4-14 team, they have better schemes and coaching, and their offensive line is still better than what the Esks had that year.

Again...I think you are oversimplifying this.
Ultimately I really dont care enough if some people dont want to give BLM his due.
Thats fine by me.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Again...I think you are oversimplifying this.
Ultimately I really dont care enough if some people dont want to give BLM his due.
Thats fine by me.

What am I oversimplifying? I didn’t say he’s a bad QB. I said he’s an overrated QB.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
What am I oversimplifying? I didn’t say he’s a bad QB. I said he’s an overrated QB.

Thats fine...you are entitled to that.
I just suggested that history paints a different story and I just dont care enough to argue the point.
Nothing personal. :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Interesting that the Esks rolled up 607 yards of total offence against the Als.

The Esks never had 600+ yards of offence during the Reilly era. Not once.

Not a bad debut for this rebuilt offence under Harris. :nod:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Interesting that the Esks rolled up 607 yards of total offence against the Als.

The Esks never had 600+ yards of offence during the Reilly era. Not once.

Not a bad debut for this rebuilt offence under Harris. :nod:

It's starting to really bug me that it seems like they ran this long bomb offense just to placate certain players on the team last year.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's starting to really bug me that it seems like they ran this long bomb offense just to placate certain players on the team last year.

I actually think that offence suits Reillys game to a T. Its a gunslinger offence...high risk...high reward and he is the perfect QB to run it.
I just dont think you can win consistently with that offence.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I predict the next President & CEO for the esks is going to be Victor Cui.

you heard it here first.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Guy that runs One Championship fighting.

Is originally from Edmonton, but that MMA venture of his is quite lucrative. Seems kind of a step backwards for him to come to the CFL.
Why can't they find an ex football player with lots of business smarts and no it doesn't need to be Fleming.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
On a somewhat unrelated note, is anybody else having trouble on this site with the annoying ads that keep covering up the content? To the the technically proficient younger generation, is there a quick fix?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
That has to be a joke. Makes no sense on a number of levels.

why? he's way more qualified than Rhodes was.

did you actually read the job description? it's a heck of a lot more than just being a football guy. in fact he doesn't have to know anything about football.

https://optimumtalent.com/opportuni...utive-officer-edmonton-eskimos-football-club/

you have a very successful, young, person of colour. you'd rather have another old white man who interfered in things he knew nothing about?

and he may be a guy that wants his kids to grow up with a good sense of their Canadian identity and also perhaps be close to aging parents.

we'll soon see, as it won't be too long now until the position is filled.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

did you actually read the job description? it's a heck of a lot more than just being a football guy. in fact he doesn't have to know anything about football.

President & Chief Executive Officer - Edmonton Eskimos Football Club ⋆ Optimum Talent

you have a very successful, young, person of colour. you'd rather have another old white man who interfered in things he knew nothing about?

and he may be a guy that wants his kids to grow up with a good sense of their Canadian identity and also perhaps be close to aging parents.

I dont understand what race has to do with this. Does the color of his skin mean he brings more value to the position?
You're better than this Bro....I am sure you meant something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoontoScott

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

https://optimumtalent.com/opportuni...utive-officer-edmonton-eskimos-football-club/

I don't understand your "old white man" comment and I don't see what the job has to do with race or religion. If anything, your comment sounds racially biased and not the comment that you were responding to.

Reactions: oilers'72

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

I completely agree with you, but Cui has a lucrative situation with ONE FC that I doubt he is leaving any time soon, especially for a rinky dink operation where "winning isn't everything".

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Is this just you making a guess or do you have some intel. Doesn't appear that he has even lived in Canada for some time and seems fairly well set up in his current role so I'm not sure why he'd come back. Apparently he is a fan though as he was cheering for them during the Grey Cup 2015 on Twitter.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
the comment about him being a person of colour was to note he likely would bring a different point of view and bring a different and needed perspective that the team and league could use.
no more and no less.

and sorry you and moontoscott think the old white man jibe is racist. could have been worded differently but so what? companies and sports teams need more qualified people who represent the diversity we live in.

maybe if you guys asked me to clarify what I was saying instead of immediately seizing something to go into attack mode with, I could have made that clear.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Is this just you making a guess or do you have some intel. Doesn't appear that he has even lived in Canada for some time and seems fairly well set up in his current role so I'm not sure why he'd come back. Apparently he is a fan though as he was cheering for them during the Grey Cup 2015 on Twitter.

have some intel, but I know that's worth nothing as anyone can claim to have inside info.
thought I'd come back to post it, and then if it's proved to be right, I could likely trust the source for future information.

I'm human, and admit to enjoying possibly knowing something before anyone else. guess I'm sort of like Dreger or someone throwing stuff at the wall and hoping he looks smart down the road.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
have some intel, but I know that's worth nothing as anyone can claim to have inside info.
thought I'd come back to post it, and then if it's proved to be right, I could likely trust the source for future information.

I'm human, and admit to enjoying possibly knowing something before anyone else. guess I'm sort of like Dreger or someone throwing stuff at the wall and hoping he looks smart down the road.

Well thanks for sharing. Sounds qualified to do the job, maybe familiar partially with Eskimos history as he worked with Lelacheur on Edmonton 2001 so there may be some traction here.

If so he's doing it it must be to come back home and at the same time build some variety in his resume as he's already part of a more successful enterprise (globally) than what he'd be coming to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad