Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The EE didn't get out-scooped, they weren't looking in the first place. If Claybrooks had showed up at the EE office offering to work for free he wouldn't have got an interview.

The 2019 season is going to start for the EE just as it did for the Oilers in 2018: a lot of tension, pressure and anxiety. The coach should have been replaced in the off season but we just didn't want to do it. OBC rules. Len grabs another hot dog and tells some jokes.

The "Fire Maas" thread will be humming- oh wait, only 6 guys ever post here--well anyway it won't be long before all 6 guys want him gone.

I’m pretty sure all 6 of us on here want him gone, as well as others who pop in from time to time. The only one who really advocated for him is no longer posting here.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I’m pretty sure all 6 of us on here want him gone, as well as others who pop in from time to time. The only one who really advocated for him is no longer posting here.
I wonder if he’s a board member. It was when we started criticizing the board that he left.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I wonder if he’s a board member. It was when we started criticizing the board that he left.
he still posts all the time on CP and on rider fans. you'd think a board member would have less posting time as they have to run their own businesses.
I think he was more of the esks management version of a puck bunny.
he was always skulking around the team but said he doesn't work for them.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
he still posts all the time on CP and on rider fans. you'd think a board member would have less posting time as they have to run their own businesses.
I think he was more of the esks management version of a puck bunny.
he was always skulking around the team but said he doesn't work for them.

:laugh: I doubt he would have got much action around the Esk's clubhouse.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Never agreed with much of what Money said but theres no reason to denigrate a poster in their absence. Just a general comment to some of the posts occurring here. A reminder why I spend little time in this thread.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Never agreed with much of what Money said but theres no reason to denigrate a poster in their absence. Just a general comment to some of the posts occurring here. A reminder why I spend little time in this thread.

normally I agree, but he took some very personal shots at me that I still haven't forgotten. I'm allowing myself one petty post.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
normally I agree, but he took some very personal shots at me that I still haven't forgotten. I'm allowing myself one petty post as a retort.

My comment was not directed at you Gord. More the case the individuals that make such shots a habit. The question isn't why Money doesn't post here anymore its why any of us continue to expose ourselves to the verbal abuse.

That said, Money was one of those that would engage in shots, but would apologize for it if confronted and would refrain for awhile. Overall not great interaction exhibited in the thread and increasingly on this site. The natural response to that is people just leave.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will announce today that Orlondo Steinauer is their new head coach and that June Jones is moving to associate head coach and offensive coordinator, according to TSN Football Insider Dave Naylor.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will announce today that Orlondo Steinauer is their new head coach and that June Jones is moving to associate head coach and offensive coordinator, according to TSN Football Insider Dave Naylor.

June Jones did a great job in helping to turn the T-Cats around. His play calls are solid.

Reactions: guymez

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

No one is denigrating anyone, despite your protests. All we did was point out that he wanted Maas here, and no one could understand why. Take from that what you want, but to twist it into what you described it as is purely delusional and defensive. And your response just dismissed what Gord was saying and trivialized it.

As for spending little time on this thread, it was you that said before the season started that you weren't going to be posting here this year because you were so upset with the Eskimos organization, but that promise lasted all of a one game.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Some will say, a long time coming for Steinhauer. From all reports, as very stable and solid candidate.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
sucks that other teams are upgrading their coaching with quality candidates and we have Maas again.

Hamilton made a great move. it's awesome for them that June Jones was willing to step aside for a younger man to take the reins. he's going to kick butt being the just OC.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Good news for the EE, Bo Mitchell working out for the Vikings. I am pretty sure that he will sign somewhere in the NFL and play back-up for at least a couple of seasons down there.

Let's face it, its probably the only chance we have to beat the Stamps given the F-Troopers we have on the sidelines calling those clutch field goals on first downs.

Maybe we can flip Glenn to the Stamps and get a draft pick or something.

I wonder if Earl Edwards is still alive and kicking?

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Good news for the EE, Bo Mitchell working out for the Vikings. I am pretty sure that he will sign somewhere in the NFL and play back-up for at least a couple of seasons down there.

Let's face it, its probably the only chance we have to beat the Stamps given the F-Troopers we have on the sidelines calling those clutch field goals on first downs.

Maybe we can flip Glenn to the Stamps and get a draft pick or something.

I wonder if Earl Edwards is still alive and kicking?

You might think it’s a good thing until the Stamps end up signing Reilly for two years and the Esks end up with Glenn as the starter.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I don't think Reilly is going to play for the Stamps.

I'm honestly torn over Reilly. I love how much he's embraced the city of Edmonton and the memories that he gave us in 2015 (the West Final in CW comes to mind). But ever since Maas came on board, he's basically neutered him, and even worse, not expected him to be accountable for the abysmal offensive slumps that have cost this team tremendously - especially this year.

If it was any other QB at the helm, the lynch mob would be out in full force. Yet Reilly is hailed as a saint in these parts.

Not gonna lie, I'm almost at the point where I wouldn't mind trading him.

Oct 15, 2008
sucks that other teams are upgrading their coaching with quality candidates and we have Maas again.

Hamilton made a great move. it's awesome for them that June Jones was willing to step aside for a younger man to take the reins. he's going to kick butt being the just OC.
The Eskimos make the Oilers look like a stable, well run organization.

To think there was ever a day when both teams were the pinnacle of their respective leagues.... now they are both laughing stocks.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
June Jones did a great job in helping to turn the T-Cats around. His play calls are solid.
I don't really get what the change is to be honest. They both keep their co-ordinator roles, Jones is an associate coach.

Should people really expect much of a change in Hamilton?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm honestly torn over Reilly. I love how much he's embraced the city of Edmonton and the memories that he gave us in 2015 (the West Final in CW comes to mind). But ever since Maas came on board, he's basically neutered him, and even worse, not expected him to be accountable for the abysmal offensive slumps that have cost this team tremendously - especially this year.

If it was any other QB at the helm, the lynch mob would be out in full force. Yet Reilly is hailed as a saint in these parts.

That's because Reilly was MOP just a year ago. People sooner give him the benefit of the doubt, especially considering some of the play calls that have taken place.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

even with his slightly subpar play last season, he was still one of the best players in the league.
I 100% disagree with the idea of trading him.

let's say you're the GM and trade Reilly. who is your QB going to be? Jennings?

not to mention you lose reilly, I bet you lose a couple thousand more fans per game.
I'm giving up my seasons tickets already, but we lose Reilly, I for sure would not attend even one game as a casual attendee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->