Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton @ Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Don't watch or support this team until the correct changes are made. It will cause you too much pain.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
We are doomed.

tumblr_nfk0qssR411u4tgxjo1_1280.jpg

I posted that yesterday as well. I see 1 victory, max 2. Oh well, living on the east coast, the games r on too late. I went to a game Saturday night in Antigonish, NS between STFX and UNB. Unreal game and great, great hockey. Heavy hitting. Anything that moved got hit. I then made he bad mistake and watched the Oilers when I got home.

On a another note, I went to Boston 2 weeks ago to see Oilers. While there, I watched BU and BC as well. Eichel or Hanifin r unreal

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
The ability of this team to suck so bad, consistently, and for so long is quite amazing. They're entering legendary status in the realm of tanking in pro sports (and they are tanking - even if it isn't intentional, it's on Katz to address management) I don't know what to say. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I don't see one win on this road trip. Unbelievable the only change was to the goalie coach.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Oh yeah, I forgot that the annual "Oilers play here in Calgary on Dec 31st and ruin my New Years partying since everyone is celebrating and mocking me" is on again this year.

Why haven't you stopped wearing your jersey around?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The only one I can see us eking out is the Winnipeg one... :help:

I doubt it highly. The Jets are going to run right over them. Physical team, and huge, and they play a shut down defence and have a true NHL coach. I see the Oilers having a shot in the Arizona and Colorado games before I'd say the Jets are a sure win. Just because they play in a ****hole of a city, doesn't automatically make them a bad team.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I doubt it highly. The Jets are going to run right over them. Physical team, and huge, and they play a shut down defence and have a true NHL coach. I see the Oilers having a shot in the Arizona and Colorado games before I'd say the Jets are a sure win. Just because they play in a ****hole of a city, doesn't automatically make them a bad team.

It's definitely one of the more winnable ones I think compared to the others, and we've played decent games against them in the past. We always seem to get burned by Arizona so I'm not too optimistic for that one either. Maybe Colorado though... :dunno:

Either way the outlook definitely looks bleak.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If we don't win against until beating an Eastern team, that means that we won't be winning a game till at least December 14th... that's really scary.

This run of games against the east could be good for people that want change.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Watch for Laraque to fight Hatcher, he'll be jonesing to get back at Derian for that dirty hit he threw on Hamrlik last time around. I'm calling a Carter hattrick in this one!

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
17 games is the longest losing streak ever in the NHL... can the Oilers beat it this season?

I really don't think that's possible. But I'm pretty sure it's possible for us to finish the season with our worst record in team history.

Talking seriously here:

If you all of the NHL GMs to fix this team, how many of them do you think would trade away Hall?

He's only effective when he's got the puck or in the offensive zone fighting for the puck.

When Edmonton is on the offensive his positioning is horrible unless one of Hopkins or Eberle have the puck.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Man, even though I realize we have a lot of lazy and enthusiastic guys on this team, what good do you guys think realistically will come out of ANY trades? We've had a dynasty of lazy and unenthusiastic bums on this team; players have come and gone, coaches changed, gm changed, but the one constant has always been the Old Boys Club. Until that cancer of a management group is killed off, nothing will change. We'll be like this until they all croak. Regardless of who signs or gets traded here. This sucks.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Seguin will score 5 goals, Hall will be unable to play after injuring himself in warm up. Just so the main board can dump on us even more.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Expecting Dallas to play like **** but Lehtonen to stand on his head, as per usual given recent history.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
The Oil rarely play well in Dallas, and the Stars are a much better team than their record states.

Maybe if we were at home with a 4 or 5 day rest to prepare for Dallas, I might call for a W. But the Oilers don't like to win, so look for the Stars to come out hard and put this thing to bed in the first period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad