Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v4

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If we brought 7 man blitzes against the panicky Matt Nichols, is there any chance he steps up in the pocket and exploits it? I wouldn't bet on it. But unfortunately I also wouldn't bet on Benefeces bringing more than 4 with any sort of frequency. Most likely more of the deep zone looks. Nichols will be forced to check down to Harris a lot I suspect, but the question is can our linebacking corps keep him under wraps? Probably my biggest concern on that side of the ball. Konar lacks the speed to seal the edge, and Edwards couldn't tackle an old woman walking home with her groceries. I'm actually interested to see how they approach this, sliding Grymes up to spy Harris would be my opening move and then see what happens.

I really hope the rinky dink Maciocia crap is shelved. If there is one secondary in the league (outside of Toronto or Montreal) that I would actually be okay with testing with the deep ball, it's this one. Winnipeg doesn't have the personnel to keep Williams locked down.

Hit Nichols a few times in a game and its over. I would even take a couple roughing majors to get in his head. I'm unscrupulous at times though. ;)

Reactions: The Batman

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If we brought 7 man blitzes against the panicky Matt Nichols, is there any chance he steps up in the pocket and exploits it? I wouldn't bet on it. But unfortunately I also wouldn't bet on Benefeces bringing more than 4 with any sort of frequency. Most likely more of the deep zone looks. Nichols will be forced to check down to Harris a lot I suspect, but the question is can our linebacking corps keep him under wraps? Probably my biggest concern on that side of the ball. Konar lacks the speed to seal the edge, and Edwards couldn't tackle an old woman walking home with her groceries. I'm actually interested to see how they approach this, sliding Grymes up to spy Harris would be my opening move and then see what happens.

I really hope the rinky dink Maciocia crap is shelved. If there is one secondary in the league (outside of Toronto or Montreal) that I would actually be okay with testing with the deep ball, it's this one. Winnipeg doesn't have the personnel to keep Williams locked down.
If Nichols sees 7 esks cross the line of scrimmage he will drop into the fetal position and give up the sack

Reactions: The Batman

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kind of a random comment here, and which i'm known for, but September 30, 2017 was the date of the attack around Commonwealth stadium and DT that took place during a game between the Edmonton Eskimos and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. So a year later, on same identical date, same teams competing, For anybody that was involved or hurt in the incident this is a bit trauma insensitive of the CFL to do this.
Albeit I would assume, or like to, that they will acknowledge what had occurred 1yr ago near the stadium. Did the CFL do this intentionally consulting both clubs to have a game involving same teams on the anniversary? Just wondering more than anything.

Are you serious? You actually think the league should and would subconsciously search out another date to avoid having a game fall on the same date as a previous year’s violent act? In a world full of them?:help:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Are you serious? You actually think the league should and would subconsciously search out another date to avoid having a game fall on the same date as a previous year’s violent act? In a world full of them?:help:

I trusted that you'd have this reply. Thus the way I worded the above post as a "kind of" "just wondering" narrative.

Good of you to get the whacamole hammer out anyway...;)

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Not to mention today is September 29th.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I heard he “might” be back for the last regular season game or the playoffs if we make it.

I think they make the playoffs.
They wont win without Walker though....he makes Duke a better receiver and makes this offense more effective.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good news for the Esks.

Lions getting Bombed. Jennings with 3 picks, zero TD's, 146 passing yds and the game nearly over.

if Lulay was healthy I wonder if would even get in playoffs but good ol Jennings can't do jack shit so life is good. 3pts generated in the first 50mins of the game by Jennings. unless we're talking pts against..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad