Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v4

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Esks brought Brandyn Thompson back to the PR today.

It sucked he got hurt i thought he was our best DB. Even if he's not quite as quick i feel he could be an upgrade on Edwards, who's really let me down, as a LB.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Its great news to hear that a healthy Thompson is back with the club.

It would be nice if we could start another Canadian at an offensive line position thereby freeing up an import spot at safety where Thompson could play. His tackling skills would be most welcome at that position and he has the versatility to play anywhere in the defensive backfield.

That's probably not going to happen so perhaps Thompson steps in at the SAM spot. That would also be an upgrade.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Tyrell Sutton to the Leos is a very good move by the Lions. A pounding punishing runner who can block. B.C. is going to be a real problem for anyone they play.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Public Service Announcement: It's $5 beer night at Commonwealth on Saturday, so get those livers tuned up boys!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My living room is quite cozy and the beers are very cold. And if the game is a stinker, I have a selection of other programs to tune into.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Public Service Announcement: It's $5 beer night at Commonwealth on Saturday, so get those livers tuned up boys!

This would be every reason not to show up. The only thing worse would be if this was a happy hours Riders game.

Its going to be interesting to see if the Esks actually manage to lose to Matt Nichols. If so, people might be chucking those beers.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This would be every reason not to show up. The only thing worse would be if this was a happy hours Riders game.

Its going to be interesting to see if the Esks actually manage to lose to Matt Nichols. If so, people might be chucking those beers.
Nobody is throwing their beers. Turning into violent drunken monsters, sure, but nobody is throwing their beers.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Nichols will probably get hurt running away from the beers

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

If this team manages to lose to Matt Nichols with a playoff spot hanging in the balance I'm going to vomit. Some will say it was from the 12 beers I drank, but I'll know the real reason.

I'm optimistic for this one. Winnipeg's secondary is a weak spot, and we have the personnel to exploit it. I think the Bombers will rack up some yards as well, as their conservative play calling might actually help them against our even-more-conservative deep zone scheming. Harris should see plenty of swings and screens out of the back field with open field in front of him. But hopefully we can stiffen up in the redzone like we did last week and force a Nichols turnover or two just when the Bombers can smell paydirt. I think we pull this out, 34-24.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If this team manages to lose to Matt Nichols with a playoff spot hanging in the balance I'm going to vomit. Some will say it was from the 12 beers I drank, but I'll know the real reason.

I'm optimistic for this one. Winnipeg's secondary is a weak spot, and we have the personnel to exploit it. I think the Bombers will rack up some yards as well, as their conservative play calling might actually help them against our even-more-conservative deep zone scheming. Harris should see plenty of swings and screens out of the back field with open field in front of him. But hopefully we can stiffen up in the redzone like we did last week and force a Nichols turnover or two just when the Bombers can smell paydirt. I think we pull this out, 34-24.

Something tells me you'd vomit because of how much lighter your wallet would be after a loss. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I did my vomiting early in February when I fully realized what kind of club Blunderland was putting together and that he's reporting to Rhodes Scholar.

What has occurred with the Esks org is an absolute shame. From a high in 2015 to what this team and org have become in a GC hosting year.

In retrospect I was the only one having the gag reflex at the time but Blunderland saying the team would be in the Grey, cup, to trust him, just put me over the top. The actual events unfolding seems almost secondary as I pretty much already had an idea where this club was headed with this type of lineup.

As little as 2yrs ago I was going to games and now you wouldn't be able to drag me to sit there and watch this org lay an egg on the field.

Sunderland doesn't say boo either about whats going on. Is he even around? Theres zero accountability with management, how wouldn't that attitude spread to the players?

"Theres more things than winning" How would players actually feel about a pro sports org stating that? That its not a results based business. Just go out and smile and wave to the fans.

f*** I'm sarcastic. ;)

Reactions: MessierII

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I did my vomiting early in February when I fully realized what kind of club Blunderland was putting together and that he's reporting to Rhodes Scholar.

What has occurred with the Esks org is an absolute shame. From a high in 2015 to what this team and org have become in a GC hosting year.

In retrospect I was the only one having the gag reflex at the time but Blunderland saying the team would be in the Grey, cup, to trust him, just put me over the top. The actual events unfolding seems almost secondary as I pretty much already had an idea where this club was headed with this type of lineup.

As little as 2yrs ago I was going to games and now you wouldn't be able to drag me to sit there and watch this org lay an egg on the field.

Sunderland doesn't say boo either about whats going on. Is he even around? Theres zero accountability with management, how wouldn't that attitude spread to the players?

"Theres more things than winning" How would players actually feel about a pro sports org stating that? That its not a results based business. Just go out and smile and wave to the fans.

**** I'm sarcastic. ;)

Have you ever had a nice word to say about anybody in the Eskimo organization--past or present?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
My living room is quite cozy and the beers are very cold. And if the game is a stinker, I have a selection of other programs to tune into.
So what time should I show up?
did they give specifics? is it just crappy draft? with Rhodes, it will probably be served in smaller cups than usual.
End up making more money on the draft then usual. I'd be for that. At least we'd know Rhodes is good for something

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
So what time should I show up?
End up making more money on the draft then usual. I'd be for that. At least we'd know Rhodes is good for something

just like teams have premium game ticket pricing, I would LOVE Rhodes if he did something like that for beer, too.

Every Rider game, Pilsner is sold with premium pricing at an extra $1 per beer.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
did they give specifics? is it just crappy draft? with Rhodes, it will probably be served in smaller cups than usual.

Haven't heard specifics. I'm gonna be cheesed if it's just Canadian, which I cannot stand.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

While you're at the game, could you please advise our OC to remove the rinky dink 2 yard passes from our playbook? Or at least limit them to 3-4 times/game, and not an entire half as he did last game.

And while you're at it, perhaps advise the DC to throw the odd blitz in now and then, and mix them up in terms of who is being sent.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
While you're at the game, could you please advise our OC to remove the rinky dink 2 yard passes from our playbook? Or at least limit them to 3-4 times/game, and not an entire half as he did last game.

And while you're at it, perhaps advise the DC to throw the odd blitz in now and then, and mix them up in terms of who is being sent.

If we brought 7 man blitzes against the panicky Matt Nichols, is there any chance he steps up in the pocket and exploits it? I wouldn't bet on it. But unfortunately I also wouldn't bet on Benefeces bringing more than 4 with any sort of frequency. Most likely more of the deep zone looks. Nichols will be forced to check down to Harris a lot I suspect, but the question is can our linebacking corps keep him under wraps? Probably my biggest concern on that side of the ball. Konar lacks the speed to seal the edge, and Edwards couldn't tackle an old woman walking home with her groceries. I'm actually interested to see how they approach this, sliding Grymes up to spy Harris would be my opening move and then see what happens.

I really hope the rinky dink Maciocia crap is shelved. If there is one secondary in the league (outside of Toronto or Montreal) that I would actually be okay with testing with the deep ball, it's this one. Winnipeg doesn't have the personnel to keep Williams locked down.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kind of a random comment here, and which i'm known for, but September 30, 2017 was the date of the attack around Commonwealth stadium and DT that took place during a game between the Edmonton Eskimos and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. So a year later, on same identical date, same teams competing, For anybody that was involved or hurt in the incident this is a bit trauma insensitive of the CFL to do this.
Albeit I would assume, or like to, that they will acknowledge what had occurred 1yr ago near the stadium. Did the CFL do this intentionally consulting both clubs to have a game involving same teams on the anniversary? Just wondering more than anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad