Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v5

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So a couple weeks back Maryland announced they were retaining head coach DJ Durkin, only to fire him the next day after a massive amount of backlash and outrage. I wonder how many season ticket subscriptions cancelled will be enough to force the organization to reconsider and fire Maas? Us and another couple have tickets and I can confirm we are cancelling them. So that's 4....

That was a huge mess, if you know the backstory and the drama with everyone involved.

The Esks are a mess but it’s not on that level quite yet.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Maas isn't as bad as some make him out to be.
But he simply doesn’t compare to the best coaches in the league either. Why do so many people around the EE defend him. How can his all important decisions in last years western final and this year’s back breaking BC game be justified when you know that no coaches in the NFL or CFL would have acted in similar fashion? Don’t you need the best to win? Why should we settle on this guy a week after we’re done instead of at least exploring other options?

Reactions: Peanut Butter

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
The decision in BC isn't that hard to understand. Much better chance at forcing a 2 and out than recovering an inside kick...

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
That was a huge mess, if you know the backstory and the drama with everyone involved.

The Esks are a mess but it’s not on that level quite yet.

Different situations, but the point is public backlash rightfully resulted in a firing. This organization is completely tone-deaf. I'm not saying they should always capitulate to the fans...but if thousands of season ticket holders and many more fans in general want Maas fired, the decision is a no-brainer.

Maas isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

What strengths do you feel he has brought to the table?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The decision in BC isn't that hard to understand. Much better chance at forcing a 2 and out than recovering an inside kick...
But better chance of getting the td when you have the momentum then forcing a 2 and out and then kicking a last second field goal? Would any of Wally, DD, O’Shea or Jones have made the same move? All of these guys are clearly superior coaches.

Last edited:

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
But better chance of getting the td when you have the momentum then forcing a 2 and out and then kicking a last second field goal? Would any of Wally, DD, O’Shea or Jones have made the same move? All of these guys are clearly superior coaches.
There wouldnt be time to kick it deep to force that 2 n out

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What about the decision before that? He kicked a field goal on first down, presumably because he was concerned about the clock. By taking the field goal first you’re kind of obligated to do the short kick because you still need the touchdown. If you got the touchdown first maybe you can gamble on a two and out. The logic to kick the field goal first instead of going for the touchdown because you need both anyway only makes sense on third down. I’ve never seen another coach make that decision before.

Going back to the Western Final, two straight elimination games where he’s made a critical error. Again, we’re not talking about something that just didn’t go his way, we’re talking about something so senseless that nobody can offer up a defence for it. Bad enough he survived one of those moments, he’s now survived two. He’s the luckiest coach in football.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
which is why they're trying to lock people in for three years now.

EE3 - 3 Season Membership - Edmonton Eskimos

This is the most disgusting thing I've seen from this community org. Getting people to lock in at 3years. Lol. Sounds like what the Oilers do to their luxury customers.

Slogan is interesting as well. "Be the last to leave" You know, like that Saturday night party this is such a dog, everybody left early, but you're sticking around because its a good friend.

They should put question marks where the 3 players faces are if this offseason is anything like last season.

This being the first thing they do after announcing that the Triad of Maas, Sunderland, Rhodes are all back at the helm.

This org is seemingly interested in trolling its fanbase.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
so the esks fired a bunch of coaches.
maybe if the esks would have originally hired a head coach with more experience, they might have gotten someone who has built up a network and been able to put together a good coaching team.

I don't know if mass now has a network or developed the skills necessary to recognize and get talented coaches.
I just don't trust his judgement.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
so the esks fired a bunch of coaches.
maybe if the esks would have originally hired a head coach with more experience, they might have gotten someone who has built up a network and been able to put together a good coaching team.

I don't know if mass now has a network or developed the skills necessary to recognize and get talented coaches.
I just don't trust his judgement.
It reminds me of another organization in town that thought firing a few assistants would make the critical difference. As far as Maas goes I would rate all of Wally, DD, O’Shea, chris Jones and Campbell ahead of him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Classic dysfunctional org blaming, and firing of lower management as if they are responsible for the mess put forth by Rhodes, Sunderland, Maas, Benevides, who all somehow escape the axe.

Is there anybody that really buys this kind of whitewash?

This is an absolute clusterf*** season. That demonstrated everything wrong with the present people in charge. Who have highlighted their incompetence since the Hervey firing.
The Jones and Hervey departures signalled another downward fall for this org. Having those two was the clear halcyon moment, and not too curiously the GC peak. Been down hill since there.

Its divine comedy pathos to have the departed Hervey, in one season, put together a rags to playoffs team that actually was the team that beat the Eskimos in a playoff deciding game. Really its close to perfect implication of everything wrong here. But everything persists here.

The most unpleasant thing in this is probably any of those fired no full well what kind of incompetence they have seen here. To that end I wonder if its much more than eliminating witnesses and starting over fresh. Which is usually indicative of how rotten an org structure, is, that they need to flush lower management regularly. Or even higher management like Hervey who wasn't willing to play the role of yes man.

Oct 15, 2008

200w.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Haven't gone to a game since the Hervey firing. Jerseys sit in the closet, unloved, unworn that length of time. This being a product I used to love to watch, go to see, and at Glorious Commonwealth Stadium. But I would literally have bile coming up my throat trying to stomach the management of this org while Pitbull or some crap is the halftime entertainment intended to improve my fan experience.
About the only positive I can see in this season is it makes it easier to not give a f*** about this team and to wonder what FC Edmonton and the Canadian league will be like.

Can't help but think most fans are anything but absolutely disgusted with the esks org. To the degree I wonder if I even take in any of the Grey Cup festivities this time and how many Edmontonians will. Can't believe really its come to this point. used to be very involved.

What will the CFL even look like going forward with its former flagship team sunk to the bottom? I despise this presently run org so much I want Hervey and the Lions to win. How bad is that?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There’s zero reason to be interested in this team now. They’re a farce. How can Edmonton put up with two dumpster fire teams?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Haven't gone to a game since the Hervey firing. Jerseys sit in the closet, unloved, unworn that length of time. This being a product I used to love to watch, go to see, and at Glorious Commonwealth Stadium. But I would literally have bile coming up my throat trying to stomach the management of this org while Pitbull or some crap is the halftime entertainment intended to improve my fan experience.
About the only positive I can see in this season is it makes it easier to not give a **** about this team and to wonder what FC Edmonton and the Canadian league will be like.

Can't help but think most fans are anything but absolutely disgusted with the esks org. To the degree I wonder if I even take in any of the Grey Cup festivities this time and how many Edmontonians will. Can't believe really its come to this point. used to be very involved.

What will the CFL even look like going forward with its former flagship team sunk to the bottom? I despise this presently run org so much I want Hervey and the Lions to win. How bad is that?
I keep forgetting the Grey Cup is even here and couldn't care less that it is...the die-hard will be there but the majority in this town don't give 2 squirts about the festivities IMO

go Lions

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I keep forgetting the Grey Cup is even here and couldn't care less that it is...the die-hard will be there but the majority in this town don't give 2 squirts about the festivities IMO

go Lions

I'm also cheering for Hervey and the Lions.
I also want him to take the low road after every win and take more shots at Rhodes.

I'd love it if the Lions made the cup and a group of their fans purchased the billboard by the stadium to thank Rhodes.

Reactions: bone and TB12

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I'm also cheering for Hervey and the Lions.
I also want him to take the low road after every win and take more shots at Rhodes.

I'd love it if the Lions made the cup and a group of their fans purchased the billboard by the stadium to thank Rhodes.

Lions vs Riders GC would almost be poetic. LOL.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lions vs Riders GC would almost be poetic. LOL.

That would be perfect wouldn't it?

I'm cheering for both anyway. I can't be mad. Those are good football people that went elsewhere and I think are probably glad it turned out the way it did.

That said, I prefer Hervey's location to Jones...

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
This is the most disgusting thing I've seen from this community org. Getting people to lock in at 3years. Lol. Sounds like what the Oilers do to their luxury customers.

Slogan is interesting as well. "Be the last to leave" You know, like that Saturday night party this is such a dog, everybody left early, but you're sticking around because its a good friend.

They should put question marks where the 3 players faces are if this offseason is anything like last season.

This being the first thing they do after announcing that the Triad of Maas, Sunderland, Rhodes are all back at the helm.

This org is seemingly interested in trolling its fanbase.
For the record this option was released a long time ago. Still is a stupid idea since they don’t even lock in the prices, but this wasn’t just released post-Maas announcement.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
For the record this option was released a long time ago. Still is a stupid idea since they don’t even lock in the prices, but this wasn’t just released post-Maas announcement.

They don't even lock in the pricing? Really?! Why do we support these clowns?

I'd argue that's predatory at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad