Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v4

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ladler made the Redskins PR and Dave Campbell says McCoil isn’t likely to be back this year.

I hope Sunderland has a few backup plans.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Ladler made the Redskins PR and Dave Campbell says McCoil isn’t likely to be back this year.

I hope Sunderland has a few backup plans.

I hope an anvil falls on his head like in a Roadrunners/Coyote cartoon..

After tomorrow its "That's all folks"

The only real question is how many minutes it takes this time to run the Esks out of McMahon Stadium.

Fortunately though the Stamps have been off the last few weeks.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
So just watching today its obvious how much impact Charleston Hughes makes in Regina and how much Bighill makes in Winnipeg. Predictable on both counts. Those were sure things.

But after losing so many D starters the Esks "big splash" (that's a verbatim quote) is signing Alex Bazzie. I don't even have to finish that thought.

So that the best D on this team continues to be the ghost of JC Sherritt. A guy that is willing himself to try to make a difference but can't do it on his own.

To put this Sunderland lineup in perspective we have 3-5 defenders in the lineup that I would even bother to keep. ANY of the D Sunderland brought in here aren't any good.

Watching every game the feeling I get is that the only one that thinks this team is going anywhere on D is JC Sherritt. Beyond him there is no leadership, no belief, and just guys playing out the season and wondering about greener pastures.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hope an anvil falls on his head like in a Roadrunners/Coyote cartoon..

After tomorrow its "That's all folks"

The only real question is how many minutes it takes this time to run the Esks out of McMahon Stadium.

Fortunately though the Stamps have been off the last few weeks.

You seem extra curmudgeonly lately, lol.

Just gotta have lowered expectations ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So just watching today its obvious how much impact Charleston Hughes makes in Regina and how much Bighill makes in Winnipeg. Predictable on both counts. Those were sure things.

But after losing so many D starters the Esks "big splash" (that's a verbatim quote) is signing Alex Bazzie. I don't even have to finish that thought.

So that the best D on this team continues to be the ghost of JC Sherritt. A guy that is willing himself to try to make a difference but can't do it on his own.

To put this Sunderland lineup in perspective we have 3-5 defenders in the lineup that I would even bother to keep. ANY of the D Sunderland brought in here aren't any good.

Watching every game the feeling I get is that the only one that thinks this team is going anywhere on D is JC Sherritt. Beyond him there is no leadership, no belief, and just guys playing out the season and wondering about greener pastures.

Yeah, Sunderland’s talent evaluation is highly questionable.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It looks like the EE might have caught a break.

It is steady rain in Calgary this morning and it won't be a big day for offensive numbers, probably lots of turnovers.

Power runners will be in demand this afternoon so if Gable has a big game, who knows? Hope springs eternal.

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
Ditching Hervey was the worst move. Sunderland hasn't been here long enough to be fully criticized IMO. He needs to bring in a couple difference makers on defence and soon though

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The thing that will no doubt infuriate me the most is that Calgary will probably break numerous kick returns of 20+ yards and probably take one to the house. While we will fail to bring a kickoff over the 35 and put the ball on the rug at least once. I thought Roy Finch going to jail would hurt the Stamps, but they just kick a tree and the next game breaking returner falls out.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
V2iWbbm.png

Sister Bo Levi

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Calgary looks off today, Gable is playing well.

Esks have a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->